Copa Final 2016: Barca - Sevilla 2-0(ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Flaco

MasChe

I'm guessing all other flags were sold, and when they banned esteladas, we just went like "feck it, come on you scotts!"

Badger

I think you've all been living under a rock if you can't understand why we have chosen Scotland flags.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, the Scottish flag thingy is lost on me too, especially since the Scottish voted NO to independence after all.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Catalonia also voted, same year the Scots, even though their "election" wasn't as legal as the one in Scotland.

Maybe the Scottish blue resembles the blue from catalonia and the white stripes can always be made red with the blood of madridistas...

Or they'll have Scottish flag on one side and catalan on the other side.

It's just baffling that the central government of a country doesn't understand that even though Catalonia is fighting against being part of them, telling them not to use a flag that should be 100% legal in Spain is now banned from a stadium.. it'll just make Catalans hold more anger towards them.

Edit: Anyway, a judge already overruled the ban which is impressive and logical. Barto & co doesn't have the kind of power the lawyers have, it's only logical they didn't poke here.

Last edited:

hardyboy

The Scottish flag has been chosen because Catalan independence group want the region to be given the same right to decide its political future as Scotland received in the referendum in 2014

JamDav1982

The Scottish flag has been chosen because Catalan independence group want the region to be given the same right to decide its political future as Scotland received in the referendum in 2014

If all it is about is the right to vote and the system then be as well using the British flag then and highlighting the political system that allowed Scotland to decide its future.

Still dont think having Scottish flags makes any sense. Even though looks like wont happen.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"British flag" :lol:

Riight.. Because symbol of colonialism and flag of kingdom would resonate well with separatist Catalans :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans