Club World Cup: FC Barcelona - Estudiantes de La Plata

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
El Barça de las Sexto Copas.

fucking GET IN.

zlatan was a beast up-front, it's a real shame he got called on for fouling every time he overpowered their sissy-ass defenders, but there ya go. he also lacked support as for the second half messi was being iniesta and pedro was holding the width, leaving him alone with titi. but he played well and was very good after messi's goal.

messi had a poor game. he was being fouled for the whole thing and played from HT onwards in iniesta's role, which didn't totally suit him. still, a fantastic run and stunningly improvised finish to win us the game in extra time. that, my friend, is balls. the way he celebrated it... I haven't seen him lose it like that for quite a while, he's always composed in his celebrations. beautiful stuff.

henry, crap. move on, sunshine.

pedro missed a few chances, particularly when he should have gone in with his head rather than tried to kick it (yer not zlatan, man). but in typical pedro fashion he popped up and scored a magnificently crucial goal. wicked performance.

jeffren came on and played with huge balls. I don't think he's as fast as estudiantes made him look, as they were all knackered, but it was a brilliant substitution by pep coz he really penned that shit of a #30 back in his own half.

xavi was not good. he had a few nice passes but by and large you could tell he was utterly knackered. should have had a penalty first half but was denied for some bizarre reason. still, not his finest hour.

keita was our best player first half. he was energetic and used the ball rather well. was surprised to see him come off, but pedro made the telling contribution in the end so fair play to pep.

busquets was our best player second half. he broke up SOOOOO many of their attacks and moved the ball around brilliantly (invaluable considering xavi's poor game). I wasn't surprised to see him come off, though.

as it brought yaya on, who was alright defensively, but crucially could play a hybrid DM/CB which allowed piquenbauer to run forward. did his job well I thought.

dani never stopped running, and did a great job working hard and making interceptions. he kept moving us forward, as he always does. I think it was his cross for the winner? I dunno. he put the ball into good areas but it wasn't always attacked, but he did his job.

abidal was VERY solid second half and beyond after fucking up huge first half, so obviously pep bollocked him and he took it on board. so credit to him for that.

puyol wasn't at his best, but wasn't at his worst either. truth be told he didn't have much to do.

piqué, you sexy motherfucker. he was brilliant at the back and then second half was a battering ram alongside zlatan. great work to keep the ball alive for pedro.

valdés had nothing to do apart from their goal, did he? I can't recall much. that save from that chance at the end, though. fucking hell, that was beautiful. offside or not. it was awesome.

as for pep... well, he got the lads motivated and made crucial subs that all worked. what a legend.

in other news the goddamn stream cut out soon after the final whistle so I missed the presentation and celebrations! :( someone's gonna haveta link me to them when they get uploaded. for serious.

VISCA BARCA!

DaniAlves

Guardiola crying so much was the cutest thing I've ever seen! And I cried with him! The team worked so hard today, they really deserved to win!

desoe

I'm kinda relieved now.

If we don't win this trophy never again until the end of the world, honestly I'd not give a shit. We finally won it.

E

Esteve

I'm sure someone will upload quickly enough, Meta.

That was an insanely tough match. They were flattened by Pedro's goal, before which Barça had them pinned back for quite a while. I knew they wouldn't score in ET, they looked out on their feet at full time. Very good performance by them, mind.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'm sure someone will upload quickly enough, Meta.

That was an insanely tough match. They were flattened by Pedro's goal, before which Barça had them pinned back for quite a while. I knew they wouldn't score in ET, they looked out on their feet at full time. Very good performance by them, mind.

well SOMEONE BETTER *rage*

but yeah, it was typical estudiantes. very hard to break down, very organised. deadly on the break. we were lucky enzo perez cunted himself into a booking and had to be taken off, coz he was causing us problems.

only pep's reshuffling, with yaya allowing piqué to move forward, truly unsettled them and only then did we find some space. you're right that pedro's goal killed them. we just had to bide our team in ET, which we did. and then GOD LEO buried that cross from dani.

desoe

Veron was really pissed off, wasn't he ?

When he was waiting to get his "silver ball" award, I thought he is going to KO the guy who was telling him "come on, jog on - we have a lot of other stuff to do".

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
oh yeh, he was tired as fuck. he ran his heart out covering every blade of grass and probably had no mispasses. finally, i understand why he is in the argentine national team. what a player. he was estudiantes.

Home of Barca Fans