Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Does he have a contract till 2026? I swear Hunter said that on Premier Sports.

He's a bit daft, but Lenglet from French NT and Lenglet at Barcelona is a night and day difference. Varane partly the same. He's not the issue here, regularly gets hung out to dry by worse players. But he's certainly got a risk issue.

He has the arms of FUCKING Satan himself. Cut those unholy lanky shits off

Batistuta9

Should have known better than hold a real Madrid player's shirt in the box. Was always going to a penalty once var got involved.

fergus90

Does he have a contract till 2026? I swear Hunter said that on Premier Sports.

He's a bit daft, but Lenglet from French NT and Lenglet at Barcelona is a night and day difference. Varane partly the same. He's not the issue here, regularly gets hung out to dry by worse players. But he's certainly got a risk issue.

He's definitely not good enough to build a defence around, which a new contract until 2026 and Bartomeu's constant mention of him in the indispensable list suggests he is. He's okay playing 15-20 games a season against the lesser sides.

Sorin

This guy would've been solid 5th option at Barca under Pep after Puyol, Pique, Mascherano, and fit Milito. Now he's an undisputed starter. :lol:

You know there's VAR on and you play Madrid. And you pull the guy's shirt and activate the Randy Orton / Dave Bautista in him. How retarded can you get?

More like sixth, would put Abidal there before I'd risk letting Lenglet throw his stupid arms around.

serghei

More like sixth, would put Abidal there before I'd risk letting Lenglet throw his stupid arms around.

Yea, forgot about Abidal. Abidal CB and Adriano LB. Much much better.

And I tell you what. If we signed that Ukrainian flop of a CB now instead of then, he wouldn't seem as bad.

Sorin

Yea, forgot about Abidal. Abidal CB and Adriano LB. Much much better.

Abidal had a few games where he played CB and he was actually world class in that position. Such an inteligent player, whatever happened to his intelligence lately I don't know.

serghei

Abidal had a few games where he played CB and he was actually world class in that position. Such an inteligent player, whatever happened to his intelligence lately I don't know.

He was hired by a board based on name and past story (illness) mostly. That's what. Like a PR stunt.

Sorin

He was hired by a board based on name and past story (illness) mostly. That's what. Like a PR stunt.

Agreed. From what I remember Rosell had to make some shady deals for that second transplant. Probably had to repay a debt to Bartomeu and Co and they just jumped at the first chance to score some pr points after their failures over the years.

So anyway, about Lenglet, I'd actually sell him since he is, funnily enough, one of the few players that we have that have value in the transfer market. Sell Lenglet, put the difference for Kounde, promote Araujo, use Pique as 3rd choice CB and loan a cheap one like Murillo for the fourth bench role.

Toecrusher

He is a good 3rd choice CB for a top squad. Unfortunately with our CB depth we are stuck with him. Has too many brainfarts.

Home of Barca Fans