Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

Leo_Messi

Well, the fewer minutes he plays the better after having played a lot in the past few months. France is the most stacked NT in terms of CB's so they won't exactly miss him. He will get his chances eventually.

EdmondDantes

Well, the fewer minutes he plays the better after having played a lot in the past few months. France is the most stacked NT in terms of CB's so they won't exactly miss him. He will get his chances eventually.

They're definitely stacked, what baffles me is that Kimpembe and Zouma keep getting call-ups over Lenglet and Laporte. It is ludicrous.

Leo_Messi

They're definitely stacked, what baffles me is that Kimpembe and Zouma keep getting call-ups over Lenglet and Laporte. It is ludicrous.

Deschamps have always had this more or less "untouchable favorites". Hence the likes of Laporte never getting a chance and several others. Not until long ago bang average footballers like Moussa Sissoko where one of his go-to guys off the bench.

Anyway I am happy that Lenglet was not called up. Played plenty of minutes this season and is due a break. Unlike Umtiti who needs to obtain some kind of match fitness.

EdmondDantes

Deschamps have always had this more or less "untouchable favorites". Hence the likes of Laporte never getting a chance and several others. Not until long ago bang average footballers like Moussa Sissoko where one of his go-to guys off the bench.

Anyway I am happy that Lenglet was not called up. Played plenty of minutes this season and is due a break. Unlike Umtiti who needs to obtain some kind of match fitness.

Same here. I'm happy for us, but sad for Clement.

cracken

Laporte will never be called up. He tried to pressure Deschamps by issuing an ultimatum and threatening to represent Spain. He also voiced his support for Rabiot after the shit he pulled before the World cup.

serghei

Love this player. Could be one of the main forces in the locker-room a few years down the line.

Couldn't give a shit he isn't called up for France. He's a couple of levels above that Kimpembe dude.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans