Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

serghei

Right. Something about him screams success. Going just by the attitude, I feel confident.

Totally. Unique combination of force, technicality and speed. An all package like Van Dijk only a lot younger. Comes from a country with a long tradition of top class defenders too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Totally. Unique combination of force, technicality and speed. An all package like Van Dijk only a lot younger. Comes from a country with a long tradition of top class defenders too.

I think that's a bit OTT serghei, don't think he's anything like van Dijk nor does he have great speed or is the physical type of CB :lol:. But I'll agree he's a promising good CB and a good signing considering the market.

serghei

I think that's a bit OTT serghei, don't think he's anything like van Dijk nor does he have great speed or is the physical type of CB :lol:. But I'll agree he's a promising good CB and a good signing considering the market.

We'll see. I think he's got all those things. If he played at 19 as a starter in a very physical league like Ligue 1 with a lot of hard contacts, he's no joke. Unless it's one of those cases where the highlights are deceiving... he's got the goods and hopefully he'll show it.

DonAK

We'll see. I think he's got all those things. If he played at 19 as a starter in a very physical league like Ligue 1 with a lot of hard contacts, he's no joke.

Oh no. You've set off the Ligue 1 detector. Jair Ventura will be here in no time.

serghei

Oh no. You've set off the Ligue 1 detector. Jair Ventura will be here in no time.

I know we make fun of Ligue 1, and most of it it's justifiable, but it is a physical league that toughens players from a very young age, and that's why many talents in defense come from there.

El Gato

Villarato!

serghei OTT? Never :D

I rate Lenglet actually. Think he's slightly more solid than Umtiti in that he seems less prone to dumb mistakes. With CBs you're either Ramos, VVD, Pique or Bonucci and you're imperious in the air and (mostly) with your feet, but you make big blunders when the eyes are on you. On the flip side you can be less of a specimen but you make up for it with a cool head i.e. Nacho, Chiellini.

+ it's actually the 2nd breed that make the Puyols and the Nestas. Head is more important of an asset. Hence why Varane was so successful from an early age, never gets carried away and this here is his first year where Sergio is kind of carrying him.

Last edited:

serghei

Says [MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION] with his 4 new Iniestas. :lol:.

We now have a new Varane with some Van Dijk mixed in.

Joan

Tend to agree with serghei regarding Todibo. He's not the fastest, but he's got some pace. Not the strongest, but not a walkover either. Seems like he's got some of the requirements needed to be a good CB.

(bear in mind I've never seen him play a full match :lol:)

DonAK

Tend to agree with serghei regarding Todibo. He's not the fastest, but he's got some pace. Not the strongest, but not a walkover either. Seems like he's got some of the requirements needed to be a good CB.

(bear in mind I've never seen him play a full match :lol:)

Wait a second.

He was talking about Todibo when he made that van Dijk comparison? Well that makes way more sense then. Thought he was talking about Lenglet :lol:

Not that I agree though as I've not watched him play a full match either so cannot make a judgement.

Joan

Wait a second.

He was talking about Todibo when he made that van Dijk comparison? Well that makes way more sense then. Thought he was talking about Lenglet :lol:

Not that I agree though as I've not watched him play a full match either so cannot make a judgement.

:lol: it didn't prevent serghei and me from making them

Last edited:

soul24rage

Wait a second.

lol I thought they were talking about Lenglet too haha

Arizona Scott

Lenglet and Alba were at fault for the goal, terrible play on both players part was required to allow that goal to happen. But Lenglet was outstanding except for that IMO. Really excellent passing, positioning, defending.

Home of Barca Fans