Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

Messigician

Varane isn't a player to be compared with. Varane is one of the best CB in the world atm and has been playing at top level for a long time, not to mention having a mentor like Ramos.

Lenglet is younger and just moved to a big club.

I'm not comparing Varane to just Lenglet, the initial post was regarding all defenders.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Didn't Lucas outpace Alba? You telling me Varane's faster than Jordi?

He's not, but Lucas would have less space vs the CBs and Varane is great at positioning his body so he's able to turn quickly. Alba or most FBs in general tend to position themselves directly towards the attacker and stand still or overcommit which is why one move can leave them behind.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
He's not, but Lucas would have less space vs the CBs and Varane is great at positioning his body so he's able to turn quickly. Alba or most FBs in general tend to position themselves directly towards the attacker and stand still or overcommit which is why one move can leave them behind.

I agree that Varane is probably the fastest CB in top flight footy, but in a high line situation with both players chasing the ball, Lucas would leave Varane in the dust without breaking a sweat.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I agree that Varane is probably the fastest CB in top flight footy, but in a high line situation with both players chasing the ball, Lucas would leave Varane in the dust without breaking a sweat.

With open space probably.

He's really fast though. Winger level fast for a CB.

Calidad

I was impressed with him the other night, despite his slip up on the second goal. Especially as he had come in to the game fairly cold.

Still too early to judge, but I liked what I saw.

Gnidrologist

I liked his save after both Pique and Semedo failed to contain Moura. Some would say it was lucky deflection, but i remember a lot of such rebounds from Puyol, who would just berserk in any situation, where shit seems to be hitting the fan and make a lot of last ditch saves. He needs to maintain this mentality. Very good for the team.

Gnidrologist

Pacy CB is a bless. I think Puyol even though somewhat clumsy, was always fast. Don't remember him outpaced regularly. Maybe because he had this hidden skill to brake every fast attack in it's outset. Maybe we a lack a conservative CB? We always look on ball playing cbs. Puyol and Masch were good at ball playing enough, but they were mainly great destroyers. We lack such players now.

serghei

Has a very high ceiling imo. Pretty good at most things for his position. If he improves just a bit he can fit for a starting spot which is the big dream I think for him.

Home of Barca Fans