Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

xXKonan

If there's one thing I like the most about him is he doesn't let some of the taller and physical strikers bully him so easily.

Handled himself well against Kane and like Last year he didn't let Lukaku get the best of him when he was playing for Sevilla vs United.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think he is a intelligent lad, but what is up with his pace? Did he get outpaced many times or no?

xXKonan

I think he is a intelligent lad, but what is up with his pace? Did he get outpaced many times or no?
From what I've seen of him I don't think he's that slow.

But what will get him in trouble is if his challenges/interceptions aren't timed properly and if he misses it he will probably get outpaced. He's not a short guy he's around 6'2, and he won't be able to turn on a dime like let's say someone like Mascherano and even Umtiti.

But to his credit, he's only 23 years old so he has plenty of time to improve on his flaws.

Porque

I think the issue is that he over commits leaving himself exposed if hes late or the opponent has quick feet. Hence getting nutmegged a few times.

Solid LCB backup. Now lets get Pique's long term replacement next summer.

Nothanks

I don't think he is slow, his opponents today were fairly quick, many times he was up against lucas who is by no means slow.. doubt any centerback can keep up

Gnidrologist

I think we would neutralize pacy forwards better if we returned to high and intense press at least in CL games. At some points in yesterday's game we did that and Tottenham is useless without being able to pass around the ball freely. They are also a keep ball team, only much lesser than Barca. If we let them run at us, while we fall back, we're usually up shit creek.

PhilS

Glad he is on the team, but I do not see a future starter in him, at least yet. Not even sure he should even be CB#3 this year, Vermaelen looked better in the second half of last season.

xXKonan

If Lenglet keeps performing well I hope Valverde doesn't ram Umtiti back in the starting XI so quickly once he gets back.

Yeah I know Pique scares everyone but I think for Umtiti's own good he gets phased back in slower.

Donatello

Varane could. Lenglet isn't slow but he's not quick either.

Varane isn't a player to be compared with. Varane is one of the best CB in the world atm and has been playing at top level for a long time, not to mention having a mentor like Ramos.

Lenglet is younger and just moved to a big club.

Home of Barca Fans