Claudio Bravo

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I remember VV saving so many 1-on-1's, that helped the team win many games. He's still the best gk we had, and a legend for sure.
He was an absolute wall during Tata's season. If he'd have stayed fit, we might have actually won something.

God Serena

Victor Valdes was one of the cornerstones of our golden era. If you deny that you're a fool, and if you're a Barca fan you're even less.

Total-Football

Victor Valdes was one of the cornerstones of our golden era. If you deny that you're a fool, and if you're a Barca fan you're even less.

your words are not the Quran Buddy .. the fool is the one who thinks his words are holy

If someone put together real quick a compilation of Valdes fuck ups here .. i'm sure the video would exceed 5 minutes ..

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
While he may not be a legend of the game (as in there were always keepers better than him, just not at Barça), you cannot deny that he's a Barça legend, because as a key part of our legendary run this century, he is a Barça legend.

Total-Football

He was disposable at every moment of his run here .. we bought no competition and we were happy with mediocrity .. Xavi , Iniesta are legends because we kept buying midfielders and nobody could break that partnership .. that's how good they were ..that's the legendary status .. your definition of " legend " is fucked up big time .. one say because he stayed long , the other says because he took part in our amazing team .. they were carrying his ass and not the other way around .. not to mention those contract extensions and the nerves he got .. straight bullying the administration for extra buck . performance wise + behaviour wise Victor valdes was ok .. nothing more

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Victor Valdes is the pioneer of the sweeper-keeper concept and he was an integral part of the golden generation of Barca..... Pep, the manager of the said golden generation of Barca, once said that his team is Victor Valdes and 10 others! Victor Valdes had such a huge impact on the game and here we go on to say some body who has been here for only 2 years as more of a legend than him!

Last edited:

God Serena

He was disposable at every moment of his run here .. we bought no competition and we were happy with mediocrity .. Xavi , Iniesta are legends because we kept buying midfielders and nobody could break that partnership .. that's how good they were ..that's the legendary status .. your definition of " legend " is fucked up big time .. one say because he stayed long , the other says because he took part in our amazing team .. they were carrying his ass and not the other way around .. not to mention those contract extensions and the nerves he got .. straight bullying the administration for extra buck . performance wise + behaviour wise Victor valdes was ok .. nothing more

There are 5 minute long videos of every top keepers fuck ups. Is that really the best you can do?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I agree that Valdes is for sure not a goalkeeping legend in football as a sport. I do personally consider him a Barca legend but I think more in the same way that you guys do, that he was a part of the legend of "Golden Age Barca". Almost every true starter from the golden era can be considered part of our legend based on their contribution to Barca's success. This includes guys like Pique, Alves, Eto'o, Busi, Abidal, etc. (and I'd argue that every one of those guys are bigger legends for Barca than Valdes). I'd say Pedro's legacy wasn't far off from Valdes' but his lack of longevity, form, and time as a starter in comparison don't classify him as a legend. The point is that everyone who had a notable impact on either of the trebles and all of the success in between has solidified their memory into Barca's history. The team's feat is legendary and they are part of that.

However, it's easy to understand if someone has a different personal definition of what a legend is. If they're talking about a 'legend' as a player who is practically at the level of worship in a club's history, it doesn't apply to nearly as many players. Under this kind of metric, the legends of the past decade are Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, and Puyol. Before them, guys like Cruyff and Pep. These guys are really ingrained into the folklore of the club. They're the kinds of examples that pointed to in La Masia and they will always be talked about when thinking of the club.

psychotsek

Just my two cents:
VV was a good keeper that happened to play in Barca's golden decade and in no way a legeng as Casillas is celebrated in Madrid.
The fact that there are people debating his ''legendary'' or not status is a sign against that.
Noone will ever have any doubts about Messi,Xavi,Iniesta,Puyol etc.

On topic Bravo was a great addition to the squad.Only time will tell but i think letting him go right now is a mistake.
Mats will have to bring his A level consistently or else he will be in trouble.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans