Claudio Bravo

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Leipzig will also get stronger next season.
He's 34 soon, upgrade of team was never on the cards anyway.

It's not like he is joining Valencia or Leicester or going to China.

God Serena

I remember when this guy was so world class that letting him leave for Mats was the biggest mistake we could have possibly made.

Now he's going to... Leipzig. While Mats is keeping us in La Liga almost by himself at this point.

Catta

I remember when this guy was so world class that letting him leave for Mats was the biggest mistake we could have possibly made.

Now he's going to... Leipzig. While Mats is keeping us in La Liga almost by himself at this point.

That still doesn't change the fact that bravo was a better gk than mats while they both were at barca

Devils

What makes it bad is that he would still be at Barca if he wanted to be. And I'm sure we would have kept him for many years as a back-up keeper.

His time at City has turned him into a joke while at Barca he was regarded one of the best keepers in the world.

khaled_a_d

Leipzig wants him,that doesn't mean he is going there. Could very well stay at City and prepare for a "come back" type of season

Still a significant downgrade. Bayern not letting that league title leave their hands any time soon and I would bet Dortmund to better them if they fix their defence and midfield playmaker than Leipzig.

Based on what? Leipzig is 8 points clear on BVB while only 5 short for Bayern while playing their 1st ever Bundesliga IIRC. They have better financial situation with rich company behind them, I would personally rate Hasenhüttl as the better coach. If anything this is the team to challenge Bayern in the next years.

God Serena

That still doesn't change the fact that bravo was a better gk than mats while they both were at barca

That's only if you believe that to be true, which I do not. Bravo was better in his first season but you can't make a case for Bravo being better in 2016 and beyond because he wasn't.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Stegen has one good month behind him.
Let's first see him perform for few monthd before even considering him anywhere close to what Bravo gave us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Leipzig wants him,that doesn't mean he is going there. Could very well stay at City and prepare for a "come back" type of season

Based on what? Leipzig is 8 points clear on BVB while only 5 short for Bayern while playing their 1st ever Bundesliga IIRC. They have better financial situation with rich company behind them, I would personally rate Hasenhüttl as the better coach. If anything this is the team to challenge Bayern in the next years.

Based on that the fact that Dortmund simply have the better overall team, failed by its defence and playmaker void since Gundogan left.

Leipzig might lose a couple of players, they have a rich company behind them, but still not the spending power to spend an outrageous amount of money and Dortmund's finances are getting better and better, so they can now keep their players and sign some other good ones.

Leipzig is a surprise package this season. They've taken the league by storm, but the chances of them going big aren't high. Teams will find ways to exploit their weaknesses and only then will we see how they cope. Dortmund have everything in place already for a team to properly challenge Bayern from the management structure to experience at this level. Only thing lacking is some key components in their team + consistency.

khaled_a_d

Based on that the fact that Dortmund simply have the better overall team, failed by its defence and playmaker void since Gundogan left.

Leipzig might lose a couple of players, they have a rich company behind them, but still not the spending power to spend an outrageous amount of money and Dortmund's finances are getting better and better, so they can now keep their players and sign some other good ones.

Leipzig is a surprise package this season. They've taken the league by storm, but the chances of them going big aren't high. Teams will find ways to exploit their weaknesses and only then will we see how they cope. Dortmund have everything in place already for a team to properly challenge Bayern from the management structure to experience at this level. Only thing lacking is some key components in their team + consistency.

I really don't see it,you are basically saying BVB just being failed by half of the team while teams might find way to exploit Leipzig weakness?
BVB weaknesses are much worse and need bigger work
Their late Arsene Wenger approach works against them IMHO,they have put themselves into a situation that many of the star players would want out. they are step for a player to go to the real big clubs.
Leipzig approach for last years has been slowly building a team that can contend,they are now the exciting successful team. They don't have power to spend now b/c they have just reached Bundesliga,expect them to spend more every year. Doubt they will sell players as easily as BVB
Teams failed to exploit Bayern weakness, teams only exploited for weaknesses if they stagnate and stop developing,it is more up to the team itself than the opponents. we will see if that is the case for Leipzig but surely it has been the case for BVB for few years btw.
It is all speculative at this point,but I don't think there is anything conclusive about Leipzig situation other than the fact they are currently doing much better than BVB

mark1nhu

What makes it bad is that he would still be at Barca if he wanted to be. And I'm sure we would have kept him for many years as a back-up keeper.

His time at City has turned him into a joke while at Barca he was regarded one of the best keepers in the world.

Also, as far as I know, we weren't going to make him just a backup keeper. It was just a role switch, playing CdR and CL instead of La Liga.

xXKonan

Also, as far as I know, we weren't going to make him just a backup keeper. It was just a role switch, playing CdR and CL instead of La Liga.
He was probably worried about his starting spot of the National team if he didn't play on a constant basis.

Yeah his form dropped during the second half of the season but imo he still had gas in the tank still and he got a offer to work under Pep and for someone in his situation who wouldn't want to play for Pep? especially as a starter for a team like City.

It's shocking what happened to Bravo during his time in Manchester so far. It was suppose to be a opportunity for him to help Pep and City into a new era but unfortunately for him it ended up being a complete nightmare.

He's a fighter no doubt and he will keep trying to regain the trust of Pep and his spot again but if he decides to leave City after one season, playing for a team like Leipzig in Germany wouldn't be a bad deal at all.

God Serena

His time at Barca was the height of his career. Moving to Germany isn't going to stop him from conceding constant howlers. Behold, the Diego Lopez effect.

Messi983

I think Jasper is more than a solid competition for MATS after his performances in CDR.

Also, Bravo will probably go to a club where he'll be a starter.

behindbrowneyes

Some people here underestimate the financial power of Red Bull in sports sponsoring. You shouldn't forget that Red Bull just got promoted to the Bundesliga. They are building up their reputation now and will get better players easier with a CL-spot in the summer. Too less money won't be a problem.

Additionally, their scouting prospects are superb. Mané broke records with his move to Liverpool (most expansive Pool-transfer ever), Naby Keita plays an impressive first year in Bundesliga after destroying everything in Austrias Bundesliga. Arsenal and Dortmund are after him right now, but Red Bull will increase his wages dramatically.

What is more, they have the necessary infrastructure and great youth academies. Salzburg has just destroyed last years finalist PSG by 5-0 in CL youth league.

Only thing that could stop them is the problem with Salzburg and Leipzig relating to UEFA regulations, that's why Red Bull went from ownership to just being a main sponsor in Salzburg.

Home of Barca Fans