Claudio Bravo

xXKonan

Bravo's lawyer explains in statement that lawsuit regarding part of transfer fee is only against Real Sociedad, not Barcelona. [via l'esp]

serghei

Bravo played almost twice the amount of minutes and he did so week in and week out where as ter Stegen had his minutes spread out until the final stage of the season. It's not a fair comparison because any keeper need consistency and Bravo got it last season.

You talk about earning it and needing consistency, but there is no way he can earn it or gain any consistency if he is challenging someone who plays much more than him and regularly. And keep in mind that we won the Cup and CL last season so Marc played much less despite of playing the max amount of games he could play.

Not a fair comparison.

There is no way to know if Stegen would've been as good as Bravo in the League, the only thing we know is that Bravo has been sensational for us. It is not Bravo's fault that Stegen got injured and he got a better start. Stegen was unlucky that he got injured before the season started and that Bravo took his chance and made the most out of it. I still fail to see Bravo's fault in all of this, what did he do wrong? If he did nothing wrong and people still want him benched, that's a problem with the Barca fans right there.

Zangash

Banned
There is no way to know if Stegen would've been as good as Bravo in the League, the only thing we know is that Bravo has been sensational for us. It is not Bravo's fault that Stegen got injured and he got a better start. Stegen was unlucky that he got injured before the season started and that Bravo took his chance and made the most out of it. I still fail to see Bravo's fault in all of this, what did he do wrong? If he did nothing wrong and people still want him benched, that's a problem with the Barca fans right there.

It's not about if he did something wrong or not. ter Stegen is not an inferior keeper by any means but he's far younger and has a higher ceiling. It's not that we want to see him benched, it's that we want to see our long term future taken care of more than we care about appeasing a single player out of the interest of fairness. ter Stegen was signed because he is a very talented keeper who is very young, and he could be in between our posts for the next 10-15 years, improving all along the way. Bravo only has a couple seasons left of his current level, and that current level isn't something ter Stegen can't match in his current state.

If anything Bravo should be happy we plucked him from a career of mediocrity and allowed him the opportunity to have the best season of his life here. Him becoming backup is a necessary step in the right direction and when we're talking about "Fairness" I don't think it's fair at all for ter Stegen to have been courted for nearly two years, given the #1 jersey, and promptly benched because Alex Song couldn't control himself in training. If stegen stays on the bench for yet another season despite being a CL and Copa winning keeper do you see him being happy with that, or do you see him jumping ship to one of the numerous clubs foaming at the mouth to sign a keeper of his quality who wants more playing time? Mats isn't La Masia, so we have no reason whatsoever to expect stupidly blind loyalty from him the way many do with Bartra. If ter Stegen leaves (A lot of people here were talking about sending him out on LOAN! Ha!) and we're stuck with Bravo what do we do when Bravo declines? One step forward, two steps back. If Bravo decides he doesn't like becoming backup he can leave. There are plenty of 30+ year old keepers willing to play backup for the best club in the world, and even if there isn't, Masip can play backup and I'm sure he'd do a good job if given more than one game a season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

There is no way ter Stegen can deserve it either unless Bravo has a stinker because of the big difference in playing time and condiiton. Didn't say Bravo had any fault in it or should be benched. I'd like to see a swap of roles though.

tS - LL

Bravo - All cups

i'd bet that is what enrique has in mind. mats is yet to debut in the liga :lol: and all comps have been won so both players are probably looking forward to it.
The 5 additional games should also make it easier for bravo to comply

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Messi got nothing on bravo. Bravo is gonna beast in the final. You guys watch.
this^^^

People so easily forget the Messi-no-trophy-for-Argentina curse! Even after it has turned the Copa América into a Messi-no-goals-in-open-play trophy!!

xXKonan

CJGzLq7UsAAt9f4.jpg

Bravo got award for best goalkeeper of 2015 Copa America! and congrats Bravo on winning the Copa America!

Home of Barca Fans