CL | Round of 16 - 2nd Leg: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint-Germain 6-1 (6-5 agg.)

Tuchel told Viasat: 'Everyone was freaking out. It was 4-1 when we left the pitch, I came to my office and it was 5-1. I mean, I love Barcelona. No offence to Paris, I love Paris Saint-Germain as well.

'Everyone was watching and we could feel it, you know, and we were just excited because we won 4-0 so everyone was celebrating.

'Suddenly the ball was coming and it was a goal and it was no offside. We thought we were spectacular but these guys (Barcelona)... sorry.'

Future Barcelona coach :D

Centauri B

When we beat Chelsea in the dying seconds with the Iniesta goal, that was also crazy. And we went on to win the treble. We were favourites to win this competition the whole way through until the first leg of the PSG game. PSG were fourth favourites for this competition, and we just made their defence look non-existent when they had a four goal lead. Bayern spanking Arsenal over two legs isn't anywhere near as impressive.

I liked the way the team was set up today. We don't have a right back, so instead of bashing ourselves against a wall by trying to shoehorn different players into that position, we should adapt to a system that doesn't need a right back. Adding Messi into the midfield means we have total midfield dominance, which was always our best form of defence. The way the team pressed and supported each other today was the best and most cohesive I've seen them in quick a while.

As great as this EPIC comeback makes us feel, we have to admit that God was on our side tonight. Back when Iniesta won the tie against Chelsea, no team could match our own, Real Madrid was impotent in front of us (remember, we had then annihilated 2-6 only three days before the Stamford Bridge match) and with that Iniesta goal we went straight into the CL final against United who mistakenly thought they were our equals. Today, we achieved *the most epic comeback in football history* but we are only at the QF stage and I would consider Bayern to be far superior to us in defense and midfield, while we are only superior in terms of the front-three. Moreover, we still have a brutal league tussle with Real Madrid raging on, while Bayern have their league wrapped-up in a bow and will only be concentrating on the CL from now on. I also fear that Real Madrid are better than us in midfield and defense, well, in midfield at least. Juventus will also be a major challenger, since they are also very capable and just like Bayern, they have also wrapped-up their league title.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that we are some kind of outsiders, not with the talent we have and our recent upsurge in quality of play, but I just can't confidently say that we are the number one favorite for this Champions League title. Maybe our long overdue lucky draws (we have had the worst for many consecutive years) will help us from now on, at least this is what I hope so.

Capitan Puyol

Strange celebration in the BT studio... I thought that Rio, Gerrard and Owen are anti-Barca haters.
I expected that reaction only by Gary Lineker (ex-barcelonista)!:rockon:

klc123

As great as this EPIC comeback makes us feel, we have to admit that God was on our side tonight. Back when Iniesta won the tie against Chelsea, no team could match our own, Real Madrid was impotent in front of us (remember, we had then annihilated 2-6 only three days before the Stamford Bridge match) and with that Iniesta goal we went straight into the CL final against United who mistakenly thought they were our equals. Today, we achieved *the most epic comeback in football history* but we are only at the QF stage and I would consider Bayern to be far superior to us in defense and midfield, while we are only superior in terms of the front-three. Moreover, we still have a brutal league tussle with Real Madrid raging on, while Bayern have their league wrapped-up in a bow and will only be concentrating on the CL from now on. I also fear that Real Madrid are better than us in midfield and defense, well, in midfield at least. Juventus will also be a major challenger, since they are also very capable and just like Bayern, they have also wrapped-up their league title.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that we are some kind of outsiders, not with the talent we have and our recent upsurge in quality of play, but I just can't confidently say that we are the number one favorite for this Champions League title. Maybe our long overdue lucky draws (we have had the worst for many consecutive years) will help us from now on, at least this is what I hope so.

I'm sorry, but what the fuck is this based on?

Bayern lost 1-0 against Atletico in the group stage. They also lost against FC Rostov 3-2 when their place wasn't secure. Yes they beat Arsenal 5-1 in both legs, but Arsenal are pretty weak opposition.

I would consider Real much more difficult opposition than Bayern. The only decent team that Bayern have played this season is Atletico, and both games were 1-0 to either side.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Strange celebration in the BT studio... I thought that Rio, Gerrard and Owen are anti-Barca haters.
I expected that reaction only by Gary Lineker (ex-barcelonista)!:rockon:

Owen does appreciate us, despite playing for the evil club. Ferdinand, however, is still butt hurt that we denied him CL twice. I am not too sure why you think Gerrard would be against us

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
If any team could've pulled off the greatest comback in European football history...then it would've been us. Any other team would be dead and buried. Thankfully my voice has recovered haha.

Feb. 17 2017:

Pep "If a team can overcome a 4-0 deficit, that team is FC Barcelona"

Pep "My advice to everyone is; don't criticize Barca so much because they can prove everyone wrong"

beogatts

It won't happen, simple as that. 5 unanswered goals is unreasonable to expect even when rolling over Liga minnows, there's no way we can do it against a PSG side who are defending their lead and will only grow more defensive wth every goal we score. Even if we do manage 2-3-4 goals there's always the chance that one of our defenders pulls a Mascherano and one of their forwards *actually* converts on us and we're doomed, and it's not as if our defense isn't prone to fucking up at this point.

If we managed to make this comeback I'd change my profile pic to Paco Alcacer for a month.

and...tht starts from today. :lucho:

Home of Barca Fans