CL | Round of 16 - 1st Leg: PSG - FC Barcelona 4-0

F

FlaFCB

Meunier: "I was surprised. For example, in the play I assisted cavani, I could run for 50m all alone, and I asked myself how was that possible."

That's what having no midfield does to a team. It becomes disjointed, and easier to be ran over, like we were.

Devils

After sleeping on it I realize that I am just super pissed off, not surprised or shocked at all which just adds to my rage. Everyone who watches Barca weekly knew this would coming since the start of the season.

There is so much that Lucho and Robert have to be held accountable for.

Not just the results of this season but the extremely poor style of play, lack of motivation, terrible signings...These guys wouldn't get away with this shit at other top clubs so why are they getting away with it here?

We're exactly what Chelsea were last season, only we have 3 of the top 5 players in the who grinded out results for us over the season. The equivalent of putting a band-aid over a gunshot wound.

I'm also disappointing waking up today to see that Lucho and Robert haven't resigned. For shame.

So unacceptable.

Last edited:
Verratti: "I was surprised. For example, in the play I assisted cavani, I could run for 50m all alone, and I asked myself how was that possible."

That's what having no midfield does to a team. It becomes disjointed, and easier to be ran over, like we were.

That was Meunier. He repeated again how stunned he was by that.

Lutece FC

PSG looks worse than last seasons and I bet half of their fans regret replacing Blanc with Emery now.

Win is, perhaps, too much to ask though. Considering our poor performances this season I'll take a draw and then finish them off at Camp Nou.

Wrong.

See my picture

Change Blanc by Emery last year, we go at least to semi-final and IMO we go to final.

F

FlaFCB

This performance yesterday was way worse than the one vs Bayern, imo. Back then the team was under many serious problems. This was just utter incompetence, that was brewing for a year. Impressive how the supposedly "professionals" at the helm are so clueless.

Devils

Yes, much worse than Bayern...

We can't neglect that during the Bayern tie that Messi was injured, our coach was out battling cancer and was out for large part of the season and Bayern were a monstrous team who were dominating every opponent they faced.

We have no excuse for yesterday other than complete incompetence and totally neglecting our problems which have been clear for the entire world to see since September.

When we drew PSG, nobody was scared of that draw, even though they were one of the strongest opponents we could have drawn, we all felt pretty confident. There was very minimal fear factor against PSG. And there really shouldn't be! It was the cause of our incompetent management.

Lucho and Robert should be ashamed of themselves. Absolutely disgusting they neglected the problems that the whole world could see.

Last edited:

ATLBarcaFan

We looked old and disinterested for the most part. Neymar seemed to be the only field player giving effort. We all knew this was coming, this team just isn't very good right now

F

FlaFCB

[Tw]831813233539481600[/tw]

Very good analysis. In castellano, but I think Google translate is good enough to read it.

Iarwain

Everything around that 2nd goal was bizarre. From Messi losing the ball, to Iniesta jogging and not pressuring Verratti, to Busquets just standing between two CBs.

I'm appalled how much time on the ball Verratti was allowed in the 1st half. To the point of wondering was he even a subject of team talk in tie preparation.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
can't expect anything more from madrid. how quickly they forget they were the original round of 16 exit experts. before arsenal made it a thing. yes, before arsenal.

And they raised a hue and cry when Pique made fun of their ridiculous mistake of playing a suspended player in Copa.

It's a pity that they have a sugar daddy to bail them out when they play like shit though

Badger

The players were absolutely pathetic. They should pay for our fans that travelled to see that pish.

PhilS

All this criticism of Lucho, why so easy on the players?

The only Barca player who could have improved the PSG lineup was Neymar. Maybe Ter Stegen, but PSG did not even need to have a keeper.

All 3 Barca midfielders were completely outclassed. Barca needs all new midfielders. You cannot coach around that.

Home of Barca Fans