CL | Round of 16 - 1st Leg: PSG - FC Barcelona 4-0

CuleLife4Life

Lets be real. We'd need to beat PSG with 5 goals to advance. I can't see that happening even in Camp Nou.

I do think La Liga is still a real possibility. Never underestimate Real's ability to choke away a lead.

KingLeo10

Lets be real. We'd need to beat PSG with 5 goals to advance. I can't see that happening even in Camp Nou.

I do think La Liga is still a real possibility. Never underestimate Real's ability to choke away a lead.

real don't choke away leads. the reason we've won more than them is simply by overpowering them to the trophies. real have a champions' mentality, like us (or used to be us lol).

slvtn

Well, against Paris, we're usually pretty good in Camp Nou. But this time we're going to lose this as well. As good as MSN is, it's not effective as long as we don't have a working defense and a working midfield. PSG could get through with the easiest effort. And I really don't understand why Andre Gomes is playing every single game.
As I said sometimes before: we don't need to win titles this season, but we must sort out all these problems.

Last edited:

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
When you're used to so many highs...the lows hit you hard. I haven't felt this low about a result since the Bayern tie in 2013.

LMessi85

Actually, when looking at previous months, it wasn't that hard to be good against our Barca. Just press high and train condition. That's what PSG probably did.
We used to be good at handling big pressure but yesterday we saw what happens when teams do that to us. We can't handle it no more as before. I'm getting really annoyed by pique and others like ter stegen who just pass the ball around in the back whilst we're suffering big pressure from the opponent. It's just waiting for trouble to strike.

That and we really need a new coach, preferably Koeman or Pep. Not sure if pep ever would return to us. We need to really invest in defence and maybe try to get Thiago back or somebody with huge potential on the midfield.

JerseyAddict

I'm getting really annoyed by pique and others like ter stegen who just pass the ball around in the back whilst we're suffering big pressure from the opponent. It's just waiting for trouble to strike.

I think that is something Lucho told them to do... some of his " coaching skills".

Potroh

this season is fast becoming a nightmare

Little over a year ago when Barca beat RM 4:0 in their home (even without Messi) they at least had the courage to fire their coach mid-season.
Alas, that would be the only long-term solution for this team as well...

jairzinho

A result like this is totally unacceptable at this club. Had this occurred at another place in the Spanish capital, he would have been summarily dismissed and learnt from it in the news. Lucho's cycle has come to an end and hopefully the club begins to look at an early replacement to make the process easier in the summer. Sadly, the writing has been on the wall for quite some time. It's a shame we all had to deal with this embarrassment.

Home of Barca Fans