CL | Round of 16 - 1st Leg: PSG - FC Barcelona 4-0

Vilarrubi

*Things I learned from tonight:

- Never seen Leo show so little heart.
- Rakitic must feel like leaving. How the FUCK could Enrique select Gomes ahead of him? He offers absolutely fucking nothing.

*Things I knew before tonight:

- Gomes will never be good enough for us.
- Roberto will never be a RB. Enrique takes ALL the blame for not solving RB in the Summer. WE ALL KNEW it was never going to work. Now we're paying for it. Draxler put Sergi into his coffin.
- Luis Enrique is a fucking idiot. (In case you needed reminding)
- Our midfield is TOO slow physically when we are countered against. (Iniesta/Busquets jogging for the 4th goal)
- Suarez is dog shit when he's not scoring/assisting because he offers fuck all else other than brainless running.
- Umtiti/Pique still haven't clicked as a partnership. One is ultra aggressive while the other stands off way too much.
- We were ALWAYS going to get smashed by a proper team considering we've been piss poor for months, and we all knew it. It's fine winning 0-6 against Alaves, and even getting a draw against a Real Madrid team that was WAY off form also, but when you face a team full of energy with a manager likewise, and we turn up like we're still asleep in the hotel, thats what happens.
- We weren't going to win the CL, and we're now OUT of it IMO. We won't stop them scoring at home. PS - If magically we DO get through, I don't want to see how badly we'll get smashed by the next team.
- Emery is a great manager who deserves more credit.
- Verratti would be an incredible addition to our midfield. Brilliant player.
- Busquets spends too much time fucking moaning at referees over nothing tackles instead of playing football. Other players in our team likewise. Man the fuck up.

I thought we'd lose tonight but have hope in the 2nd leg, but we're so miles off right now, that's it for me, done and dusted with the CL for this year.

Agree with every point.. took the words out of my mind. Great post.

Barcilliant

- Rakitic must feel like leaving. How the FUCK could Enrique select Gomes ahead of him? He offers absolutely fucking nothing.

- Roberto will never be a RB. Enrique takes ALL the blame for not solving RB in the Summer. WE ALL KNEW it was never going to work. Now we're paying for it. Draxler put Sergi into his coffin.
- Our midfield is TOO slow physically when we are countered against. (Iniesta/Busquets jogging for the 4th goal)
- Suarez is dog shit when he's not scoring/assisting because he offers fuck all else other than brainless running.
- Umtiti/Pique still haven't clicked as a partnership. One is ultra aggressive while the other stands off way too much.
- We were ALWAYS going to get smashed by a proper team considering we've been piss poor for months, and we all knew it. It's fine winning 0-6 against Alaves, and even getting a draw against a Real Madrid team that was WAY off form also, but when you face a team full of energy with a manager likewise, and we turn up like we're still asleep in the hotel, thats what happens.
- We weren't going to win the CL, and we're now OUT of it IMO. We won't stop them scoring at home. PS - If magically we DO get through, I don't want to see how badly we'll get smashed by the next team.
- Busquets spends too much time fucking moaning at referees over nothing tackles instead of playing football. Other players in our team likewise. Man the fuck up.

I thought we'd lose tonight but have hope in the 2nd leg, but we're so miles off right now, that's it for me, done and dusted with the CL for this year.

Well said

Cool

Pretty much what I want to say right now. Plus, I feel like the players much like us the fans have lost their trust in Lucho.

gatsu

Thanx lucho, been a great treble season.

Actually this trepple was the worst thing to happen for Barca knowing that we achieved this result thanks to the players alone.

Of course Barca always revive, but this is going to take a very long time, this the first time a coach denied all of our indenting, lucho caused too much destruction.

Kikan

Barca have been terrible for most of this season ,so this was no shock for me . Aside from umtiti their transfer have been a disaster this season from Arda to comez to Alexie Vidal .

I would say that beside Neymar . Messi. Suarez , umtiti the rest of the team have been average or below average the entire season . Terrible management

Altomonte

PSG played well. Just saw statistic: they were running 10km more than Barça as a team. Busquets and Iniesta could not hold midfield. Iniesta was tired after 60 minutes. Rakitic and Neymar were trying hardest and Messi had a few good passes in last 30 minutes - but not good enough. Gomes, Neymar and Umtiti had our only chances to score. Result was fair although we deserved a goal.

MagIX

Honestly, to be ashamed...
we have been ridiculed, they have highlighted all our problems. Tactically we are an amateur team
What a coach

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Congrats to PSG fans, I hope you keep fighting like this against other opponents. You deserved the win today, totally.

Ronaldinh0

This result is a blessing in disguise.
Enrique OUT
Gomes OUT

They need to bring in a coach who adjusts to the opponent and has a defined philosophy. Enrique possesses neither. The fact that Rakitic did not start was absolutely mental.
Gomes was yet again absolutely terrible, if someone can cut a 'highlights' video for him in this match it would be a perfect piece of evidence on why he does not belong to this club.
The amount of times he gave the ball away (XAVI come back), the amount of times he stood back as the left back or winger was winding up a cross into the box, the amount of time he chases the ball when pressing instead of covering the passing lanes, the amount of times he slowed the ball down only for PSG to reset their on field positions, the amount of times he has the opportunity to quickly release a team-mate and decides not to is staggering.

PSG absolutely deserved this result, they were superb.

Richard.H

pep-3.gif

eaman

This is no excuse for the performance and result but I do think the tough midweek games against sociedad and atletico and having no rest midweek for over a month hasn't helped.remember neymar missed the second leg against atletico and he looked the freshest. Also iniesta and busquets are just back from injury and that was their first start. Also Messi needs to be coming off the pitch after his goal against alaves. He has got to rest more. Please get verratti and if that's not possible get rabiot

This is no excuse for the performance and result but I do think the tough midweek games against sociedad and atletico and having no rest midweek for over a month hasn't helped.remember neymar missed the second leg against atletico and he looked the freshest. Also iniesta and busquets are just back from injury and that was their first start. Also Messi needs to be coming off the pitch after his goal against alaves. He has got to rest more. Please get verratti and if that's not possible get rabiot

Won't matter if we get them as long as we have cluless Enrique they won't help much :lucho:

Flavius

Is anyone still hoping for a comeback? I think this one must go to Guiness UCL Books if happens... I think they played a lot more worst than 4-0 lose to Bayern in 2013. It could be the worst display in last 10 years for Barca...

Home of Barca Fans