CL | Round 5: PSV - Barca 1-2

Porque

I hope we'll see messi in false 9 position with dembele and or malcom on wings from the start. At least one, come on ev

This for me is the way to go. Messi gives no defensive coverage on the wing, meaning that the right midfielder is going to be covering that space which looks like it could be an unfit Rakitic. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Lozano is a good player to expose this and in Eredivisie PSV are above Ajax (13 wins in 13!). They just haven't got it together in the CL this season.

With no Suarez I would prefer Messi as false 9 with limited off the ball duties (who am I kidding, it's Messi) and Dembele on the AMR with duties to track back. Then after 60-70 minutes bring on Malcom to continue this duty.

And of course there is no reason to risk Rakitic. Especially with our current injury woes. Our last game is at home so we still have a get-out clause if things do not go to plan tonight. Tonight is a night to think long term.

Kul_z

The same exact comment since the beggining of the season, some of yall need to wake up.

Nope. Circumstances, suarez is out. Why would i want munir with messi in 442 when there is obvious chance to put dembele/malcom from the start to get some entartaining pace? Mid of busi rakitic arthur and vidal, with messi and munir upfront is way to go? I hope not my friend. Coutinho and rakitic just 'returned', suarez injured. Thats actually three starting spots available and i'd like to see mid of busi vidal arthur, dembele messi malcom upfront against mighty psv. Later on sub malcom for coutinho, and some of those three from mid for rakitic. Just saying

This for me is the way to go. Messi gives no defensive coverage on the wing, meaning that the right midfielder is going to be covering that space which looks like it could be an unfit Rakitic. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Lozano is a good player to expose this and in Eredivisie PSV are above Ajax (13 wins in 13!). They just haven't got it together in the CL this season.

With no Suarez I would prefer Messi as false 9 with limited off the ball duties (who am I kidding, it's Messi) and Dembele on the AMR with duties to track back. Then after 60-70 minutes bring on Malcom to continue this duty.

And of course there is no reason to risk Rakitic. Especially with our current injury woes. Our last game is at home so we still have a get-out clause if things do not go to plan tonight. Tonight is a night to think long term.

My thoughts pretty much. Except i'd like too see dembele and malcom with messi from the start, or maybe for half an hour in second half. I dont understand why people are so against that. Its not like in 433 that malcom and dembele wouldnt have defensive duty's, and that messi just cant play false 9 anymore. Its an option for entertainment and possible good game from us.

shadows

Rakitic is fit haha. He is limping a bit in yesterdays Instagram video when they arrived to Eindhoven. Why the heck would they risk him today? We made it through, that's all what matters. Makes no sense to risk him. Valverdes man management is garbage.

well..if Rakitic is anywhere close to being able to move, you know Valverde is gonna play him for the full 90 .. and tire him out by feb or so.. what do you mean by risks?? dont like to experiment :valverde2:

Porque

My thoughts pretty much. Except i'd like too see dembele and malcom with messi from the start, or maybe for half an hour in second half. I dont understand why people are so against that. Its not like in 433 that malcom and dembele wouldnt have defensive duty's, and that messi just cant play false 9 anymore. Its an option for entertainment and possible good game from us✌

I would not be opposed to that option either. I was just considering that Coutinho is likely to start.

Kul_z

I would not be opposed to that option either. I was just considering that Coutinho is likely to start.
If he is 100% fit, then yes on coutinho. But if not, get him in after 60 minutes, if the result is positive maybe even for messi. Rest him as much as we can, and to get coutinho in that messi role more and more often. Just dont want stupid decisions and getting players overrun if there are alternatives

henias

We are actually playing good football in CL so far this season.

Let me get this straight: If u are referring to a good period of football which consists of matches against, Inter, Tottenham, Sevilla and Madrid. If 2 CL matches, 2 of them are La liga games, is enough you to convince we are good in the CL and for the rest of the season, then I think people wont choose to be that naive.

U forgot after that short 4 games we were back to shit, and has been the same since the start of the season. You forgot, we drew with Inter, struggled against Rayo, lost against Betis and another draw against ATM.

Yea we had a good short period, but it wont convince me that we will be good for the rest of the CL or season.

Vilarrubi

Expecting a poor display maybe a 1-0 to us or 1-1.. predicted 3-0 in the predictor but can’t see it. Hope I’m wrong

clemente

Nope. Circumstances, suarez is out. Why would i want munir with messi in 442 when there is obvious chance to put dembele/malcom from the start to get some entartaining pace? Mid of busi rakitic arthur and vidal, with messi and munir upfront is way to go? I hope not my friend. Coutinho and rakitic just 'returned', suarez injured. Thats actually three starting spots available and i'd like to see mid of busi vidal arthur, dembele messi malcom upfront against mighty psv. Later on sub malcom for coutinho, and some of those three from mid for rakitic. Just saying

I'm not arguing what's the right lineup, I'm saying EV would never try a lineup that doesn't have 5 players in midfield

Andresito

Staff member
[tw]1067796777049432065[/tw]

Cope thinks this might be the Lineup.

I'd very much like to see that front three. Curious to see Messi with a winger on either side of him.

Not a huge fan of Rakitic returning to the lineup straight away.
Lenglet probably won't play until something happens to Piqué and Umtiti.

FinBarcelonafan

Meaningless game and we risk Rakitic. That's just great. Coutinho is fit as well? What is Valverde doing?

Cant go back on that promise to play him 90 minutes every matches.
He would rather play him in a wheelchair rather than play Aleña or Vidal.

Exactly. This is madness. Just give Alena minutes!

FCBfan22

The midfield should be Alena-Busi-Vidal, if Cou plays in LW, but it's Valverde who we are dealing with, so he would rather start wheelchaired Rakitic than Alena.

xXKonan

I guess the main reason Rakitic is starting is that Arthur is out and he's afraid of giving up control in the middle and sees Rakitic as a controlling influence in the center of the field even if you're risking him getting another injury.

Or it could be Just Valverde being Valverde, and he has to start him even if he runs the risk of reinjuring him.

Home of Barca Fans