CL | Round 4: Inter - Barca 1-1

Centauri B

Thats as good of a Champions League game you can play away from home without actually winning. Another day and it would of been 3 goals.

All this (and again I say it) without Messi. The squad is extremely strong this year.

I agree.

Especially the first half. In that first half I think we played our best football of the season so far (and possibly beyond) It was a masterclass in how to utterly dominate a strong opponent on their own patch. Put Messi in that first half, and Inter would get annihilated.

On the minus side, Suarez's finishing remains as erratic as ever and some of the final-ball decision-making left something to be desired. Also, the goal we conceded was embarrassing.

coke

I am impressed by the way we play this days- appears like Arthur has a massive cobtributiob on that

EdmondDantes

I am impressed by the way we play this days- appears like Arthur has a massive cobtributiob on that

I thought Arthur was our best midfielder today. Amazing through ball to Suarez in the first half, a goal saving block in the second...his pressing and defensive side of his game impressed me a lot.

Co0ter

Hard to label this as a bad game considering we were dominant most of the game but honestly it was beyond frustrating. Every single good opportunity we had resulted in Coutinho and Suarez, Rakitic too to a lesser extent, being selfish and shooting over and over again while ignoring clear passing opportunities. Could of had 3-4 goals if Coutinho and Suarez didnt shoot like 20 times while in bad positions instead of making the clear pass. Dembele needs to improve but you cant blame him when he was ignored several times and players opted to shoot into Inter players instead.

Joan

A very good match, enjoyable throughout. We even contained them well. Tons of solid goalscoring opportunities. Very unlucky altogether.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Overall we played OK, but man our defense always fucked up and let us down. Why are we so clumsy....

we created a shitton of chances many of which Suarez, Coutinho and Raki should have buried. We let Inter create only one-two real chances all game and they scored once. Like I said, on a good day, this is a convincing 1-3 win. Besides, having a draw away from home in CL is not a bad thing too.

Centauri B

Hard to label this as a bad game considering we were dominant most of the game but honestly it was beyond frustrating. Every single good opportunity we had resulted in Coutinho and Suarez, Rakitic too to a lesser extent, being selfish and shooting over and over again while ignoring clear passing opportunities. Could of had 3-4 goals if Coutinho and Suarez didnt shoot like 20 times while in bad positions instead of making the clear pass. Dembele needs to improve but you cant blame him when he was ignored several times and players opted to shoot into Inter players instead.

This.

The only reason we did not take Inter to the cleaners' tonight. There were like a dozen of these instances in this game. Also, very poor finishing.

But the reason I am not too bothered, is twofold:

a) GOAT is coming back.

b) If this was a KO game, and not a GS one, this selfishness would not have characterized us.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Think we played well in context of usual shit football undrr Valverde and having in mind we missed Messi. Props to midfield.

Valverde keeps making bad calls with subbing Arthur while keeping dead Rakitic.

"Credit" for Malcom sub though. To put a player in at San Siro after he practically played not one serious match and succeed with it must be coined as a new word carrying Valverde's name.

In the end, not a bad match.

FCBfan22

So, if we win against Tottenham, we have 1st place locked, unless Inter wins by 6 or so in the last round against them.

eaman

Very good performance bar the finishing. Messi might have guaranteed the balon dor if he had played in those 3 recent big games with the way we played. Tonight though so many good performances especially from alba coutinho busquets and arthur. I just love busquets swivel and quick no look pass that he plays so well so often. Did it a few times in this game. Great awareness of who's around him

Devils

We had too many chances in that first half that we missed.

Should have won the game but it was not to be. Doesn't matter now anyways.

EdmondDantes

Just popped around ForzaInter and came across a post that summed up the match pretty well, from their perspective, no less:

"These two games showed that Barcelona (and likely another handful of teams around Europe) are still way above our punching class. We couldn't do anything tonight because their players bossed the midfield, forcing ours to chase the ball for 90 minutes. Also, their pressing suffocated whatever little chances to counter-attack we had.
In light of that, the draw is the best result we could realistically expect."

Home of Barca Fans