CL | Round 2: Tottenham - Barca 2-4

eaman

no walking today by Messi!

Don't think there was much difference from any other game really. People just give out when we lose and see him walking for large parts. He was walking for large parts tonight and pressing at times just like every other game

eaman

Good game but Tottenham took the game to us. Maybe that was EV's master plan. Play poorly before the game so the opposition thinks we are there for the taking and open up. Attack looked a lot better. Messi was exceptional and midfield actually looked like a midfield for a change. Unfortunately, the defense still looks suspect. Needs to be fixed asap.

Spurs only started taking the game to us in the last half hour and that had alot to do with valverde not making substitutions. Before that there passing was pretty bad and ours was very good. Also semedo can't be diving in like that on Kane and langlet was good all night except for their second

Cule4life

The Culest
Don't think there was much difference from any other game really. People just give out when we lose and see him walking for large parts. He was walking for large parts tonight and pressing at times just like every other game

Can somebody post stats on how much Messi ran today compared to his average. Would show the truth

eaman

Checking UEFA stats he had 6800 before this game, and 16000 now, so he almost ran 10000 this match.
2-3000 more than his avarage games.

Shit I'm wrong if that's right. Hope he's ok for the weekend. Don't think he should be doing that every game

gasgas

10 games a season of extra running should be enough to give him a ballon dor and a top spot in gasgas' top ten list.

SeloBarca

Shit I'm wrong if that's right. Hope he's ok for the weekend. Don't think he should be doing that every game

Well, theres a differance beteen running and running.
It always easier to run if the team is playing well and your having a good time then having to chase while team plays like crap.
Its a team effort to make everyone run more.

raskolnikov

First time I saw Messi live was vs Copenhagen. He scored twice including a sick distance shot but I was amazed at how little he runs compared to how it was visible on tv. And take in mind this was prime goat messi in 2011.
He doesnt need to run like Pedro for the sake of it. Like today was perfect. Be that Messi in important cl matches and classico’s/finals and he can do his walk/burst routine for 95% of the matches.
Its a myth he ran more just seemed that way because of tiki taka.

Horatio

You're welcome

Although I agree that sometimes the walking criticism seems exaggerated, he has shown to press far more in some CL matches. In Spain he usually plays this intense in the Clasico, against Atletico and Copa finals.

DonBHQZXgAcBWLL.jpg

Home of Barca Fans