CL Round 2: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 2-0

ebc_99

Great game by the team, they have made huge progress in such a short space of time, can't wait for the Inter games now.

Horatio

You're welcome
The only thing that bothers me is that we made Mazraoui look good. He is solid... but should not look THIS good.

tacticvarium

Would have been better if we still had Aubameyang as a sub.
Barca has been shit for the recent years and it looks like we are finally making progress.

topt

Bayern will only get worse as time goes by while Barca improves it's the way it works. Any club can get some superstar and stop that but Bayern wasn't that scary today. Barca was tense as hell on the road. It was a huge game for Barca but just a normal big game for Bayern and that is exactly why Bayern won. They are seasoned.

based on what will bayern get worse ?

Yannik

Also how many German teams do you support? I swear I remember you saying you were a Hannover fan, but I have also seen you root relentlessly for both Dortmund and Bayern? :lol:

didn't you ask that question before? I root for German teams internationally. I feel like I should include this in my signature proactively considered how often it is being asked.

Don't know what bad event happened to you IRL but hope you sort everything out.

uhh.. thanks?

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah I pointed out in chat during half time, if this is Bayern at the end of a cycle....then we might have an issue in a few seasons.

Messi983

Doing Birdy's job with stats here. :lol:

Fck-Gp2ha-QAAh-QQ0-thumb-jpg-8fb692a9d82081d3bad795a6da1d82dc.jpg

Slevinn

Bit frustrated that we didn?t take any points from this game but it does feel good seeing us actually compete and even dominate in these games.
Last year I felt nothing after the games vs Bayern and that?s way worse.

Masetro10

based on what will bayern get worse ?

Because the hardest thing to replace in football is goals. Mane is 30 and declining. Muller is 33 and the heart and soul of the team for years. Bayern are also mostly in their prime right now. Most the players are in the mid to late 20's. Their window is right now but they don't have a good enough striker and it will cost them. That team today at Bayern is primed and ready except at forward. Let's see who they get to replace but it isn't easy. 2 or 3 years from now Bayern will be in a rebuild, unless like I said earlier they get lucky and sign a superstar.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
didn't you ask that question before? I root for German teams internationally. I feel like I should include this in my signature proactively considered how often it is being asked.

uhh.. thanks?

Don't think I have tbh, and I didn't even say the second thing wtf.

Horatio

You're welcome
how is Bayern at the end of the cycle ?
26.8 Average Age 26.3 starting 11

Someone said they were at end of cycle. I as response said if they are that it would be very bad. Cause still pretty good to be playing like that for a team that is at end of cycle. But you guys are in rebuild phase no? So I guess at start of new cycle. Anyway, point stands that even though we played well first half, as we improve coming time so will likely Bayern.

Last edited:

topt

Because the hardest thing to replace in football is goals. Mane is 30 and declining. Muller is 33 and the heart and soul of the team for years. Bayern are also mostly in their prime right now. Most the players are in the mid to late 20's. Their window is right now but they don't have a good enough striker and it will cost them. That team today at Bayern is primed and ready except at forward. Let's see who they get to replace but it isn't easy. 2 or 3 years from now Bayern will be in a rebuild, unless like I said earlier they get lucky and sign a superstar.

so based on this Barca will also get in to decline since Lewa is 34

Masetro10

how is Bayern at the end of the cycle ?
26.8 Average Age 26.3 starting 11

Average age sounds good until you look at the teams forwards. 33, 30, 27. And yes I realize Lewa is up there in age too. Hardest thing to do is replace a #9. Real Madrid will find out very soon with Benzema as well.

Home of Barca Fans