CL Round 2: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 2-0

Horatio

You're welcome
Only thing I want is for Lewa to man up and praise team and tell them he @(#*ed up some good chances. If he does we can truly grow from this experience.

Nello

Have to say that none of them were clear cut, always under pressure and from awkward positions, but i was hoping he would rise his level and score something impossible. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Pedri is more at fault here for not converting really clear cut chances although at least we can commend him for getting them by clever movement and interplays.
If Lewy continues his inability to score in key matches thought then he will certainly drop out of my all time top 10 strikers list as elegant as he may be against bottom feeders.

Lewa had the biggest chance of the game served on a platter and messed it up because of a poor touch. Pedri missed two huge chances aswell, but was really unlucky hitting the post on the second. He largely created it himself aswell, created another golden opportunity for Lewa and was in general awesome on the ball in the first half, getting us out of tricky situations in the build up several times.

topt

reading comments about Lewa, he has ALWAYS missed this kind of chances, he is not a good finisher at all, he has fantastic offensive awareness that is what makes him great.

diDi7

A true game of 2 halves, hopefully we can take our chances at the Camp nou.

It's also about momentum in a match. Imagine Barca scoring their good chances in the first half and Bayern are on the back foot immediately. Luckily for us it didn't happen and in the second half an early goal changed the momentum again.

Based purely on play, Barca looked like the team that was going to win. I honestly expected at least one or two chances to go in. If anything I'm fearful Nagelsmann lets this result go to his head and doesn't reflect upon the actual performance as a whole. It won't end like this 9 times out of 10.

Asylum15

Fuck any haters in here.

Having seen my team be trash for 4+ years, I am so fucking proud of our display tonight.
We were better in every regard of that match for the vast majority of it, in their stadium.

We can't expect our first proper season with a proper squad in years to be all positives, we needed that to bring us back to earth.
I really believe we'll beat them in the Nou Camp with a big crowd, Lewa can't be as unlucky as he was tonight.

Congrats to Bayern as they won either way but we were the better team and that's such a phenomenal sign of progress.
It wasn't long ago we had to watch Alba, Pique, Rakitic, Suarez, Vidal and Lenglet running around mindlessly and folding under any pressure.

We have some incredible young players and a very promising young coach.
Yes, some of his key decisions piss me off (Busquets still starting) but in Xavi we trust!

I go to bed a happy man tonight!
More to come!

Gnidrologist

Lewa had the biggest chance of the game served on a platter and messed it up because of a poor touch.
He had to control the ball in mid air, while being chased by ongoing defender. Certainly not as clear cut as Pedris, even though Pedri gets the praise for creating these chances for himself.

Yannik

as smug as i may sound, this was Barca at their recent best Bayern at their recent worst. The best chance you had in a decade, and in fact you outplayed them fairly and should've won, but it wasn't enough. It may just not meant to be.

Masetro10

as smug as i may sound, this was Barca at their recent best Bayern at their recent worst. The best chance you had in a decade, and in fact you outplayed them fairly and should've won, but it wasn't enough. It may just not meant to be.

Bayern will only get worse as time goes by while Barca improves it's the way it works. Any club can get some superstar and stop that but Bayern wasn't that scary today. Barca was tense as hell on the road. It was a huge game for Barca but just a normal big game for Bayern and that is exactly why Bayern won. They are seasoned.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Watched intentively up until 2-0 and feeling is it's undeserved. We were a better team in 1s half.

1st goal we were let down by Steven the Coward as he again failed to dominate 5m box.

Feeling a bit bitter but content with some positive stuff to take. Most importantly we didn't play bad. We were let down by some mistakes.

Oh, and yeah. I tuned out the second Xavi decided to put fucking Ferret in as his first sub. How pathetic is that.

Masetro10

Should be proud of this game it feels just like that loss to RM in the SuperCup last year. We were close but lost. I expect a win at home now.

Lewa should have scored, Rafinha had good chances, Pedri. We were in the position to win. A corner and just not fouling Sane is what killed Barca. Individual mistakes not a team failure as before. Busquets also played pretty damn good and sure he needs to be replaced sooner than later but surprisingly he was not a weak link today. Alonso also played well probably better than Balde would have. We need more control in midfield for some stretches we dominated and other stretches we kind of played counter as Bayern controlled the game. Pedri and Gavi aren't really controllers in the middle. Anyways great loss. Not unhappy and we can build.

KingLeo10

Relax. Camp Nou game yet to be played. I fancy our chances based on tonight's display.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

This is Barca with several new players playing together for the fourth time in an official game this season. Also how many German teams do you support? I swear I remember you saying you were a Hannover fan, but I have also seen you root relentlessly for both Dortmund and Bayern? :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Relax. Camp Nou game yet to be played. I fancy our chances based on tonight's display.

This is Barca with several new players playing together for the fourth time in an official game this season. Also how many German teams do you support? I swear I remember you saying you were a Hannover fan, but I have also seen you root relentlessly for both Dortmund and Bayern? :lol:

be nice he is a good guy

Horatio

You're welcome

Don't know what bad event happened to you IRL but hope you sort everything out.

JamDav1982

Barca still have too many players not in peak years.

Pedri and Gavi were fantastic in way pressed and dominated their areas in firts half but they are both teenagers and wil struggle to keep that up for 90 mins. Add Busi to that who can barely run and it is difficult to keep a level for 90 mins in middle of park and thats where Barca should be dominating from.

That will come in time as Pedri/Gavi mature and get a proper DM in place that can move but there was a lot to like about the game as well.

Home of Barca Fans