CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

StarLord

Looks how dominant we have been in two-legged ties this season. We ARE the team to beat in such a tie.

I don't believe Bayern are even that strong in all honestly. They can dominate Shakhtar and Porto at home, so what?

I concede that you make a valid point on Bayern "merely" dominating Porto (a depleted one at that) and a 10-man Shaktar. But are you denying that they are a top level team? More or less as good as us and Real Madrid? Isn't it better that we play Juventus/Monaco/Atletico rather than Bayern? Surely that makes sense! Especially since we are still fighting tooth and nail with Real over La Liga!

City are not as weak as many make them out to be. Just re-watch their four games in the last two seasons. They made good accounts of themselves!

PSG looked poor against us, well, because they were playing against us! Over both legs against EPL Champions Chelsea (led by the "genius" Mou) they looked like Brazil circa 1982! Even with 10 men!

Devils

We have been dominate. But, no disrespect to City or PSG. Madrid and Bayern are a different animal than those two teams..

That's fine because we are a completely different beast compared to Shakhtar, Porto, Schalke and even Atletico.

Let's face it, we have been by far the best team in this competition and it isn't even close.

I would fancy us in a two-legged tie over anyone.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched a summary (sorry guys I watched Bayern mainly), and 1/ Barca did great. And didn't have to force their talents. 2/ Barca was great but damn PSG was weak. Curious to know how many times Pastore lost the ball, and his number of bad passes.

Man, PSG was so disappointing. All except Verratti looked pretty much lost. I really expected more from the Parisiens.

StarLord

This game epitomized the difference for us this season, you can try to hold down messi all you want. we have other ways of scoring and the other players will destroy you while you leave you're midfield bare guarding him.

100% valid statement!

It wont be Monaco, but Juventus, though. Chelsy from Italy, basically.

In all probability, yes. But are we certain of it yet? There are still 90mns to go! Juventus have been shaky away from home in Europe over the past few years, so who the hell knows?

Bertus

Man, PSG was so disappointing. All except Verratti looked pretty much lost. I really expected more from the Parisiens.

I expected nothing. I'm even sure Barca would have won 4-0 like I predicted if they played at 100% today.

The second half was like training.

And yeah, I said this PSG was weak for ages. I know this club well enough after all.

StarLord

We killed whatever shred of hope they had left within 14 minutes with a brilliant combination between Iniesta and Neymar. This is what great teams do! This is what Real Madrid did to Bayern last season as well.

The Parisians are great, it's just that we are even greater! If you want to see disappointing CL performances just re-watch Chelsea's efforts at the Last 16 stage, or Porto tonight, or Real Madrid versus Schalke at home!

dakt

Yeah, I don't think we are that much better. PSG was pure, pure shit today. I don't think they should make any plans with Ibra still in the team...Cavani also, but he's leaving for Atletico next season I guess.

mazp

That's fine because we are a completely different beast compared to Shakhtar, Porto, Schalke and even Atletico.

Let's face it, we have been by far the best team in this competition and it isn't even close.

I would love nothing more than to avenge the 7-0 loss to Bayern. But, realistically their getting some of their star players back, Pep knows Barca inside-out. They have a better midfield than us. It would be close.. Basically the team who makes the least mistakes, takes their chances, etc.. It would be a tight two legged tie.

Bertus

Yeah, I don't think we are that much better. PSG was pure, pure shit today. I don't think they should make any plans with Ibra still in the team...Cavani also, but he's leaving for Atletico next season I guess.

I wish.

But Nasser wants to keep him.

Foolish when you see how he performs.

A parisian journalist who was there when PSG was training even said that "cavani is unable to score even during training".

Really hope he will be sold.

Devils

I concede that you make a valid point on Bayern "merely" dominating Porto (a depleted one at that) and a 10-man Shaktar. But are you denying that they are a top level team? More or less as good as us and Real Madrid? Isn't it better that we play Juventus/Monaco/Atletico rather than Bayern? Surely that makes sense! Especially since we are still fighting tooth and nail with Real over La Liga!

City are not as weak as many make them out to be. Just re-watch their four games in the last two seasons. They made good accounts of themselves!

PSG looked poor against us, well, because they were playing against us! Over both legs against EPL Champions Chelsea (led by the "genius" Mou) they looked like Brazil circa 1982! Even with 10 men!

Would you fancy us beating Bayern over two legs in the semis or would you rather face them in a single match in the final in Germany? I guarantee you that if we don't draw Bayern and Juve/Monaco do then that team will likely put up a good performance in Turin/Monaco and then get blitzed at the Allianz. I however do not think that Barca would share the same fate given how awesome we have been away from home.

I'd take the two-legged Semi any day personally because I firmly believe we can take out the toughest opposition over two legs.

StarLord

Yes, we are the standout performers in this season's CL so far and easily so! We have also been the most successful (by a colossal margin) team in big games this season as well.

But like I said, Bayern have no league to worry about, we do! Juventus do not have a league to worry about as well. These things are important!

The team is also very tired (just look at Messi/Biscuits/Xavi today) after a harrowing run of games! We need some kind of break, not the strongest possible rival at every turn! Jesus!

StarLord

Would you fancy us beating Bayern over two legs in the semis or would you rather face them in a single match in the final in Germany? I guarantee you that if we don't draw Bayern and Juve/Monaco do then that team will likely put up a good performance in Turin/Monaco and then get blitzed at the Allianz. I however do not think that Barca would share the same fate given how awesome we have been away from home.

I'd take the two-legged Semi any day personally because I firmly believe we can take out the toughest opposition over two legs.

It's not that I am afraid of Bayern! The problem is that we have tough league games as well. We have to think about those too! Right after the 2nd leg of the CL semi, we have to visit the god damn Vicente Calderon! Imagine if we have to go to the Allianz Arena on a Wed night, and then play Simeone's butchers 3 days later! Thanks, but no thanks!

Eluryh

UAsnqC.png

MEGA
https://mega.co.nz/#!oQUFFKAa!kf0M1OhFl2e-lE7WqmrjrMDT7B2MKfC8IQvJ1X_731M

StarLord

Honestly now!

What does this team have to do for you to say: "hey, we are actually darn good, and even top notch teams such as PSG can't really handle us"?

I am not attacking you by the way, I am just interested in what you are expecting from this team.

Home of Barca Fans