CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

forcabarca

UEFA has ordered both teams to wear away kits in both games.

I was at the league game in January when both team wore their home kit. Didn't find it hard on the eye to distinguish between the two.

Thank God! It was really awful to watch them on TV.

Total-Football

do you guys think Lucho will start the typical 11 ( who started against RM) or there will be some surprises .. because frankly i dont see it unless a Sergio Roberto as RB instead of Alves

kollegah

If messi play as deep and slow as he played yesterday, we will hardly score against this freaks of athletico

do you guys think Lucho will start the typical 11 ( who started against RM) or there will be some surprises .. because frankly i dont see it unless a Sergio Roberto as RB instead of Alves

His main mistake was playing Messi in the middle rather than the right as he usually does. Hopefully he fixes that. I don't see any personnel changes in the starting XI (except Mats for Bravo ofc).

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Business end of the season now. The foreplay is over and now it's the main event.

The danger with long winning runs coming to an end is the chance of a slump. If this week is bad our season could be over.

A 2-0 scoreline would be nice but we are always prone to a lapse of concentration. Hopefully the loss will motivate the players

serghei

Season is not over in any case. We have great chances of making the domestic double regardless of the results vs Atletico and even Sociedad (a draw there would not be the end of the world). Next week might be decisive for CL only, not for the season as a whole.

Mido

Know it won't happen, but just in the extremely slight chance Lucho thinks about playing with 3 defenders à la Guardiola :

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-Roberto-0-Piqué-0-Mascherano-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Turan
0-0-0-0-Neymar-0-0
0-0-Suarez-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

+ Messi, Turan and Neymar could swap positions to confuse Atletico's defense. I don't think that Koke is that good on counter-attacks.

Turan could finally have the attacking freedom he requires.

That's just fantasy atm of course.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Why not let Atleti wear their home kit and have Barca wear the beautiful blue one?

Now we have to endure the fugly Senyera kit, one in which Barca has a pretty terrible record btw (Tata's season anyone?)

Mido

I just thought that this game could get very tricky if we don't score early considering the overwhelming playing schedule the players have had since january.

Turan was actually very convincing when he played laterally. The Spanish Cup game against Athletic Bilbao was a good example for instance. He combined very well with Rakitic.

My only concern is the team's level of fitness at the moment. Overwhelming them with powerplay and outnumbering them in some areas in their own half could be a good idea to save energy for the whole 90 minutes. It's very risky, but if you score early and don't do it for 90 minutes as Bayern did with Juventus, you could reap good rewards from it.

As I said, it's just wishful thinking atm, I just hope we'll bring the heat to them in the first half.

Mido

Why not let Atleti wear their home kit and have Barca wear the beautiful blue one?

Now we have to endure the fugly Senyera kit, one in which Barca has a pretty terrible record btw (Tata's season anyone?)

I fell very uncomfortable watching Barca in their yellow kit, I prefer blue by far.

barcanuck

The perfect revenge for a Madrid loss is to beat the best Madrid team at home convincingly.

Gala XI and Messi back on RW. Use all your subs this time Lucho. Bob, Arda, Vidal bam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans