CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

We will win. I'm almost sure. This team will bounce back. Expect a great performance from the team and 2-3 goals. Let's hope we don't concede. If we score and don't concede we make a big step for the semis.

vlad

from atletico, godin, carrasco and savic are fit to play, out is gimenez, oliver torres and thiago

serghei

Godin is pretty reckless with the fouling. He might be red carded. Depends on the ref. Let's hope it's not Martin Atkinson, Viktor Kassai, Craig Thompson (poor ref) or Johas Eriksson.

I wouldn't mind Felix Brych, Rizzoli, Cakir (he reffed us vs Arsenal, so slim chances) or Clattenburg.

vlad

Godin is pretty reckless with the fouling. He might be red carded. Depends on the ref. Let's hope it's not Martin Atkinson, Viktor Kassai, Thompson or Eriksson.

I wouldn't mind Felix Brych, Rizzoli, Cakir (he reffed us vs Arsenal, so slim chances) or Clattenburg.

he will be referee

serghei

The match is in a couple of days. Was announced on Friday I think.

I see. I thought the ref was announced something like a day before the game. Oddly, the refs for the wednesday games haven't been announced. Just out of curiosity, I checked the ref for Bayern - Benfica, and it's some Polish dude I never even heard of. Fitting.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I see. I thought the ref was announced something like a day before the game. Oddly, the refs for the wednesday games haven't been announced. Just out of curiosity, I checked the ref for Bayern - Benfica, and it's some Polish dude I never even heard of. Fitting.

Actually, my bad. Was announced today. So I guess the refs for Wednesday will be announced tomorrow.

Barcadub

UEFA has ordered both teams to wear away kits in both games.

I was at the league game in January when both team wore their home kit. Didn't find it hard on the eye to distinguish between the two.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting stats/theory when Barca, Athletico,Real met any of the other two among them in UCL knockouts

* Barca met Real 4 times in Europeans knockouts 1959-60, 2001-02 which they won the tie and Ucl cups. In 2010-11 Barca won it and in 1960-61 Barca defeated real in semis and lost final to benfica
* Athletico met Real 3 times in UCL knockouts 1958-59, 2013-14 which Real won and in 2014-15 real won the tie but Barca won the UCL
*Barca met athletico in 2013-14 in which Athletico won the tie and Real won the trophy

Barca will meet Athletico again this year if theory works, this time also there will spanish champions mostly. Hopefully its Barca

Welcome mate!

Yeah, good chance Primera team will win it. Even Real if they play like they did yesterday are in with a solid chance as they are practically in semis already with their customary easy draw.

F

Flavia

UEFA has ordered both teams to wear away kits in both games.

I was at the league game in January when both team wore their home kit. Didn't find it hard on the eye to distinguish between the two.
It was a bit confusing on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans