CL Quarter Finals: Roma - Barca (4-4 agg.)

FCBfan22

I just hope we go back to our solid 442. Been playing it whole season and now it is supposed to change.
If Dembele is to play, he musn't be that lazy again.

I just hope that Paulinho doesn't play in the 433. We can sort the other things out. Anyway, I would go with:

Home leg:
----------------Ter Stegen------------------
Roberto------Pique--------Umtiti------Alba
-----------------Busquets-------------------
----------Rakitić------------Iniesta---------
Dembele----------Messi-------Suarez------

Away leg:
Semedo------Pique--------Umtiti------Alba
-----------Rakitić----Busquets--------------
Roberto------------------------------Iniesta
-------------Messi-------Suarez------------

Joan

I just hope that Paulinho doesn't play in the 433. We can sort the other things out. Anyway, I would go with:

Home leg:
Roberto------Pique--------Umtiti------Alba
-----------------Busquets-------------------
----------Rakitić------------Iniesta---------
Dembele----------Messi-------Suarez------

Away leg:
Semedo------Pique--------Umtiti------Alba
-----------Rakitić----Busquets--------------
Roberto------------------------------Iniesta
-------------Messi-------Suarez------------

If Paulinho plays, it should be behind the strikers. Hope he doesn't, though. Rest the guy.

I'd go with:

Home leg

-------- Messi - Suarez -------
Iniesta - Raki - Busq - Dembele
Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Semedo

442 :D

Had the same lineup in mind for the away leg. Really want to see that right side. Roberto can carry the ball and is good on counters.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Seems like both Nainggolan and Pellegrini will make it for them. Sadly, as I was hoping we wouldn’t have to see that fucking thug Nainggolan attempt to injure our players again. Cengiz Ünder is out.

Barcilliant

3:0. Roma are not match for the quality our squad possess. No one can stop Messi in their team.

This is pure over confidence. Roma drew away against Chelsea scoring three goals and beat them 3-0 at home. They actually performed better against Chelsea then we did. They scored three goals away from home and Chelsea were in better form at that time.

If we have an off night and our luck runs out (let's face it we've been very lucky this season) I can see us losing.

BarçaBarça

I hope that Dembele plays tomorrow - his speed would be an advantage, and we need to attack this game anyway.
Roma has made it this far, thus should be respected, but their way here doesn't indicate that they should be a threat - not at all actually.

A comfortable win is very likely, and with the solidity this team has shown, even a 2-0 lead is a sure advancement for us.

malvolio

A comfortable win is very likely

anything other than that will be considered a disappointment. la liga is finished, cup final tickets are booked, so now we have to step it up in the UCL. we are the best team in europe this season(results wise).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Valverde:
"Watching Roma's group games, it is not a surprise to see them at this stage of the competition," he said. "They topped a group with Atletico [Madrid] and Chelsea.

"Watching their league games, it's not a surprise, either. They're a great team and it will be tough to get through. I doubt that, at this stage of tournament, games will be decided in the first leg because of the level of the teams left. We know that one good performance will not be enough, we have to be good in both legs."

Alba:
"The sensations are better than when we won that treble," Alba said, speaking before his coach. "We know the quality we have in attack, but we have improved a lot in defence and the sensations are very good right now. "
"We know we have a great squad. If we are at our best, we can beat anyone, but we're not talking about the treble yet [in the dressing room]. Roma are a difficult team to face. People may think we're favourites, but they can create a lot of problems for us."

xXKonan

DZ35un7W0AIOaQb.jpg

Squad list.

No Vidal again.

Cebela

I know some people will tell me to not be cocky or overconfident but IF we beat them in the 1st leg at home 3-0 or even 4-0, we should rest some of our important players for the 2nd leg. Maybe 2 or 3 from Suarez, Alba, Sergi, Umtiti, Messi, Iniesta, Pique. We need to take advantage of the Roma game to rest players even if we can also rest players in Liga.

I'm just afraid that our team might get burned out and won't be fresh for the very important part of the season. We need our players to be fresh for the UCL Semifinal and Copa Final.

nobody will burn out..there only few matches left...max five in the champions, 3-4 in the league (depending on our and atleticos performance) and 1 in copa...against leganes we will rest few players, atletico wont win against real and we will have 11-12 points for 7 games...easy

Devils

Zero worries about this match.

Sevilla was a wake-up call. We should be fired up and be ready to fight for this title knowing we are so close to securing the domestic trophies.

Ronaldinho10

Guess that means Dembele will definitely start, expecting the same lineup vs Chelsea at Camp Nou.

And rightly so a good game of his could give us wonders. A fit busqts and messi will be key for this one roma's key players aren't fully fit aswell we need to secure a good resault.

Home of Barca Fans