CL final: BAYERN (Munich) - FC INTER (Milano)

F

FCB_Titi_LB

1491477_w2.jpg

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Any apologies for your assertion that Inter would fix this game because they are Italian-(ish)? :)

I still believe they were instrumental in influencing the UEFA to keep out Ribery from the final. Similar to the Frings incident in 2006 that weakened us a lot in the WC semis. And with Ribery on the pitch it would have been a different game as i pointed out.

Yesterdays match with the available players was however deservedly won by Inter, although you could really give that red card to Sneidjer for a foul that was very comparable to that of Ribery. But Webb was more forgiving towards all players, and much more than Rosetti in the Bayern-OL match was. Maybe b/c he wasnt officiating the final opponent of his homeland team in the other bracket and thus had no reason/motivation to weaken anyone for the future ...

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
In my opinion Inter won because they knew what to do. Bayern seems lost in every attack.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I still believe they were instrumental in influencing the UEFA to keep out Ribery from the final. Similar to the Frings incident in 2006 that weakened us a lot in the WC semis. And with Ribery on the pitch it would have been a different game as i pointed out.

inter had nothing to do with that.

uefa ONLY accept appeals on grounds of mistaken identity. otherwise no matter how convincing your case, you're shafted. I mean last year anelka tripped over his feet and fletcher cleared the ball brilliantly, yet both abidal and fletch were given reds whose appeals were turned down.

Haters stand up. Ask Mourinho what role Eto'o played. Did you hear what he said at the press conference?

"...the important thing is that Inter keep hold of Massimo Moratti, Javier Zanetti and Samuel Eto'o."

the reason mourinho said that is because he wants to sign milito and maicon for reial madrid. so by placing emphasis on those two in public, he makes it easier to try and pilfer milito and maicon, because he creates a public perception that those two players were the most important whereas maicon and milito are discardable.

The problem with these forum is that most of people here have no experience in football. Just spectators.

Why don't you go to the 'Women' thread and make up a story about hooking up with some odd girl?

true.

and fucking hell, nailed on. :lol: what a champion sentence.

Guardian

Inter deserved to win this one. Not happy of it of course, but they defeated the current champions of Spain, England and Germany. I'm not big fan of their defensive, counter-attack style of football, but there are players that I admire like Milito (who has had his best season so far). Maurinho took the best of Cambiasso, revived the career of Motta, we saw the renaissance of Sneijder, the second consecutive CL medal for Etoo, the loyal Zanetti (oh Maradona is such an idiot) finally took his fully deserved trophy, the adventurous Lucio and so on. Hopefully never see them again in the final though.
I should forget this final, looking forward to watching epic games in Africa this summer :)

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
How does Eto'o feel about his role actually? He does it on the pitch but is he happy to do that LB/RB thing?

Coming from being the deadly striker in an attacking team like Barcelona to Inter and have to do that ...

dalitis8

Banned
Inter were penetrated on quite a few occasions,but Bayern did not have the strikers to do the job,surely Inter are a robust team...but I think that their defensive prowess is somewhat exaggerated...

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Indeed, Inter defense was shit compared to that in Camp Nou. Bayern got a few chances (and some great ones as well like Robben or Muller) but didn't take them.

dalitis8

Banned
Indeed, Inter defense was shit compared to that in Camp Nou. Bayern got a few chances (and some great ones as well like Robben or Muller) but didn't take them.

At the Camp Nou,it was partly our fault as well..we did the exact same thing 35 times over,when we shot from distance our efforts were ludicrous.:cry:

And as soon as Inter got that red card,our team felt that they should score immediately and became even more panicky and impatient in their efforts...:cry::cry:

zanela

I thought majority of the calls went Inter's way. No surprises there if u see who was refereeing. Still, Bayern lacked speed, intent and finishing on the day. Robben looked like the only threat but he alone wasn't gonna make a difference. Bayern as a team were subpar. And dont even get me started on the chuckle bros..Massive fail! :thumbdown: (and here i was thinking of making a massive dedication to them both :lol:)

I've said this before, Sneijder's delivery from setpieces is probably one of the best in the game. Effective & on target most of the time.
Milito has been Inter's MVP along with the dutch this season. Such a prolific striker. But one who can also create and finish. Had he moved to a bigger club early in his career, he'd 've gotten better recognition which he rightfully deserves. Still, better late than never. But despite his gr8 season, i still think Gonzalo should start ahead of him in the WCs. For all his gr8 club stats, hes been a disappointment for his NT thus far.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Forget all the talk about Madrid, players moving around and so forth.

Inter Milan made history. Does anyone realize the magnitude of this? Half a century, a god damn half a century and Inter finally champions of Europe again. You choke once, twice, three times, but god damn, a club of this size has turned its fortunes around and it needed a personality like Mourinho. He really makes champions. It is a simple formula, and he does it so well.

I am so happy for Inter, for Moratti, for Mourinho, for all the players who have been discarded and labeled as chokers, for all those who believed in an underachieving club.

Julio Cesar is definitely top three goal keepers in the world, dare I say he is the best?
Maicon is a bit of a late bloomer and thanks to Mourinho is no longer a bit naive.
Lucio - LOL! How often has he been dismissed as a liability yet how often was he an integral part of a winning side?
Samuel - About time he is a champion. He will either make or break Argentina. The whole national squad will depend on him, just watch.
Chivu - Always thought he wasn't nearly as good as people made him out to be, thank god he didn't cost us the game. Very good player, dangerous defender. Though his commitment is terrific.
Cambiasso - The man behind the scenes, the engine, the heart of Inter Milan. The Knight and Shinning armor of Inter Milan. As ugly as he is, he is Inter's hero.
Zanetti - Bow to the legend.
Sniejder - Thanks to Mourinho, his commitment and go get attitude has been directed in the right direction. Mourinho could have given Holland their best player yet.
Pandev - Wondeful player, hard worker and just the type of a player you need on your team.
Eto'o - I salute you champion. I sincerely salute you. He sets an example. I am so proud that I have witnessed a player of his caliber and attributes.
Diego Milito - Hold on, pause. For 2 more minutes, absorb it all. Silver stalone personified a mythical champion. The perfect classic striker, a living testimony to what makes forwards a joy to watch. An example for every upcoming player. What Diego Milito gave me as a spectator was priceless. As a football fan for over 14 years, I longed for moment to see a striker like the ones I saw in the 90s. The precision, power, speed, patience, the confidence, hard work, skill, passion, and determination. I will always remember his season. Unlike most new strikers who are boring to watch, this guy is precious to the game.

Mourinho - How he turned the most offensive formation of 4 3 3 to defensive is beyond me :lol:

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Forget all the talk about Madrid, players moving around and so forth.

Inter Milan made history. Does anyone realize the magnitude of this? Half a century, a god damn half a century and Inter finally champions of Europe again. You choke once, twice, three times, but god damn, a club of this size has turned its fortunes around and it needed a personality like Mourinho. He really makes champions. It is a simple formula, and he does it so well.

I am so happy for Inter, for Moratti, for Mourinho, for all the players who have been discarded and labeled as chokers, for all those who believed in an underachieving club.

Julio Cesar is definitely top three goal keepers in the world, dare I say he is the best?
Maicon is a bit of a late bloomer and thanks to Mourinho is no longer a bit naive.
Lucio - LOL! How often has he been dismissed as a liability yet how often was he an integral part of a winning side?
Samuel - About time he is a champion. He will either make or break Argentina. The whole national squad will depend on him, just watch.
Chivu - Always thought he wasn't nearly as good as people made him out to be, thank god he didn't cost us the game. Very good player, dangerous defender. Though his commitment is terrific.
Cambiasso - The man behind the scenes, the engine, the heart of Inter Milan. The Knight and Shinning armor of Inter Milan. As ugly as he is, he is Inter's hero.
Zanetti - Bow to the legend.
Sniejder - Thanks to Mourinho, his commitment and go get attitude has been directed in the right direction. Mourinho could have given Holland their best player yet.
Pandev - Wondeful player, hard worker and just the type of a player you need on your team.
Eto'o - I salute you champion. I sincerely salute you. He sets an example. I am so proud that I have witnessed a player of his caliber and attributes.
Diego Milito - Hold on, pause. For 2 more minutes, absorb it all. Silver stalone personified a mythical champion. The perfect classic striker, a living testimony to what makes forwards a joy to watch. An example for every upcoming player. What Diego Milito gave me as a spectator was priceless. As a football fan for over 14 years, I longed for moment to see a striker like the ones I saw in the 90s. The precision, power, speed, patience, the confidence, hard work, skill, passion, and determination. I will always remember his season. Unlike most new strikers who are boring to watch, this guy is precious to the game.

Mourinho - How he turned the most offensive formation of 4 3 3 to defensive is beyond me :lol:

I feel happy for you. It clearly makes u happy. I also find it weird Madridistas always have a reason to celebrate. Even when they dont win anything, they seem to relate to other champions and or buying them.
Inter deserved it. They will be forgotten. Nobody cares. They will be trashed next year.

Home of Barca Fans