CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Lyon 5-1 agg.

serghei

How can we explain these horrible away games? YEAR AFTER YEAR? This is not bad luck. We are just bad.

Today was different than in the likes of Roma, Chelsea, Juventus, Atletico. We created quite a few good chances but failed to score. For example, we played better than vs Chelsea away, but ended up with a worse results.

CatalinR10

I am not a betting man so I don't know what the bookies say but from many commentators and fans we are clearly not among the favorites to win CL this year.

From the commentators I have seen our odds of winning the CL are behind City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juventus, on par with Bayern and PSG.

not really .

From the sites i saw so far we are 2nd after City , might have changed in the meantime , idk.

Gari

Valverde: "No, Suárez does not worry me. I would worry if he did not generate chances, but he always generates them. He is a constant headache for the opponent."

serghei

The real sad thing is we've come to fear a home game vs fecking Lyon, when in the past the only unknown factor was how many goals we'd score.

FCBfan22

Valverde: "No, Suárez does not worry me. I would worry if he did not generate chances, but he always generates them. He is a constant headache for the opponent."

:facepalm:

He BUTCHERS chances generated by mainly Leo and sometimes Dembele.

ronniecro

well guys we must be complete idiots then to think otherwise...

CatalinR10

One thing that i like , and surprised me , from this game is how good we were deffensively. Lost count on how many balls we recovered . If we were as good offensively , we would have won the game 5-0 easily.

serghei

One thing that i like , and surprised me , from this game is how good we were deffensively. Lost count on how many balls we recovered . If we were as good offensively , we would have won the game 5-0 easily.

Yea, back 4 were strong, and midfield worked. But the front 3 were all subpar, especially Suarez and Messi.

raskolnikov

:facepalm:

He BUTCHERS chances generated by mainly Leo and sometimes Dembele.
Not jist chances. Any attack basically. I think its fair to say Valverde has zero power in the dressingroom and is just a mandatory suit with cliche one liners for the press. I bet he just comes in and sits in the corner staring at the floor while the players prepare for a match.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Today was different than in the likes of Roma, Chelsea, Juventus, Atletico. We created quite a few good chances but failed to score. For example, we played better than vs Chelsea away, but ended up with a worse results.

Definitely not lacking efforts today which I give the teams kudos for. But in my opinion they were bit too careless in some of their attempts and they could have done much better.

eaman

Awful, just awful. Slow, no pressing, no creativity,extremely predictable, bad manager, Suarez totally gone.
We need a total overhaul with most of the seniors leaving.
This team has no business being in cl. Just crash out and focus on winning la liga. There is a realistic chance of that happening since competition is even worse.

We were not awful we were good bar the finishing. On another day we would have cruised it. Better than real are in alot of their lucky wins of the past. We never blew teams away away even under pep.

Home of Barca Fans