CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

Kuchi

Quite lucky to score..blunders from curtois and cesc..and even luckier not to concede..they hit the woodwork few times..

Still not impressed but glad for Dembele..hope coach of the year further builds his confidence and teaches him to defend and when not to risk it..

eaman

Great result but poor performance. Defended too deep and lost the ball too much. Good defending though but I don't want to see Barca playing like that again coz it makes me way too nervous. I have seen so many times a team scoring too early and the performance drops and hopefully it was that. Anyway great goals and assist from Messi and a nice finish from dembele

B-b-b-but Italian coaches are impossible to score against :lol:

B-b-b-but Chelsea have a great defense :lol:

B-b-b-but Chelsea aren't that bad :lol:

Glad we put the trash where it belongs.

Last edited:

Joan

I think we are underestimating Chelsea a lot here. They are a good team which plays great transition football, with Willian and Hazard in form...
Iniesta, Roberto injured, Busquets, Rakitić not on their best, Roberto horrorshow...

not bad, all things considered. And we are talking about current champions of PL, which did show up and played quite well.

Ritchie

Personally I said on here a lot going into the tie and before both legs that it'll take Messi to win it for us. Messi and the goal post has won us the tie which is nice revenge for 2012.

With injury and fitness problems to key players, and Coutinho unable to play in CL, we've done well to win it. It needed Messi's A game though.

FinBarcelonafan

We need some fresh legs to midfield, it's too obvious now. Any team with a fast offense will run over our midfield, like today Willian and Hazard. It was field day for them.

serghei

If Valverde didn't wise up. He did.

How did he wise up? Played largely the same as vs Atletico, except we leaked way more chances in defense. Messi made all 4 goals in those matches.

His tactics have been similar. Get the ball to Messi, hope he does something great, and keep it tight in defense putting two banks of 4 behind the ball, like an italian-style manager would do. We did the first part (well, sort of, since 2 goals were down to Chelsea errors), but we didn't keep it tight in defense.

So, even if the score is 3-0, the 1-0 vs Atletico is a superior performance. Valverde is very similar with Mourinho. Without the accomplishments and the bad attitude, but largely with the same way of seeing football. This is exactly how Mourinho would play with this Barca side. What you saw vs Chelsea and Atletico.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans