CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

malvolio

we played without a midfield in the second half. if in the first half we didn't control the game as we have should, the second half was a total disaster. those 2 cretins(gomes & paulinho) can't string two passes together between them.

Faceless

No more faces at night
I would blame the midfield more than the defense. Alba was good, Roberto however keeps getting skinned alive. This game is like we're playing chelsea/defense-counter tactics. I don't know whether to be happy or confused.

Barcilliant

Our defense played better than the midfield and attack. I can't remember any other team having much possession at camp nou.

Chelsea made alot of defensive errors and we capitalized on them. Efficient performance but not a good one. If we play like this against City we will be destroyed.

kattanib

We've played on the counter. There are things that stats don't capture when you play a counter strike tactics such as even if you don't hold possession and your opponent is more likely to shoot, the quality and danger of these attacks is incomparable ... The one playing on the counter will have more dangerous attacks on average.

Just like the claim of Barca not being able to win without Messi (which was debunked not so long ago you gold fishes), it's simply a game of tactics. Messi scored in the 2nd minute and EV decided to pull back and let Chelsea attack a bit so that we can expose their defense on the counter. There is no fixed solution, rather an underrated manager who has the flexibility to adjust as per what the situation requires .. which was Enrique's weakest attribute imo

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans