CL | 1/8: FC Barcelona - Arsenal 5-1 agg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Premfaces...
Why do we have to taint the forum with quotes from morons. That guy is either an idiot or mentally challenged.

barcafan161

CbmdgdoW8AAwdkb.jpg

:lol::lol::worthy:
He's clearly just looking for attention.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
A lot of Arsenal fans on Facebook are winding it up and using extreme sarcam, i hope this is one of that.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Hope we rip them a new one once and for all. Some of their fans are actually saying they only lost to us in 2011 because of the referee, which yeah was a bad decision but we were clearly the better side in both legs.

raskolnikov

Enough with the bragging and underestimating. Arsenal can definitely beat us. Make no mistake on a bad night with a weak start we could be facing an uphill battle.
Sure they are not favourites over two games but atleast give them some respect, they are no Roma or Gent.
Their fans are trolls though, just ignore them.

Catalan Fan

Fair enough, but I just look at our front 3 vs their defence... over 2 legs ?

Given that we will be focused and up for it, we should do them.I'd expect at least a score draw at Emirates, then finish it off at home.

Am reasonably confident.

SKS-

Wenger is obviously not mad enough to battle us for possession, but it will be interesting to see how deep he allows his team to sit and with what amount of pressure in different situations. One thing that is not brought up enough is the dynamic that Luis Suarez has brought to Barcelona. In years past, post Eto'o days, on some occasions teams could get away with packing their CB's tight and forcing us to beat them from the outside-in. It was pretty standard actually, especially the post-Pep days. With Suarez, thats no longer possible, his movement forces CB's to pick him up earlier than they would like to, and when you add in his unselfish nature to find teammates (ahem, Messi/Neymar), it makes our attack virtually unstoppable, especially for a team like Arsenal, who I wouldn't call a top defense.

For Arsenal to win or get a decent result, one of two things will need to happen.

1. They will need to get an early goal to allow their midfield to come behind the ball all while their forwards maintain the balance of tracking back and pushing tempo.

2. Their backline and Cech play the game of their absolute life.

Arsenal obviously have talent to execute the above (especially 1), but if none of the above happens, the match will go exactly like the game from the Etihad last year against Man City and Barcelona will leave with a win.

Truthist

Wenger is obviously not mad enough to battle us for possession, but it will be interesting to see how deep he allows his team to sit and with what amount of pressure in different situations. One thing that is not brought up enough is the dynamic that Luis Suarez has brought to Barcelona. In years past, post Eto'o days, on some occasions teams could get away with packing their CB's tight and forcing us to beat them from the outside-in. It was pretty standard actually, especially the post-Pep days. With Suarez, thats no longer possible, his movement forces CB's to pick him up earlier than they would like to, and when you add in his unselfish nature to find teammates (ahem, Messi/Neymar), it makes our attack virtually unstoppable, especially for a team like Arsenal, who I wouldn't call a top defense.

For Arsenal to win or get a decent result, one of two things will need to happen.

1. They will need to get an early goal to allow their midfield to come behind the ball all while their forwards maintain the balance of tracking back and pushing tempo.

2. Their backline and Cech play the game of their absolute life.

Arsenal obviously have talent to execute the above (especially 1), but if none of the above happens, the match will go exactly like the game from the Etihad last year against Man City and Barcelona will leave with a win.

They will play number 1 regardless and they surprised Bayern and won the game at the Emirates. Yes Bayern destroyed them at the Allianz arena but a 2-0 defeat in the knockout stages is a different kettle of fish.

I expect us to score but I'm worried about the speed of their team as we will play a high line regardless. They can hurt us with their speed and their aerial strength which makes them dangerous. I would like Mathieu to partner Pique in this game, we will lose Mascherano's leadership and tenacity but his glaring lack of height could hinder us.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
They're just a Poundland version of Real Madrid. Don't fear them at all. Know I will have great fun after we advance reading the reactions from all the stupid Arsenal fans on Twitter. I got some of the worst ones written down to make it even better. I'll bet some of them will go silent for a while.

Here's one if you didn't dislike Arsenal fans enough already....
[tw]700790802226749440[/tw]

Last edited:

ini4ever

we'll surely go for a win ( thanks god it's not pep, he always on away games goes for a tie and control the game to execute them in home ) but lucho have shown if he gets a chance to smash a team in their home he does it.
but maybe we get a loss too, my prediction is a 1-1 tie or lose/win with one goal difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans