CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

vlad

But in the end, considering how barca sucks and struggle on cl away matches, its great result and no reason for being dissapointed

Im very optimistic for 2nd match on camp nou

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
But in the end, considering how barca sucks and struggle on cl away matches, its great result and no reason for being dissapointed

Im very optimistic for 2nd match on camp nou

For me, there's no question Barcelona make it into the Semifinals against Liverpool. Only question is how tactically naive will Valverde be against them? First leg would be at Camp Nou, presumably to try and get a lead before going to Anfield.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think to advance we must score early and score plenty in the home leg next Tuesday. If Manchester United scores first then it will be really tacky. Can't let them score two goals.

Vilarrubi

There isn't a strategy EV is following that trades off playing well with higher chances of winning. We just happen to play very mediocre and at the same time be lucky enough to not lose.

Agree that this happens SOME of the time.. and I agree against United we were poor, but it doesn't apply all the time at all.

Some Barca fans have grown used to the idea that we should dominate nearly every game in a certain way like we did under Pep.. which isn't even true as [MENTION=21648]Centauri B[/MENTION] showed in his post we struggled under Pep away in the CL too.

Manu managed to create many chances anyway and we were lucky to not lose

This is simply not true, they didn't have a clear chance all game. The attacks that they did create were mainly down to our mistakes too like Busi giving the ball away etc not poor tactics by Valverde.

If we think of dominant teams in the history of football none of them were anywhere near perfect. We've lost what.... 4/5 times all season? By far the best team in Europe this season. You can talk about the way we play games and the tactics/style etc.. I agree it's poor at times and under a better manager i'm sure it would be more attractive. But how many times have teams played badly at times and still won in the end especially in CL (Chelsea 2012, Madrid playing poorly but getting lucky decisions or just crossing with no real tactics)

You're striving for something near impossible.

So you want beautiful football, which we do some of the time, not a lot in CL which is notoriously hard for ANY team.
You want results... which we already have.
Results in the big games. SO FAR this season we've beaten every big team we've played, Madrid multiple times etc

In a perfect world Valverde wins the treble, finishes at the end of this season on a high and we get a more attacking football style manager (I don't have a clue who) along with De Jong coming in.

Btw if we beat United and lose to Liverpool it more than likely will be because it's a true 50/50 CL Semi Final.. not because of poor tactics like the Roma episode, which Valverde should have been sacked after imo.

FinBarcelonafan

For me, there's no question Barcelona make it into the Semifinals against Liverpool. Only question is how tactically naive will Valverde be against them? First leg would be at Camp Nou, presumably to try and get a lead before going to Anfield.

We have to go all out. Anfield is going to be very painful experience.

Altomonte

who will be the referee on Tuesday? Although there have not been any blatant mistakes, the Italian referee never objected to ManU defenders trying to outmuscle Barça players, whenever they tried to receive the ball. Typical example Smalling's action when he injured Messi. He came from behind, put his body in front and pushed Messi back/down. No foul call by referee. In my opinion, Barça's low passing efficiency was caused by ManU's 'outmuscling strategy'. The only way to counter that strategy is to play very fast one-touch passing and Barça did that successfully the first 20 and the last 15 minutes. Valverde needs to drill his players to circulate the ball quickly. That requires a high level of concentration, only possible with well rested players.

PhilS

What worried me most about the first leg was Barca's problems advancing the ball into the offensive end. Maybe a different ref will help some, though the last guy was nowhere near as bad as a Premier League ref. A lot of the Barca passing was not as good as usual, but I expect Barca's composure and the Man U energy level to be more in our favor in Camp Nou.

1-0 after 15 minutes and 75 minutes of full control with an away victory.
what's the problem? Manu had 1 or 2 shots on target? basically inevitable

a boring game but deserved victory

jairzinho

I think the point being made by many is how easily rattled we seemed to be by Man Utd pressing and how difficult it was for us to counter effectively and advance into their area.

There were many nervous moments where they pegged us back and I thought they would score. But thank God they are so horrible in the final third and can’t shoot to save their lives.

Going forward , I would like to see us being a bit more dynamic and not so languid. Against a team with better front players, inviting pressure constantly and not being able to offer anything remotely close to a decent threat on the counter could be the end of us.

FinBarcelonafan

I think the point being made by many is how easily rattled we seemed to be by Man Utd pressing and how difficult it was for us to counter effectively and advance into their area.

There were many nervous moments where they pegged us back and I thought they would score. But thank God they are so horrible in the final third and can’t shoot to save their lives.

Going forward , I would like to see us being a bit more dynamic and not so languid. Against a team with better front players, inviting pressure constantly and not being able to offer anything remotely close to a decent threat on the counter could be the end of us.

Well said. Even team as good as Atletic9 couldn't handle Juventus pressure. We can't play like this vs great team. They would kill us 3-0 or more.b

Giginho75

Exactly...
Indeed who doesn't deserve anything are many users on this forum, just able to complain for everything.

FC B

They need a CL SF vs Bayern in 2015 at Camp Nou like of a performance to hope to get to the final given the return leg is on Anfield...

jairzinho

We dominated for 75 minutes?
What did you watch, 15 minute highlights on YouTube?
But anyway, i expect us to dominate them at the Camp Nou.

Home of Barca Fans