CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

Gari

Busquets: "I think Messi's nose is not broken but it is true that it has a big bruise, it has a wound, it has bled a lot."
Jordi Alba: "This season we are more attentive than ever because of what happened last year, today we played a very serious game."
Lukaku (Manchester United): "Comeback? Barça are not PSG, they have more experience... We have to be confident and go to the Camp Nou with passion and generate more chances."
Messi had trouble breathing during the match. He should miss the match vs. Huesca and will be back vs. United. (AS)
Messi's nose could be broken, tomorrow there will be tests. [gol]

Last edited:

Givenchy

thats what i was talking about. when your rough with messi , he does struggle. there was atleast 6 of them hurrying him. I don't think Messi will carve them open on his at all.

I think there's more chance of him assisting others to score hence the need for dembele's speed.

You can't underestimate a club like Manchester United. If they park the bus you expect Messi to dribble through them? nope.

totally agree. if Dembele had been fit i think we win this by a few goals due to his speed.. Coutinho, whilst he wasn't that bad, just doesn't have the pace to take defenders away so the middle is totally crowded

FinBarcelonafan

Busquets: "I think Messi's nose is not broken but it is true that it has a big bruise, it has a wound, it has bled a lot."
Jordi Alba: "This season we are more attentive than ever because of what happened last year, today we played a very serious game."
Lukaku (Manchester United): "Comeback? Barça are not PSG, they have more experience... We have to be confident and go to the Camp Nou with passion and generate more chances."
Messi had trouble breathing during the match. He should miss the match vs. Huesca and will be back vs. United. (AS)
Messi's nose could be broken, tomorrow there will be tests. [gol]

Insane Smallong didn't even get a yellow.. and no free kick either. Instead United got good chance out of it.

raki

All starters must rest against Huesca.

Cilessen

Wague Murillo Umtiti Vermaelen

Sergi

Alena Vidal

Malcom Boateng Dembelé

Kul_z

We are NOT winning the CL. Liverpool will fuck us so bad.

And deep down every single one of you know it’s true.

We are not winning the cl.

The double is still a good season

Because of this game i think cl is ours. Messi + busquets + suarez's one moment of brilliance gave us the goal, our defence was rock solid(Pique i love you) without the help of the middlefield(i think that was one of the worst performances bar roma from our middle three i ever saw in messi era), 0 shots on target from manu.. This is the first game since forever we scored in away leg, at the right time when we were pressing, tryed for second- didnt come, so our mourinho(its his team, cant blame him) decided that its enough, save the net. It was a shitshow, but finally a shitshow with a lot of positives in cl(can we finally say that we actually have defensive system?) and positive outcome, and couple of negatives we ALREADY KNEW that could happen. I think that this is the best result we could get- playing shit for barca standard and actually look competitive and mature, compared to all the other away legs even under guardiola when we went out with nothing. We all know that at the nou camp we are completely different animal, so cut the crap, we achieved what we wanted at old traford.

Centauri B

The excuse that we were tired and ManU was fresh is pretty poor imo. We were 8 points ahead but v played the big guns until the 90th minute while they had 1 man less. What good is being 8 points ahead when you don't even take advantage of it by resting players more?

Because we chose to win the game and finish the league off once and for all. It was what it was, but it certainly tired our players, whereas United had nothing to do for more than a week but to prepare for us.

Now, we can rest players and United cannot. The tables will be totally reversed, we will be playing at home, and we have the 1-0 advantage.

mc_lovin

Just want to add that we can draw zero conclusions for a (potential) Liverpool game. No need to shit your pants yet.

Centauri B

All starters must rest against Huesca.

Cilessen

Wague Murillo Umtiti Vermaelen

Sergi

Alena Vidal

Malcom Boateng Dembelé

Dembele should not play just yet.

Cilessen

Wague Todibo Umtiti Vermaelen

Sergi

Alena Vidal

Malcom Boateng not-Dembele

We are NOT winning the CL. Liverpool will fuck us so bad.

And deep down every single one of you know it’s true.

We are not winning the cl.

The double is still a good season

I think this could be true, but don't forget that the best team doesn't always wins.
Barca could be one of those teams that everything was perfect for them to win

Arizona Scott

Hopefully we improve in the semis if we get there. I think historically we get better when we get that far in the CL, and we sure as hell have to if we want to get past Liverpool.

The only team with the style and players to run us off the park is City on their day and sloppy day from us. Liverpool & Barca are conceding the fewest among the big leagues, and Pool doesn't press all that much anymore, but they defend great. Assuming the next match-up (very likely in the semis), very well could be a 1-1 two legged tie.

Snails Messi and Suarez running into counters.
Exactly.

No support, the midfield wasn't in the vicinity on any breaks forward and no pace on the wings (see next point). The attacking 3 did fine, created the goal and only an insane save kept Coutinho's shot out--the best shot of the match by either team. Ederson had a much easier save vs Son yesterday and let that one in and his team is in a hole.

barcelona need malcolm or demeble, just some one with pace. united's defence were not concerned at all lol. they were chilling.

I found it a very poor and confusing decision not to use Dembele or Malcom the last 30 minutes when they were inviting wide play. 1 or 2 more goals and this tie is killed and United had put so much in the first 60. 1-0 away result is just a tad better than 1-1 away result against a team like United (where they are not going to produce a shut off), while 2-0, 3-0 is MUCH better than 1-0. We had an incentive to go a lot more aggressive late 2nd half as it was an away match.

Some positives--not small ones--though I was hoping for more as the match went on, is we were the only one of 4 road teams to come away with an away win this week (Juve were lucky not to get bombed and City obviously lost and didn't score) + we had a clean sheet/no shots on target against.

Every CL winner will have some results like this BTW.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Anyone who has watched them recently, will know that they are as beatable, if not more, than we are.

Yeah, I've seen them play lately and I have to say, I'm not impressed. They are getting lucky late goals and good referee decisions. Hardly impressive. They are lacking energy and it's been a long season.

Home of Barca Fans