CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

Centauri B

Realistically Coutinho's shot could have been a goal. Realistically Messi would have scored from that freecick. Also realistically we could have lost at the weekend and at villareal.

But we didn't do all that and we won 1-0 away in the CL QF, with the opponent not having a shot on target. So shut the fuck up and let's moan another time, when it really deserved.

Amen!

Neymessi

Let's not pretend united were not the better side just because we won, although both were shite.

Ev will never leave his defensive approach. Just one goal up and he switched to ultra defensive as if one goal lead is enough which after which we were lucky united did not score.

Gari

Realistically Coutinho's shot could have been a goal. Realistically Messi would have scored from that freecick. Also realistically we could have lost at the weekend and at villareal.

But we didn't do all that and we won 1-0 away in the CL QF, with the opponent not having a shot on target. So shut the fuck up and let's moan another time, when it really deserved.

And Suarez? 2 -100% And Roberto?

Joan

After a difficult beginning, Busi's performance grew up and improved.

Many users see only the first stupid mistakes.

Spot on.

Improved as the match went on. Wouldn't have taken him off myself either.

But it was a very bad night from him. Can't remember him being this bad in a long time..

Centauri B

Let's not pretend united were not the better side just because we won, although both were shite.

Ev will never leave his defensive approach. Just one goal up and he switched to ultra defensive as if one goal lead is enough which after which we were lucky united did not score.

They were better in the latter 25 minutes of the first half. Second half we genuinely controlled the game and they created precisely zero danger for Ter Stegen who did not have to make a single save.

Also, to all those who say that United are utter crap, let me remind you that this season they have beaten: a) Arsenal b) Chelsea c) Spurs d) Juventus & PSG. They also drew with Liverpool, stealing two points that may cost the Scousers the league title.

jairzinho

We were shite for stretches in this game against a shite team. That's a fact. Get your head out your ass and look at the game again.

Vilarrubi

The team was tired tonight, especially compared to the ultra-fresh ManU. It will be a lot different on Tuesday night when we are better prepared than our opponents.

And no, as good as Liverpool are, we have at least a 50% chance of eliminating them.

Exactly... and we can’t play well every single game no team in the world has ever done that. We’ve had a run of games where we’ve played quite well so this was an off game and we got this win.. quality stuff.

eaman

We are NOT winning the CL. Liverpool will fuck us so bad.

And deep down every single one of you know it’s true.

We are not winning the cl.

The double is still a good season

You seem to forget how bad Liverpool played at old Trafford in a game they needed to win. We scored early and played the rest in second gear in a first leg

mc_lovin

That was cynical ;D United didnt look threatening at all - and we seemed to just play for the 1:0. Not worried about the return leg.

soul24rage

It's obvious that the 1 week rest that Man Utd had helped them a lot with the intensity while we had a tough game vs ATM.

I think a 1-0 away is a good result since it keeps us on our toes for the 2nd leg.

I'm confident we'll have a much better performance in the Camp Nou with players rested vs Huesca while Man Utd will fight for the top 4 vs West Ham.

serghei

It's obvious that the 1 week rest that Man Utd had helped them a lot with the intensity while we had a tough game vs ATM.

I think a 1-0 away is a good result since it keeps us on our toes for the 2nd leg.

I'm confident we'll have a much better performance in the Camp Nou with players rested vs Huesca while Man Utd will fight for the top 4 vs West Ham.

Actually, I wouldn't put it past Valverde to come up with a speech like La Liga is not won and every game is important, while seeing 75% of the players who played today used vs Huesca too. Man is just really really bad at keeping the squad fresh.

malvolio

We were shite for stretches in this game against a shite team. That's a fact. Get your head out your ass and look at the game again.

Did I say this was a vintage Barça performance?! Nope. We did what was necessary without conceding.

Let me remind you that in previous seasons we didn't paced our selves properly and we got eliminated.

Our last matches:
Win against city rivals Espanyol - a must win with atletico behind us
Draw against a fired up Villareal who is fighting to escape relegation - we also had an unusual CB pairing
Win against Atletico to end their title hopes
Win against Man Utd away, without them having a shot on target

So 4 hard matches in 10 days, while United had 2 and we did almost excellently results wise.

Last edited:

booge

helps ofcourse when the ref refuses to give that mctominay thug a yellow card + Smalling seems immune despite foul after foul on Suarez

thats what i was talking about. when your rough with messi , he does struggle. there was atleast 6 of them hurrying him. I don't think Messi will carve them open on his at all.

I think there's more chance of him assisting others to score hence the need for dembele's speed.

You can't underestimate a club like Manchester United. If they park the bus you expect Messi to dribble through them? nope.

soul24rage

Actually, I wouldn't put it past Valverde to come up with a speech like La Liga is not won and every game is important, while seeing 75% of the players who played today used vs Huesca too. Man is just really really bad at keeping the squad fresh.

True. I would be surprised if EV rests Messi vs Huesca. Dembele, Boateng and Malcom should be more than good enough. I'm glad that Suarez and Pique are suspended vs Huesca.

Sorin

The excuse that we were tired and ManU was fresh is pretty poor imo. We were 8 points ahead but v played the big guns until the 90th minute while they had 1 man less. What good is being 8 points ahead when you don't even take advantage of it by resting players more?

Home of Barca Fans