Christian Eriksen

JamDav1982

But it's a lazy cliche, as it's based on what you think just like what those people thought, apparently not based on facts just like your opinion.

No you dont know what a lazy cliche is by sounds of things.

Alli has played deeper and has everything to play there to a high standard but that is not reason would pick him over Eriksen.

I have seen Alli play deeper. You act like he never has.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No you dont know what a lazy cliche is by sounds of things.

Alli has played deeper and has everything to play there to a high standard but that is not reason would pick him over Eriksen.

I have seen Alli play deeper. You act like he never has.

Neither do you despite English being your first or second language.

You've seen Alli play deeper, but not backed it up. It's akin to those saying Coutinho has been inconsistent, even those watching him every week for the last few years, not managing to back it up(according to you)

AnfieldED or another Liverpool fan says he's been inconsistent, you say he's not. You say Alli can play deeper because you've seen him do it, I say Alli plays more advanced than probably any 'midfielder' in the Premier League.

JamDav1982

Neither do you despite English being your first or second language.

You've seen Alli play deeper, but not backed it up. It's akin to those saying Coutinho has been inconsistent, even those watching him every week for the last few years, not managing to back it up(according to you)

Yes I do and you were spouting lazy cliches about Coutinho that were not true.

Not doing same about Alli just giving my opinion on him that have not heard to any great extent either way to be a cliche.

Yeah I seen Alli play deeper v Liverpool and be the best player on the park both defensively and arguably only second to Kane going forward. A few games later seen him destroy Real as an attacking mid.

He can play deeper at a high level and can play a number of positions which is why prefer him to Eriksen.

Those watching Coutinho every week he was voted Liverpools player of year twice in a row and Brazils player of the year? Those people? Or AnfieldEd the deluded Liverpool fan with men on the inside.

DonAK

Yes I do and you were spouting lazy cliches about Coutinho that were not true.

Not doing same about Alli.

Yeah I seen Alli play deeper v Liverpool and be the best player on the park both defensively and arguably only second to Kane going forward. A few games later seen him destroy Real as an attacking mid.

He can play deeper at a high level and can play a number of positions which is why prefer him to Eriksen.

Those watching Coutinho every week he was voted Liverpools player of year twice in a row and Brazils player of the year? Those people? Or AnfieldEd the deluded Liverpool fan with men on the inside.

What about Jurgen Klopp?

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/sto...p-philippe-coutinho-needs-to-find-consistency

You can just do a google search and find various articles about Coutinho's inconsistency, or him discovering consistency lately.

If you look at Alli's passmap or heat map against Liverpool you can see he played mostly advanced although was all over the field running up and down. So not really playing deep. I guess you can call that a glorified B2B MF now lol.

Last edited:

clemente

Eriksen is nowhere near the dribbler or as good in tight spaces as Alli. The fact you think that stat proves otherwise says it all.

He is absolutely better dirbbler than Alli, he has better ball controll, his body feints are the highest level, I think you just finished watching some Alli nutmeg compilation to come and say that he is better than Eriksen. He loses the ball a lot and his dribbling is definitely not as good as you think.

Eriksen is on all set pieces and puts much more balls in box so fully expect him to have more 'chances created'.

Could be wrong but I think set pieces don't count as "chances created".

Eriksen is not some midfield controller he gets ball in box as often as possible and takes a lot of shots as well. He is an attacking mid that tries to make things happen early.

He is much more of a midfield controller than Alli, he can controll the tempo and you can tell how he has much better understanding than players around him. He doesn't just try to make things happen early, he does everything, he decides when he wants to keep possession or smash a pass into box.

I watch pretty much all Spurs games and Alli is nowhere near the player Eriksen is, I recommend you watching some of their games instead of making assumptions from youtube compilations.

JamDav1982

He is absolutely better dirbbler than Alli, he has better ball controll, his body feints are the highest level, I think you just finished watching some Alli nutmeg compilation to come and say that he is better than Eriksen. He loses the ball a lot and his dribbling is definitely not as good as you think.

Could be wrong but I think set pieces don't count as "chances created".

He is much more of a midfield controller than Alli, he can controll the tempo and you can tell how he has much better understanding than players around him. He doesn't just try to make things happen early, he does everything, he decides when he wants to keep possession or smash a pass into box.

I watch pretty much all Spurs games and Alli is nowhere near the player Eriksen is, I recommend you watching some of their games instead of making assumptions from youtube compilations.

Haha ok.

Pretty sure it was you who was telling me how good Rakitic is as well.

Last edited:

DonAK

JamDav still struggling to find something about Alli being able to play deeper apart from 'I think he can'.

lol

JamDav1982

What about Jurgen Klopp?

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/sto...p-philippe-coutinho-needs-to-find-consistency

You can just do a google search and find various articles about Coutinho's inconsistency, or him discovering consistency lately.

If you look at Alli's passmap or heat map against Liverpool you can see he played mostly advanced although was all over the field running up and down. So not really playing deep. I guess you can call that a glorified B2B MF now lol.

Think you are looking at pass map the wrong way round.

Vast majority of touches/passes and interceptions were in own half and he moved further forward a bit later in game.

JamDav1982

JamDav still struggling to find something about Alli being able to play deeper apart from 'I think he can'.

lol

His performance v Liverpool and other times he has played deeper and his all round ability on ball and defensive ability he clearly can.

What is lol is claiming Ozil is just as good if not better than Coutinho.

Again though the reason would want Alli is his versatility. Class act.

DonAK

His performance v Liverpool and other times he has played deeper and his all round ability on ball and defensive ability he clearly can.

What is lol is claiming Ozil is just as good if not better than Coutinho.

Except he didn't play deeper vs Liverpool. You got to back it up you know, not just come up with 'I think he can' or 'I know he can'.

Don't try to steer away the discussion again JamDav, we've already covered that part several posts above. Although if you want to play that game, then I can pull up posts of yours claiming Stones in 2015 was more than good enough for Barcelona.

The error prone John Stones who tried to dribble players 5 meters from his own GK in his box.

Would say that's higher in the 'lol' factor here, but it's okay. You do get excited when it comes to British players, just like with Dele Alli here ;)

Heart does and says what it wants.

JamDav1982

Except he didn't play deeper vs Liverpool. You got to back it up you know, not just come up with 'I think he can' or 'I know he can'.

Don't try to steer away the discussion again JamDav, we've already covered that part several posts above. Although if you want to play that game, then I can pull up posts of yours claiming Stones in 2015 was more than good enough for Barcelona.

The error prone John Stones who tried to dribble players 5 meters from his own GK in his box.

Would say that's higher in the 'lol' factor here, but it's okay. You do get excited when it comes to British players, just like with Dele Alli here ;)

Heart does and says what it wants.

Except he did play deeper v Liverpool backed up by watching it, what others said about his performance and stats to back it up.

This he played in most advanced areas is just a lie from you who clearly didnt watch it.

Ozil is just as good if not better than Coutinho. Lol

Big Johnny Stones having a great season while Ozil is being Ozil.

Me trying to steer discussion? You are a cliche of yourself now. You brought up opinions on other players first.

If going to speak some monumental shit about likes of Ozil, Belotti etc probably best not to do that.

Last edited:

DonAK

Except he did play deeper v Liverpool backed up by watching it, what others said about his performance and stats to back it up.

This he played in most advanced areas is just a lie from you who clearly didnt watch it.

Ozil is just as good if not better than Coutinho. Lol.

Again, you're just saying you watched it. You've not even put up an article about others saying it, nor have you posted a single stat.

What you gonna do now? Make a fake twitter user and post from there?

Stones good enough for Barcelona in 2015 a bigger joke. Well, you do know Ozil is multiple times German Player of the Year and featured in UEFA TOTYs? :thinking:

Obviously Ozil is old now so he's not worth a purchase. Never liked him anyway. Claiming Ozil was just as good as Coutinho as an AM is hardly a stretch since you like to repeat that all the time. Claiming Stones was good enough for Barca back then was a stretch though.

JamDav1982

Again, you're just saying you watched it. You've not even put up an article about others saying it, nor have you posted a single stat.

What you gonna do now? Make a fake twitter user and post from there?

Stones good enough for Barcelona in 2015 a bigger joke. Well, you do know Ozil is multiple times German Player of the Year and featured in UEFA TOTYs? :thinking:

Obviously Ozil is old now so he's not worth a purchase. Never liked him anyway.

Yip watched it.

One second google shows plenty of articles about him playing deeper that game and all stats show he played deeper and you are speaking more shit claiming he was in mostly advanced areas.

Ozil 'old now' yet he was just as good if not better than Coutinho 7/8 months ago. Lol.

Feel free to bring up any Stones quote that you please.

DonAK

You're definitely steering the discussion in another direction, because you're trying to find a way out of actually posting anything substantial about Alli playing deeper.

One second google also shows articles about Coutinho's inconsistency. You're speaking a lot of crap here and claiming something you cannot back up. I'm not going to google it, the burden of proof is on you.

If you're gonna tear apart others opinions you better back it up yourself you silly man.

As I said, same old Jammy tactics. You cannot teach an old dogs new tricks.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans