Christian Eriksen

JamDav1982

I can go back and pull up my posts saying Belotti is an interesting prospect in case we want a striker similar to Suarez, a pure CF, but like you I never claimed Belotti objectively was a better player than Griezmann. Nice try though. :)

Those stats mean a lot since Eriksen playing deeper has a higher dribbling percentage, chances created and key passes than Alli who plays more advanced up the field, and that's precisely what Barcelona need. A player capable of playing in the midfield, a creative midfielder, not a glorified second-striker, CAM at best whom the English press claim to be a center midfielder.

When discussing names of strikers and you were going on about Belotti being like Suarez which he isnt and I argued for Griezmann.

You soon caught up and started naming Griezmann though.

If going to say 'nice try' at least try to be smug about something that was actually said not some argument you made up.

Eriksen is nowhere near the dribbler or as good in tight spaces as Alli. The fact you think that stat proves otherwise says it all.

Eriksen is on all set pieces and puts much more balls in box so fully expect him to have more 'chances created'.

Eriksen is not some midfield controller he gets ball in box as often as possible and takes a lot of shots as well. He is an attacking mid that tries to make things happen early.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When discussing names of strikers and you were going on about Belotti being like Suarez which he isnt and I argued for Griezmann.

You soon caught up and started naming Griezmann though.

If going to say 'nice try' at least try to be smug about something that was actually said not some argument you made up.

Eriksen is nowhere near the dribbler or as good in tight spaces as Alli. The fact you think that stat proves otherwise says it all.

Eriksen is on all set pieces and puts much more balls in box so fully expect him to have more 'chances created'.

Eriksen is not some midfield controller he gets ball in box as often as possible and takes a lot of shots as well. He is an attacking mid that tries to make things happen early.

But I never said Belotti was better than Griezmann like you're doing here, did I? No, I didn't. :)

And yes, Belotti is more of a pure #9 like Suarez is able to play as than Griezmann is. The argument I made there was that if we want to bring in a proper #9 then Belotti or someone with pace like Werner would be good choices.

Eriksen is the more creative player, no matter which way you put it. If you claim otherwise then perhaps try to make a proper argument backed up by something rather than dishing out drivel claiming Alli can play deeper while you're now saying Eriksen can not. If we have a Coutinho in the midfield, we won't need a super dribbler alongside him in the midfield, or alongside another midfielder in general. We need efficient dribblers which Eriksen actually is. A more efficient dribbler than Alli knowing when to take on players rather than trying to show off all the time and in that process take on three guys successfully, but lose the ball five times later too.

And I never said Eriksen was a midfield controller. I said he can play deeper as a proper midfielder unlike Alli, which he can as he's done for Spurs.

If you think that's bad, then your argument about Alli being able to play deeper when he never really has would be insanity.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

But I never said Belotti was better than Griezmann like you're doing here, did I? No, I didn't. :)

And yes, Belotti is more of a pure #9 like Suarez is able to play as than Griezmann is. The argument I made there was that if we want to bring in a proper #9 then Belotti or someone with pace like Werner would be good choices.

Eriksen is the more creative player, no matter which way you put it. If you claim otherwise then perhaps try to make a proper argument backed up by something rather than dishing out drivel claiming Alli can play deeper while you're now saying Eriksen can not. If we have a Coutinho in the midfield, we won't need a super dribbler alongside him in the midfield, or alongside another midfielder in general. We need efficient dribblers which Eriksen actually is. A more efficient dribbler than Alli knowing when to take on players rather than trying to show off all the time and in that process take on three guys successfully, but lose the ball five times later too.

And I never said Eriksen was a midfield controller. I said he can play deeper as a proper midfielder unlike Alli, which he can as he's done for Spurs.

You were saying Barca should sign him as like Suarez...., while I prefered what Griezmann would bring.

Youve changed your tune since and caught up as I said.

Eriksen is more creative for Spurs as that is his role. He isnt a better dribbler though. No chance.

Is that Coutinho who I always argued for and you claimed is a 'dime a dozen' and others like Ozil and Bernardo Silva are better options.....

Can see how pans out who is better player in next 4/5 years but I prefer Alli.

Eriksen rarely plays deep for spurs he is often up round he box taking pot shots at goal a lot. Or getting ball in early as possible.

DonAK

You were saying Barca should sign him as like Suarez...., while I prefered what Griezmann would bring.

Youve changed your tune since and caught up as I said.

Eriksen is more creative for Spurs as that is his role. He isnt a better dribbler though. No chance.

Is that Coutinho who I always argued for and you claimed is a 'dime a dozen' and others like Ozil and Bernardo Silva are better options.....

Can see how pans out who is better player in next 4/5 years but I prefer Alli.

Eriksen rarely plays deep for spurs he is often up round he box taking pot shots at goal a lot. Or getting ball in early as possible.

This is what I love about you JamDav, you take out one part of what someone says and leaves the other part out, very convenient for what you're trying to prove, but unfortunately also a trick that's so old that the entire forum knows about it, but I guess hard it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.....

Comparison was about Verratti v Coutinho. Attacking midfielders are a dime a dozen compared to pure CMs which is a harder position to excel in which is why there are so few generational ones.

Coutinho is not a generational AM. Neither is Eriksen, or Bernardo Silva or Ozil who I pointed out. Verratti might not be a generational deep-lying midfielder, controller either, but he's a profile that's hard to find with the quality he possesses. That's the point I made. You can find more AMs or midfielders who are better attacking, creating chances than midfielders excelling in distribution, controlling.

There are few Verratti's or Kroos' in the World, but if you can't get Coutinho you always have other options to explore. Some might be better, others might be slightly worse, nonetheless more options.

Whether you prefer Alli because you like him more is something I don't really care about, but claiming he's better than Eriksen and would be more suited to Barcelona, that's something I disagree with strongly.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

This is what I love about you JamDav, you take out one part of what someone says and leaves the other part out, very convenient for what you're trying to prove, but unfortunately also a trick that's so old that the entire forum knows about it, but I guess hard it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.....

Comparison was about Verratti v Coutinho. Attacking midfielders are a dime a dozen compared to pure CMs which is a harder position to excel in which is why there are so few generational ones.

Coutinho is not a generational AM. Neither is Eriksen, or Bernardo Silva or Ozil who I pointed out. Verratti might not be a generational deep-lying midfielder, controller either, but he's a profile that's hard to find with the quality he possesses. That's the point I made. You can find more AMs or midfielders who are better attacking, creating chances than midfielders excelling in distributing, controlling.

There are few Verratti's or Kroos' in the World, but if you can't get Coutinho you always have other options to explore.

Whether you prefer Alli is not is something I don't really care about, but claiming he's better than Eriksen and would be more suited to Barcelona, that's something I disagree with strongly.

Not leaving anything out. We were discussing who thought Barca should sign and why and you claimes Belotti and I said Griezmann and claimed Belotti was a no.9 and like Suarez which he isnt and I didnt want his type of striker.

You claimed Coutinho was dime a dozen and likes of Ozil just as good if not better. Then proceeded to trot out the old 'Coutinho is inconsistent' rubbish who then scores a screamer and gets praise.

Now you seem to want him.

Totally trying to change the argument now. Well done.

I get you disagree and I dont care who you think is better either. Can see how it pans out.

DonAK

Not leaving anything out. We were discussing who thought Barca should sign and why and you claimes Belotti and I said Griezmann and claimed Belotti was a no.9 and like Suarez which he isnt and I didnt want his type of striker.

You claimed Coutinho was dime a dozen and likes of Ozil just as good if not better. Then proceeded to trot out the old 'Coutinho is inconsistent' rubbish who then scores a screamer and gets praise.

Now you seem to want him.

Totally trying to change the argument now. Well done.

I get you disagree and I dont care who you think is better either. Can see how it pans out.

I'm not the one who changed the argument, but sure, blame me ;)

Again, doing the same. Good ol' Jammy, you didn't bring up a single thing to back up your claim of Alli being better than Eriksen and able to play deeper, which is the premise of this discussion, so who did change the argument again? I made my point, you failed to make yours.

Do I want Coutinho now? Yes. With the way Barcelona are playing right now, and the options available and what we need which is more creativity, Coutinho is the best option because it's not like we're going to get Kroos or Verratti anyway, and anyone else are unproven or old like Ozil, or already playing for a top club so next to impossible to get.

Looks like you're not going to make a point here like I said, but as always, it's been a pleasure JamDav.

JamDav1982

I'm not the one who changed the argument, but sure, blame me ;)

Again, doing the same. Good ol' Jammy, you didn't bring up a single thing to back up your claim of Alli being better than Eriksen and able to play deeper, which is the premise of this discussion, so who did change the argument again? I made my point, you failed to make yours.

Do I want Coutinho now? Yes. With the way Barcelona are playing right now, and the options available and what we need which is more creativity, Coutinho is the best option because it's not like we're going to get Kroos or Verratti anyway, and anyone else are unproven or old like Ozil, or already playing for a top club so next to impossible to get.

Looks like you're not going to make a point here like I said, but as always, it's been a pleasure JamDav.

Your comment was to say CMs like Verratti and Kroos were harder to come by than AMs like Coutinho.

The next part was to then comment on Coutinho as an AM who is a dime a dozen in that position and no better than Ozil, Eriksen and B Silva.

Then went on to say how Coutinho was inconsistent and twitter idiots rate him as scored golazos.

All very straightforward.

Again like Griezmann you seemed to have caught up though.

Goooooooo Ozil!

Last edited:

DonAK

Your comment was to say CMs like Verratti and Kroos were harder to come by than AMs like Coutinho.

The next part was to then comment on Coutinho as an AM who is a dime a dozen in that position and no better than Ozil, Eriksen and B Silva.

Then went on to say how Coutinho was inconsistent and twitter idiots rate him as scored golazos.

All very straightforward.

Again like Griezmann you seemed to have caught up though.

1. Yes

2. Partly true, already clarified that above though.

3. He has been inconsistent, even our resident Liverpool fans have said so, but I guess you know better than them, or the Spurs fans in their own forum :lol:. And yes, people who rate him as the best thing since sliced bread based on a few golazos are idiots. More to football than a few golazos.

4. Not caught up on anything, best option available on the market for the system we're playing right now.

Have you caught up on Umtiti being better than the best next CB in the World Stones though? I think not.

JamDav1982

1. Yes

2. Partly true, already clarified that above though.

3. He has been inconsistent, even our resident Liverpool fans have said so. And yes, people who rate him as the best thing since sliced bread based on a few golazos are idiots.

4. Not caught up on anything, best option available on the market for the system we're playing right now.

Have you caught up on Umtiti being better than the best next CB in the World Stones though? I think not.

1,2,3 & 4 were all true.

Gooooooo Ozil!

He hasnt been inconsistent. Fact you still claim it says it all. Using AnfieldEd as a reference point. Deary deary me.

DonAK

1,2,3 & 4 were all true.

Gooooooo Ozil!

No, they were not. ;)

I've actually never liked Ozil if you've followed my posts here. Good stats, but when the push comes to shove I've found him very underwhelming, and his lack of work rate a lot of times is obviously bad too.

JamDav1982

No, they were not. ;)

I've actually never liked Ozil if you've followed my posts here. Good stats, but when the push comes to shove I've found him very underwhelming, and his lack of work rate a lot of times is obviously bad too.

Yes they were.

You claimed Ozil just as good if not better than the inconsistent Coutinho who fools people with golazos.

Coutinho 'inconsistent' was a lazy cliche by folk who heard others say it and didint have a clue.

DonAK

Yes they were.

You claimed Ozil just as good if not better than the inconsistent Coutinho who fools people with golazos.

Coutinho 'inconsistent' was a lazy cliche by folk who heard others say it and didint have a clue.

Not really, but I'll take your word for it. Almost as lazy of a cliche like by the folk claiming Dele Alli can play deeper as a midfielder. ;)

JamDav1982

Not really, but I'll take your word for it. Almost as lazy of a cliche like by the folk claiming Dele Alli can play deeper as a midfielder. ;)

Yes really. The 'inconsistent' thing was lazy cliche just like your other one about him fooling people with golazos.

Ozil just as good of not better than him as well...

I think Alli can play deeper and can play more positions than Eriksen and would be the better signing. As said can see how it all pans out.

DonAK

Yes really. The 'inconsistent' thing was lazy cliche just like your other one about him fooling people with golazos.

I think Alli can play deeper and can play more positions than Eriksen and would be the better signing. As said can see how it all pans out.

But it's a lazy cliche, as it's based on what you think just like what those people thought, apparently not based on facts just like your opinion.

FCBfan22

I would rather have Coutinho, Eriksen or Lemar than Ozil, who comes across to me as midfielder who only shines when he decides to. But most of the time he can't be arsed to play on the highest possible level. Just my 2 cents.

Home of Barca Fans