Chris Smalling

Jair Ventura

He's fast becoming the best defender in the league. An absolute rock. :worthy:

giphy.gif

oggydude

Love Mike, his defending has always been solid bar that stupid red against City, what he needed to improve was his composure on the ball and he has developed that aspect of his game very well. Future captain.

Jair Ventura

Love Mike, his defending has always been solid bar that stupid red against City, what he needed to improve was his composure on the ball and he has developed that aspect of his game very well. Future captain.

Chris Smalling can hardly play a pass, and when he can't outmuscle or bully an attacking player, noticeably struggles.

oggydude

Chris Smalling can hardly play a pass, and when he can't outmuscle or bully an attacking player, noticeably struggles.

Not the best passer I agree, but he has improved considerably. Thing is he always wins his one on one battles and is excellent at outmuscleing and bullying players, his long legs make hims pain to attackers. He is extremely strong (had Lukaku in his pocket) and quick and excellent in the air, perfect traits for PL defender, he has also developed a good footballing brain, always in the right positions and constantly making excellent interceptions.

Falcao

Yeah his passing has improved a lot and he has the confidence to move into midfield with the ball now. Today he stepped off from a physical battle with Lukaku and relied on his positioning which was spot on. Good to see him getting credit, he has become a top player and is a possible future captain.

Last edited:

Unbiased United

Don't pretend you've watched him play more than an handful of times (if that).

He's an absolute beast. The best CB in the league in my opinion and will only get better. Anybody who doesn't rate him this season doesn't have eyes.

Dave Saves

He's an absolute beast. The best CB in the league in my opinion and will only get better. Anybody who doesn't rate him this season doesn't have eyes.

He hates United. I have found my enjoyment of this forum has increased after putting this guy on ignore. His posts do show up when someone quotes him though :(, wish there was an ignore function for that too.

Jair Ventura

Of course not, because the inaccessibility of the EPL makes viewing its matches difficult. Particularly when NBC archives and post them online.

He's a solid physical CB with limited technical abilities, skills that are necessary to succeed at the top clubs in the world and are present in footballs best CB's: Boateng, Silva, Pique, Ramos, Hummels, etc. But yes, if people don't overhype English players they don't have eyes and don't watch football, obviously.

I'm sure the beast will come out of him against City in the same way it did against Arsenal.

IamGundogan

Of course not, because the inaccessibility of the EPL makes viewing its matches difficult. Particularly when NBC archives and post them online.

He's a solid physical CB with limited technical abilities, skills that are necessary to succeed at the top clubs in the world and are present in footballs best CB's: Boateng, Silva, Pique, Ramos, Hummels, etc. But yes, if people don't overhype English players they don't have eyes and don't watch football, obviously.

I'm sure the beast will come out of him against City in the same way it did against Arsenal.

Boateng, Silva, Pique, Ramos, Hummels.

How'd the beast come out of Boateng at the Camp Nou last season? How did it come out for Pique against Celta? How did it come out for Ramos against Holland? How did it come out for Hummels all of last season?

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!

This is not overhyping. From what I've seen in the PL this season, United fans have a legitimate claim when they say he's one of the best in the league, if not the best.

Jair Ventura

Boateng, Silva, Pique, Ramos, Hummels.

How'd the beast come out of Boateng at the Camp Nou last season? How did it come out for Pique against Celta? How did it come out for Ramos against Holland? How did it come out for Hummels all of last season?

Aren't Boateng, Pique, Ramos, and Hummels UCL, World Cup, or Euro winning footballers? I'd wager the beast came out of them at some point over the last few seasons. On the other hand, what's Smalling's trophy cabinet looking like?

S7_MUFC

Is he the new Phil Jones?
TBH Phil Jones was a reason for Smalling being vastly underrated because people started judging him together...Yes he's done well since City red card last season but even before that match he played a blinder against Chelsea...

JamDav1982

Aren't Boateng, Pique, Ramos, and Hummels UCL, World Cup, or Euro winning footballers? I'd wager the beast came out of them at some point over the last few seasons. On the other hand, what's Smalling's trophy cabinet looking like?

Smalling has been brilliant for Man Utd this season and one of if not best CB in the league.

You can try and deny that all you like by naming players that have more medals but it doesnt change the fact.

Home of Barca Fans