Champions League

Gaudi

Just skimming through some articles now. Apparently he said " Dont touch me , I don't speak with negro's"(paraphrasing here).

Now whether negrito means something else in his language , him saying don't touch me clearly implies something else with how he used the word.

This is completely different if thru. Thi IS racism.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This is completely different if thru. Thi IS racism.

One thing I would like to mention is that's what he said according to Evra , obviously Suarez story is something else but he does admit to using the word negro ( but he said he used it in a "different" context")

El Gato

Villarato!
Why does differentiating between people on something so base as a skin colour still need to be explained as something that is a wrong thing to do? 100 other ways to say what the ref said. Primitive and harmful at best, covertly racist and vile at worst.

CatalinR10

Why does differentiating between people on something so base as a skin colour still need to be explained as something that is a wrong thing to do? 100 other ways to say what the ref said. Primitive and harmful at best, covertly racist and vile at worst.

So if you say to a white person that he is white or to a black person that he is black , things which are obvious, that's racist ?

fucking lmao

El Gato

Villarato!
He has 100 of other identifiers. Doesn't even need to resort to use race to discriminate. Can indicate with an open hand or even fingerpoint, tons of ways to do what he needed to do, but chooses to put it out there how he sees people - 5 white guys and 1 black guy in the crowd logic. Even if meaning no harm (which can't be proven either) it's a dumb primitive impulse and is wrong. Nobody should do it.

Anyway. Nice to see Sevilla actually scoring goals and carrying La Liga.

Morten

OGS to EL, thats his actual level imo, okay manager but i just dont find him that good, even if United play some decent football and score goals.

He has 100 of other identifiers. Doesn't even need to resort to use race to discriminate. Can indicate with an open hand or even fingerpoint, tons of ways to do what he needed to do, but chooses to put it out there how he sees people - 5 white guys and 1 black guy in the crowd logic. Even if meaning no harm (which can't be proven either) it's a dumb primitive impulse and is wrong. Nobody should do it.

Anyway. Nice to see Sevilla actually scoring goals and carrying La Liga.

Even if it meant no harm, that is still a typical example of structural racism. It's something that is deeply rooted in that ref's mind, that is why he used his skin color as an identifier. I agree 100% with you, this is a serious issue that should be addressed. Respect for the players for leaving the pitch

khaled_a_d

I don't agree with this.
People describes others by their characteristic features all the time. The bald guy, the short lady, the one with long hair etc. It isn't like there aren't millions of tall, bald, short people etc.
I don't think it is really an act of racism if it is said on that intention.
That said, in this age and era, people should be always extra careful with this stuff. No need to put yourself in that position.

serghei

Honestly, dont think it is in this case. If you have a group of white guys its not that weird to point out the single black guy by saying "black guy". Same way if it were a group of blacks with a single white guy and white guy gets pointed out by naming tone of skin.

That's exactly how it is. It's an ease of language. You instinctively differentiate between similar people and objects based on the clearest separator. If you see two similar cars, one red and one yellow you are automatically inclined to use color as the separator.

You won't look for other differentiators. Maybe one has better rims or has some sticker in the windshield or something like that. If someone asks you which one, you say the red one.

It's hilarious what the world has come to.

CatalinR10

Fucking lol.

If I go tomorrow to the pet store wanting to buy a cat , and say to the seller :

Hey there big boi , I want to buy that black cat over there .

Will the Animal police knock on my door for cruelty or abuse against animals ?

You have stuff like this being blown out of proportion while an NBA black guy gets to call Luka Doncic a bitch ass white boy , with no repercusions , or other examples.

Home of Barca Fans