Champions League

BBZ8800

I want you guys to look at Perisic. Just a normal, hard working, not overly talented player. Look how well he plays and how he contributes just like the other players of Bayern. Bottom line is you don't need stars. Over half the team can be made with regular good players who work hard and are fit, and ply well with the instructions of the manager.

I bet if we wanted to sign Perisic a lot of people would've moaned and said he is a shit player. He's nearly 32 years old btw.

Perisic scored goals in WC semis and in a final.

He is not a superstar, but he is miles better than Dembeles, Malcoms and our signings.
But hey, they are young.

mc_lovin

All winners since 2014 had those ingredients, except Barca in some aspects:

Technique:
Rm
Liverpool
Bayern

Physique:
Rm
Liverpool
Bayern

Mental strength:
All 3

Combative spirit (the opposite to choir boys):
All 3

3 ways of attacking (direct as the main weapon, then possession and headers)
All 3

And then you have a current Barca, who has only technique out of these aspects.

This is a simplified checklist for modern CL, World cup and Euros winners.

Germany in 2014 had all these skills.
France also, with Giroud as the no9 for headers and Mbappe for counters.

And again, then you have Barca and Spain who play a totally different sport, in an inferior way.

Not really fair to compare our winning cycle to Madrids, Liverpools and potentially Bayerns. Its a bit unbalanced. Bayern pretty much did nothing since 2013.

KingLeo10

All winners since 2014 had those ingredients, except Barca in some aspects:

Technique:
Rm
Liverpool
Bayern

Physique:
Rm
Liverpool
Bayern

Mental strength:
All 3

Combative spirit (the opposite to choir boys):
All 3

3 ways of attacking (direct as the main weapon, then possession and headers)
All 3

And then you have a current Barca, who has only technique out of these aspects.

This is a simplified checklist for modern CL, World cup and Euros winners.

Germany in 2014 had all these skills.
France also, with Giroud as the no9 for headers and Mbappe for counters.

And again, then you have Barca and Spain who play a totally different sport, in an inferior way.

Current Barca is not the best representation of Barca. Even the technique is shit because they're all dinosaurs.

I would take 2015 Barca over all any of those teams you've mentioned. 2011 and 2009 Barca too.

How about Germany in 2018? Group stage exit?

How about Bayern getting destroyed in 14, 15, and 19.

How about RM back to back R of 16 exits.

How about Liverpool losing Europa league final to a Spanish team in 2017.

You can't take the best RM, Bayern, Pool and compare it to the worst Barca. Compare it to the best Barca teams and we dispose of them with the exception of 16/17 RM and 12/13 Bayern, who'd be a good match.

Like always, you have good points but resort to the most convenient comparisons to exaggerate. Everyone knows we need to be more physical, press more, and develop more ways of scoring for the modern game. That doesn't mean that Barca's strongest teams weren't a work of art in their own right.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Mentioning only Germany 2014 and not mentioning how shit Germany were in 2016 Euros and WC 2018 while ALSO commenting on Spain's decline is straight up being disingenuous.

All you're proving is that teams are only great when they have great players, irrespective of style. Congrats, we knew this.

Richard.H

I just don’t know why BBZ isn’t a Bayern, Liverpool, or RM fan if he’s so obsessed with the physical/strength game. He would be a lot less stressed out and those clubs would satisfy all of his requirements

serghei

I just don?t know why BBZ isn?t a Bayern, Liverpool, or RM fan if he?s so obsessed with the physical/strength game. He would be a lot less stressed out and those clubs would satisfy all of his requirements

There's some people in New Zealand who like football more than rugby...

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I just don’t know why BBZ isn’t a Bayern, Liverpool, or RM fan if he’s so obsessed with the physical/strength game. He would be a lot less stressed out and those clubs would satisfy all of his requirements

Baffles me as well. I don't know what his endgame is.

Home of Barca Fans