Champions League

Xaviniesta

Bayern: Physique, technique, mental strength, a fighting spirit, three ways of attacking (possession, counters, crosses).

Approved.
They deserve a trophy.

bayern don't have good mental strength. watch their game vs liverpool last year. the same group of players gave up after liverpool scored 1 away goal.

they just have good momentum right now

Morten

Bayern look like they?ve got no respect for any team with their defensive line, give away a few chances and then turn the screw to annihilate you.

I guess they figure they will in a shootout, so they arent particulary concerned if they concede a goal or two.

Though a shootout vs PSG just might backfire.

kattanib

bayern don't have good mental strength. watch their game vs liverpool last year. the same group of players gave up after liverpool scored 1 away goal.

they just have good momentum right now

Every single players looked very serious and focused before kickoff, no underestimation of opponent. No one panicked while Lyon was about to score. When Lewa blocked that shot the other teammate went to salvage it right away and got a corner, while the one who originally shot it didn?t not complain.

If this isn?t mentally strong then what is?

fergus90

I guess they figure they will in a shootout, so they arent particulary concerned if they concede a goal or two.

Though a shootout vs PSG just might backfire.

Yeah and it’s very exciting to watch. Since Hansi Flick took over they’ve been scoring goals in abundance. Close to breaking the overall goal record for a CL season which was set by Barca and they’re gonna do it in 5 less games.

serghei

I want you guys to look at Perisic. Just a normal, hard working, not overly talented player. Look how well he plays and how he contributes just like the other players of Bayern. Bottom line is you don't need stars. Over half the team can be made with regular good players who work hard and are fit, and ply well with the instructions of the manager.

I bet if we wanted to sign Perisic a lot of people would've moaned and said he is a shit player. He's nearly 32 years old btw.

KingLeo10

I think PSG would beat them with Verratti in the middle and Navas in goal. Navas being the key.

But as it stands, 70-30 in favor of Bayern.

mc_lovin

I want you guys to look at Perisic. Just a normal, hard working, not overly talented player. Look how well he plays and how he contributes just like the other players of Bayern. Bottom line is you don't need stars. Over half the team can be made with regular good players who work hard and are fit, and ply well with the instructions of the manager.

I bet if we wanted to sign Perisic a lot of people would've moaned and said he is a shit player. He's nearly 32 years old btw.

I think Ferguson said something along the lines of needing only 3-4 worldclass/key players to make a great team.

KingLeo10

Also, Liverpool at top gear is stronger than this Bayern IMO.

TAA is better than Davies. Robertson about even with Kimmich, maybe slightly better.

VVD and Matip is better than Boateng/Sule and Alaba. No contest here actually.

Midfield Bayern has the better one.

I rate Mane - Firmino - Salah more than Gnabry - Lewa - Perisic/Coman as a trio. Not by much but a shade better.

Alison probably is better than Neuer at this stage.

BBZ8800

Chosing Bayern as the model of your ideas when winning 2-0 in semis.....

All winners since 2014 had those ingredients, except Barca in some aspects:

Technique:
Rm
Liverpool
Bayern

Physique:
Rm
Liverpool
Bayern

Mental strength:
All 3

Combative spirit (the opposite to choir boys):
All 3

3 ways of attacking (direct as the main weapon, then possession and headers)
All 3

And then you have a current Barca, who has only technique out of these aspects.

This is a simplified checklist for modern CL, World cup and Euros winners.

Germany in 2014 had all these skills.
France also, with Giroud as the no9 for headers and Mbappe for counters.

And again, then you have Barca and Spain who play a totally different sport, in an inferior way.

Xaviniesta

Every single players looked very serious and focused before kickoff, no underestimation of opponent. No one panicked while Lyon was about to score. When Lewa blocked that shot the other teammate went to salvage it right away and got a corner, while the one who originally shot it didn?t not complain.

If this isn?t mentally strong then what is?

bayern are choke artists, i've seen it counutless times. sure they have some form of mental strength but at the highest level (this CL with these shitty teams is not it), these group of players will (and have) failed. they know they're the best team in a shit CL this year and it's given them confidence. but previous years have shown when the going gets tough their players will disappear and choke chances.

Home of Barca Fans