Champions League

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nope, Liverpool was clearly the better team yesterday and arguably the better team in the first leg in Madrid too.

They are here to stay as one of top dogs (if not THE) in Europe at least for a couple of more years, assuming Klopp will be around for a few more years.

Look, I can't stand Liverpool but let's try to be a bit objective, they are still very energetic, fast and pacy and their pressing game is top notch and they are not showing any major weaknesses and issues, unlike some other teams.

Hardy

[tw]1238111105584705537[/tw]

according to L'Equipe UEFA next week will announce EURO postponed to 2021 and the provvisorie suspension of CL and Europa League

FC B

Last night marks the beginning of the end of this Liverpool team.

Heard it here first.

Sooner or later it was bound to happen, imo they've fallen into the same trap Pep's Bayern fell when they won Bundesliga by march if I rembember correctly and thus lost momentum in CL knock-out phase since they were disconnected from high pressure must win games domestically for quite a while...

KingLeo10

What end? They are out of the CL, but are definitely winning the PL.

With their best ever (one of their best ever) teams, 1 CL, 1 PL is not a high return over 3 years. They'll start declining from here on out IMO. The PL was their biggest motivation and a workhorse midfield can only take you so far when motivation isn't 120%.

Even their forward line is showing signs of lack of imagination (only 50 goals between them so far this season).

We're not saying they'll fall into mediocrity but they didn't even do a European double, let alone treble.

Our best ever team got 3 CL, 5 LL, 2 trebles in 7 years. 2 CL, 3 LL, treble in 3 years.

RM's best ever team got 4 CL, 2 LL in 7 years. 3 CL, 1 LL in 3 years.

Neymessi

With their best ever (one of their best ever) teams, 1 CL, 1 PL is not a high return over 3 years. They'll start declining from here on out IMO. The PL was their biggest motivation and a workhorse midfield can only take you so far when motivation isn't 120%.

Even their forward line is showing signs of lack of imagination (only 50 goals between them so far this season).

We're not saying they'll fall into mediocrity but they didn't even do a European double, let alone treble.

Our best ever team got 3 CL, 5 LL, 2 trebles in 7 years. 2 CL, 3 LL, treble in 3 years.

RM's best ever team got 4 CL, 2 LL in 7 years. 3 CL, 1 LL in 3 years.

Bollocks. 1 Cl 1 Pl is good returns over 3 years. PL is actually very competitive and much harder to retain than la liga or any other domestic trophy in the world.

This Liverpool isn't near our peak so don't expect those numbers.

Bayern for example had only one 1 CL during their peak when they had only that competition to focus on since league was usually wrapped up by Jan.

KingLeo10

Bollocks. 1 Cl 1 Pl is good returns over 3 years. PL is actually very competitive and much harder to retain than la liga or any other domestic trophy in the world.

This Liverpool isn't near our peak so don't expect those numbers.

Bayern for example had only one 1 CL during their peak when they had only that competition to focus on since league was usually wrapped up by Jan.

Bayern's peak was destroying Juve 4-0 and us 7-0. And they beat Mou's 100 point RM team the year before in the CL semis.

Pool's biggest achievement in CL has been beating a limp Barca and a limp Bayern. I guess you could throw in the City beating but City themselves are not historical giants with pedigree in CL. Got beat both legs by AM. Lost easily to RM.

El Gato

Villarato!
What problems? Failing to score against arguably the best keeper in the world, Oblak? Having too many crosses?

Lack of bench mostly if you ask me, and dedication to some weaker players despite everyone knowing it just doesn't cut it for building dynasties. Crosses isn't a problem as a solution to a bus, it's all you have left when you play vs Atleti. In particular where you've conceded extremely early in the tie and you know you'll be left to chasing it for the remainder of the 180 minutes.

Klopp is too proud for his own good sometimes.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lack of bench mostly if you ask me, and dedication to some weaker players despite everyone knowing it just doesn't cut it for building dynasties. Crosses isn't a problem as a solution to a bus, it's all you have left when you play vs Atleti. In particular where you've conceded extremely early in the tie and you know you'll be left to chasing it for the remainder of the 180 minutes.

Klopp is too proud for his own good sometimes.

Sure, lack of bench is one thing however it is by no means exclusively a Liverpool problem, we (Barca) and some are even worse, I'd argue. Perhaps only you guys and City (?) are better in that regard.

With regard to crosses, it is the most effective way to break down a bus or playing against an ultra-defensive team like Atletico. I wish we Barca would use it but we have neither the players nor the tactical flexibility/versatility to do it. That said, I think Liverpool was not resorted to making just crosses though, they played fast counters a few times yesterday as they probably have the fastest defensive-offensive transition among all elite teams.

I can't predict how they will fare next season but I think they should be fine, among the top, top contenders for all trophies, even without major reinforcements.

Home of Barca Fans