Champions League

snowy

[MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION]

Don’t see a lot wrong with those posts. They were underdogs and just excited about the win. Dunno...but it actually makes PSG look like a bunch of insecure bunch.

Cavani and Herrera didn't do it, they're class. Neither did Draxler I think.

For Ney, I totally knew he was gonna do it, it's his M.O. Like, remember his trolling of DM after the remontada.

Big Haal is a no non-sense. He's probably laughing about it and focusing on the next training session.

Tuchel came through with the 442. He musta been in the lotus position for quite a while :lol:

Androutsos

I mean... if you want to talk shit/rub it in after the first leg you should be prepared to have it crash down upon you if you end up losing...

Vilarrubi

Yesterday highlighted how shit Valverde is even more than we already knew. Atletico had only scored 3 goals in a game on 4 occasions before yesterday. Then they go into Liverpool’s backyard and score 3 against that overhyped team. We helped create that hype with that 4-0.

Mitchell1978

Yesterday highlighted how shit Valverde is even more than we already knew. Atletico had only scored 3 goals in a game on 4 occasions before yesterday. Then they go into Liverpool’s backyard and score 3 against that overhyped team. We helped create that hype with that 4-0.

don't underestimate the absence of Allison Becker. He made several quality saves against barça last season, Adrian is a bum compared to the Brazilian.

Kul_z

don't underestimate the absence of Allison Becker. He made several quality saves against barça last season, Adrian is a bum compared to the Brazilian.

True. If adrian was playing against us last year we would score two goals in first half, game over that would be. Same like atletico without oblak, they would be blown away. And to think goalkeeper is not that important.. What a foolish statement

FC B

Like I been telling people, they’re nowhere near the great Barca, Bayern, and Real sides of the last 15 years.

[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] , I’m afraid our garbage team and a weak Bayern built up their hype. Ultimately world class is needed in midfield

What is that great Real side you speak of, maybe the galactico one?

Barcilliant

Shitverde was a bum. I still hate that fucker. 😂 A defensive team like Atleti go there and score three in extra time after being 2-0 down and we couldn even score one. That 🤡 was a mental midget and it showed in that debacle at Anfield. Simeone on the other hand has personality and fight and that was reflected in his team. Under the pump for most of the match they weathered the storm and emerged victorious. Our pussies buckled under the slightest of pressure despite Liverpool missing Salah and Firmino.

FC B

This only makes what Real Madrid did look even more astonishing. In the era of the Champions League they are the only club to retain their title and they won the competition THREE consecutive years. 4 in 5 as well.

They had the luck on their side and got favourable draws yes, but we probably will not see another club do what they did in our lifetime.

You totally forgot what was the essence of it though : https://imgur.com/gallery/fDcYUDj

Vilarrubi

Of course, but they also had Origi and Shaqiri starting. There's no excuse in my eyes tbh Allison or no Allison. Simeone's tactics were great, defend with a defensive team, try hang on for extra time and away goal. Valverde tried to defend the lead with a frail defence and the same midfield that got pretty much dominated at Camp Nou despite the 3-0 scoreline. Barca and defending leads is a recipe for disaster, we're not built for that. Should have played to our strengths and gone attacking, one goal and the tie would have been over, but no.

boixos

Wijnaldum had betteer performance than Oblak. I watched him since he was 16, and I knew he would become one of the best. The talent was always there. Barca shoould sign him his contract expiers soon. He will completely change our midfield and bring the fighting spirit the same way Vidal has.

henias

Of course, but they also had Origi and Shaqiri starting. There's no excuse in my eyes tbh Allison or no Allison. Simeone's tactics were great, defend with a defensive team, try hang on for extra time and away goal. Valverde tried to defend the lead with a frail defence and the same midfield that got pretty much dominated at Camp Nou despite the 3-0 scoreline. Barca and defending leads is a recipe for disaster, we're not built for that. Should have played to our strengths and gone attacking, one goal and the tie would have been over, but no.

eh but the away goal really screwed them over. It meant Liverpool had to deploy more men forward and you could see how easily they countered near the end, especially with tired legs

Vilarrubi

eh but the away goal really screwed them over. It meant Liverpool had to deploy more men forward and you could see how easily they countered near the end, especially with tired legs

Is this reply meant for me? I don't get your point. I agree with what you're saying.

The same way that if we'd scored at Anfield more gaps would have appeared for us to score more, a bit like Bayern 2015 away, that was a real end to end game after we scored. But instead Valverde put a poor version of a defensive team out and tried to defend the lead.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

And Liverpool Didn't have to deploy men forward when they were down 3-0? Don't get the point you're trying to make. We were in a 10x better position.

Home of Barca Fans