Champions League

serghei

Big game Mbappe coming out. He might be bored of the French league at this point.

Don't blame him, but I expect more dominance in the big games from him. He's just good in a standard way when I watch him. Doesn't stand out like a generational talent.

KingLeo10

Is Mbappe actually that amazing? Most of the time in the big games he's been pretty average for PSG in the CL. Today he's good but doesn't dominate Madrid's defense.

His ceiling is world class/ top 3 in the world. People overhyped him too quickly and he's too reliant on pace.

Didn't make a difference v RM in 17/18 and led an embarrassing exit to United in 18/19. The only match where he's been clutch is v Argentina in the WC. And that was against an ancient Mascherano and the clownshow that the Argentines have in defense.

serghei

Great half from Hazard. Seems to be back in line fitness wise. He's no Ronaldo but he offers some things even Ronaldo didn't for them. But Ronaldo's killer goals at crunch times will be missed in CL for Madrid no doubt.

Hazard is a more disciplined, more hard working, but less great on the ball version of Messi (also with a worse end product by far).

Wha the hell are they doing? It's a pen. and a yellow, textbook.

Last edited:

Tackle

Is Mbappe actually that amazing? Most of the time in the big games he's been pretty average for PSG in the CL. Today he's good but doesn't dominate Madrid's defense.

Always thought he was quite a bit overrated. Mediocre pure dribbler and terrible in the air.

He has good decision making for his age, is rapid, direct and his link up play can be great. Decent skills and a hit and miss finisher.

Nothing about him screams to me he going to be the player to define the next generation like every other bloke has him surely becoming.

World class for a long time? Sure.

Generational? Not so much.

Andresito

Staff member
Don't blame him, but I expect more dominance in the big games from him. He's just good in a standard way when I watch him. Doesn't stand out like a generational talent.

Well it wouldn't look much different if you'd swap him for Messi.
3 defensive midfielders, two very average fullbacks, Di María (lol) and world's biggest poacher .

Home of Barca Fans