Champions League

Hardy

just watched Liverpool's highlights, I wonder if Valverde will seriously have the courage to start with Roberto at Cam Nou. Manè right now is likely the best counter attacking player in the world.

Zidane82

Barca is superior individually and collectively, especially when Messi turns up.

Messi alone could win a game on his own.

And really, Liverpool isn't that good, especially away.
Their high tempo at home can be devastating though.

Well we’re gonna find out how good they are soon enough

Centauri B

just watched Liverpool's highlights, I wonder if Valverde will seriously have the courage to start with Roberto at Cam Nou. Manè right now is likely the best counter attacking player in the world.

Saw extensive highlights of the Porto-Liverpool game myself. The scoreline is astonishingly flattering for Liverpool. Porto were the best team for most of the game. Marega missed as many chances as he did in the first leg.

I think I don't need to stress here that we are somewhat better than Porto in all departments.

KingLeo10

honestly, this forum is becoming an infinite cesspool of whiners.

First it was about Juve and CR7, now it's about Liver fucking pool. They're good, sometimes great but they're nowhere near any of the historic CL teams of the past 10.

It will be a 50/50 tie and I'd favor us 60-40 if we are fully motivated.

Luis Suarez

It used to be the case (back in the halcyon days) that 1st legs were cagey affairs. Teams would be ultra defensive.

Nowadays we see how important 1st leg results are. Teams knowing the importance of scoring and going all out to do so. Away goals (or lack thereof) affecting the rest of the tie.

The Barcelona vs Liverpool tie will be massive. From a Barca lover's perspective, I can't wait for the 1st leg at the Camp Nou: we'll see Barcelona attacking football at its finest, the very essence of beautiful football. Messi and co doing everything to score as many as possible, knowing that the 2nd leg at Anfield will be a pressure cauldron.

Spurs vs Ajax, "Jewish" club vs "Jewish" club, Tribe vs Tribe.

None of the semifinalists defend particularly well so expect cricket/basketball scores :) first time in quite a while that I don't hate any of the final four :)

Pfmpd1

Well, it's us vs Barcelona. I can't wait it is going to be an epic game...

Wait, I mean 2 legs. In a one off game final against Barcelona, I wouldn't be too optimistic. But in a 2 leg tie...im excited.

We love away goals in knockouts and we love building a few goal buffers at home.

I'm going to go and call it that we will progress. I understand that nobody here will agree with me. This is what the CL is all about, playing the best teams around Europe.

On a side note, I think ajax are going to win the CL. And then sadly have their team bought.

Givenchy

Well, it's us vs Barcelona. I can't wait it is going to be an epic game...

Wait, I mean 2 legs. In a one off game final against Barcelona, I wouldn't be too optimistic. But in a 2 leg tie...im excited.

We love away goals in knockouts and we love building a few goal buffers at home.

I'm going to go and call it that we will progress. I understand that nobody here will agree with me. This is what the CL is all about, playing the best teams around Europe.

On a side note, I think ajax are going to win the CL. And then sadly have their team bought.

I think the winner of the Liverpool-Barca tie will take the CL this year, Ajax to fall just short

many people here actually do believe Liverpool will beat us. I'm confident if Messi turns up we make it through but hopefully we see a goal fest

Pfmpd1

Saw extensive highlights of the Porto-Liverpool game myself. The scoreline is astonishingly flattering for Liverpool. Porto were the best team for most of the game. Marega missed as many chances as he did in the first leg.

I think I don't need to stress here that we are somewhat better than Porto in all departments.

Yeah, that's Liverpools strength. Front 3 can go from defending a corner to scoring a goal in about 8 seconds. Barcelona will do well to leave a few men back at all times.

Pfmpd1

I think the winner of the Liverpool-Barca tie will take the CL this year, Ajax to fall just short

many people here actually do believe Liverpool will beat us. I'm confident if Messi turns up we make it through but hopefully we see a goal fest

Im pretty sure our tie is going to be a goal feast, it's going to be epic.

But I'll disagree with you about ajax. They're absolutely fearless. And devastating in attack. I think it will be an ajax Liverpool final and ajax will win.

Centauri B

Im pretty sure our tie is going to be a goal feast, it's going to be epic.

But I'll disagree with you about ajax. They're absolutely fearless. And devastating in attack. I think it will be an ajax Liverpool final and ajax will win.

Liverpool-Barca is the final. The other semi is over who gets silver medal.

Home of Barca Fans