Champions League

A

Almunia

Crap. We should want Madrid to go through (I know, disgusting). A Madrid who has to split their focus between Liga and CL is better for us.

IraqiCulé

Still, I'd love to see RM get eliminated at this stage for the 5th year running.

We have a 7 point cushion, the pressure is still on RM in La Liga.

A

Almunia

Yeah, I get what you mean. I have a hard time being unhappy as well.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It is a paradox isn`t it.
Real out is always a good thing. On the other hand Liverpool doesn`t suit us at all if we draw them + Madrid could throw all their strength in La Liga

A

Almunia

If I actually thought Madrid had any chance of winning the thing, I'd want them out ASAP.

And then there's the whole charm of the CL. Now it looks like it could be like last year; a mini Premiership with us and Bayern (who aren't as good as tonight's score suggest) thrown in. And if we don't pick up our game before facing Pool/Chelsea/Utd, it could get real ugly for us.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Has somebody seen the save of Lahm on the line?

That is what Barça needs. Two men guarding the posts when there is a set piece.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
We usually do that, I guess you are referring to Lyon match
We don't.

Corner kick against Betis for instance. And I can name several occasions if i Check all the conceded goals. I have noticed it a lot.

And I don't think that a man at the post would have prevented the missile from Juninho hitting target. :p

maz

I walk the line
I want real madrid to go through in this tie. We need madrid to take their eye of the liga. If they get a decent run in the CL it will divert their attention. Dont forget they are two-time champions of the league but have not won the CL for a few years.

Not to mention the more games they play means the more chance of them having injuries. And their players getting tired with so many midweek games.

Just as long as they dont go on to win it!

Home of Barca Fans