Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

agnelcaesar80

I know we lost and this is very painful.This pain will be hard to overcome guyz. We still need to support our club.... This will be a turning point for our club....

Hardy

how atrocious, ridiculous and pathetic is the fact that Liverpool covered about 8 km more than us when they played just 3 days ago a brutal match and all our starters had a full week of rest?

LMessi85

Just woke up. Still d
Speechless about the match. I read it many times here and i fully agree: sack valverde and bring a wc coach so that messi will win another cl before his retirement! Why isn't valverde sacked yet?!!!!!!!!!

Kul_z

Its been coming, if it wasnt for ter stegen and messi, this would be exposed much earlier. Now let bbz and all others like him have their say how valverde is a good coach and how we have performed well against big clubs. Fucking clown. Valverde out is our only option, integrate de jong and coutinho in middle or sell, im tired of this stupid 'barca has results' types, we are playing like utter shit two years straight. 'Thug' middlefielders lmao. Ffs, we looked like sevilla level playing against us(liverpool).

JackaL

I have to say I feared Liverpool before we knowing we had to face them. It was the most capable and tactically most challenging team we could have faced. I would have preferred Real Madrid 3 times over Liverpool.

What I am trying to find out is whether we could have played differently against Liverpool. I am not buying into the Artur and more posession argument, Liverpool would have still found their way with that physical approach, pressing and passing style. We were just clinical in the first game, and we had Messi's genius. We could have scored in the first and second half in Anfield too. Imagine Alba not making the mistake and having the guts to shoot instead of passing the ball to Messi's right foot there. Then again Coutinho could have scored, Suarez too. The fact that we gave two clear advantages away, against Rome and Liverpool makes me think about Valverde. But again, even if we won against LFC, we wouldn't have been the better team over two legs.

What I don't get is the tactical approach we had in both games. Both times we let them pressure us for the majority of the game, both times we had clear chances, but so did they. Remember the 3-0 in the first leg was also due to luck, they had at least 4 dangerous shots on target, plus they hit the post.

It's a disappointment!

I can't believe how childish some of you are. Most of whom probably can't even find Barcelona on a map.

Winning the league and probably the Copa del Rey and it's still not enough.

It's football, sometimes you lose. Deal with it.

In our case, it is not just sometimes. I can remember at least about five humiliating losses in the last 5 years in UCL. These humiliating losses have been a routine now.

That should not be considered something normal for a club like Barcelona. This board owes an explanation to the fans.

Howlgrana

Some thoughts:

- Getting the league won so early, having the 'benefit' of resting the entire first 11 the game before this match is not a benefit at all if the manager doesn't ensure his players use this physical advantage by pressing and running during the game. It is not a benefit either if, as a result of the rest, the players arrive for this match looking sluggish and off-tempo with their game. I feared this would happen, the players looked like they were in holiday mode.

- The approach to the game put Barca on the back foot from the first whistle - Valverde opting for a half-way defensive approach with a (shocking) defensive midfield of Vidal, Busi and Raki but an attacking trident of Suarez, Messi and Countinho. There was a disconnect here literally on the pitch and mentally too. Were we trying to defend or get a goal? I don't think the players knew.

- Valverde approached the game like Liverpool had the advantage, in terms of tactics and the mentality of the players, despite what should be an almost unassailable 3-0 lead and the confidence that should breed. The approach should have been the opposite; we have a 3-0 lead and we will kill this game with 1 goal if you attack too openly. Liverpool should have been forced to worry about not conceding that game-killing away goal but Barca only started playing this way from 80 minutes, which was the only time Barca made Liverpool suffer. Absolute failure.

- Valverde does not have the leadership, tactical knowledge or experience to manage at this level. That is absolutely clear. He does not have the leadership as you can see there is no vision or philosophy that he has instilled on these players. He's like a guy standing in the corner trying to not get in their way, that's his small-time mentality as he is a nobody (I had never heard of him until couple years ago) that has not won anything before arriving at Barca. Tactical knowledge is completely absent as was plain to see over these two legs and last year against Roma. Nothing clever or suprising about his approach, rather the opposite.

- You can criticise the players all day long but the fact is they have won nearly everything in the game, so this slack attitude is endemic in the team at this point. Therefore we need a manager that they can respect and listen to, someone who can motivate them. This little dwarf with the big nose with his quiet voice and lack of passion is not the man to do it. Certainly not now, if they had a small amount of belief in him before, it has all but vanished now. Bartomeu most come to this conclusion.

- That said some players clearly do not meet the Barca standard. Standards have fallen. Vidal is not and will never be a Barca player. Why he was purchased was strange, that he is a starting player now in big games an even bigger mystery and betrayal of Barca's DNA and Cruyff's philosophy. Yes he showed some fight but Barca is more than just 'fight'. Countinho they paid double what he is worth and he should have never been signed. He lacks technical qualities (he is too trained in 100mph heavy metal Liverpool football to adjust to Spanish football) and has a small-time mentality and confidence. Again, not the standard of player we need. Raki and Busi are old now and need to be rotated with fresh blood (De Jong for one) next season.

draconifire

We become a laughing stock now. Can't get around it now. No arguments can be made agaisnt it. We ARE a laughing stock.

Lol, congrats to the peeps who won some money out of this. Atleast you knew or had a hunch how shit we are, especially the manager. Congrats./
Fuck the board

RevoTeller

This team is pure trash.
Proven and confirmed once again.

They deserve (bar Messi) all the shitstorm they are getting and even more.

TRASH

JackaL

I also thought he'd change the team after 45mins, I was surprised he tried the same trick he did with Semedo, turning to a 4-4-2. As if Kloppo wasn't watching the first game.

Kuchi

Man, guess what hurts the most is that..it couldn't have been any easier..3 goals up, an opponent missing 2 of their best and a very accessible final opponent..the stars were perfectly aligned, all we had to do is score one fucking goal.

Credit to liverpool, they really did deserve it.

The biggest idiots in modern football is the tag for us, unfortunately.

fergus90

I'm past the point of caring, the players don't care so why should I. it isn't just the Roma defeat, players like Busquets,Suarez and Rakitic have all been apart of pathetic performances the last 3 years in Europe.

The come out and apologise but it's all words, all this self-reflection etc is all a load of horseshit. They deserve every ounce of criticism they get.

Home of Barca Fans