Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Pfmpd1

At the end of the day, football is a sport that requires a lot of running, and we cannot do that. We have 7 players over 30. Liverpool has one. That is the main difference, everything else is noise.

We need to rebuild and that's the end of it. Liverpool taught us that in the clearest way possible.

Maybe, but Messi last week was unplayable. I think the workrate was critical and this week we stuck our chances away.

Add to that the anfield factor, which many people will laugh at. But it really is a horrible stadium for opposition teams.

At least you boys have won your league. Something I'd exchange in a heartbeat.

Well let's reverse it a little. A fiar game? We played against barca playing dark arts. Nothing wrong with that really. Thats experience.

Fair? Suarez purposely injuring Robertson? That was fair?

Spanish police taking tickets off Liverpool fans in Barcelona? Oh, that wasn't on you tube was it like the fountain videos?

Which the couple of people that did that I thought were two nobs that can't handle their ale and should be chinned in return.

Fireworks outside the hotel I've not seen so can't comment,and the petition against Messi again I didn't partake in it.

So by your comment, I take it you think barcelona was hard done by?

No-one talks about Robertson's elbow on Suarez in the first game. The clear penalty on Matip which didn't even go to VAR. The clear foul by Milner and Fabinho on Messi which the VICTIMS turned in to Messi's fault. Mane's ridiculous dives which are overlooked because he wears a VICTIM shirt. Fabinho clutching his face when Busquets pulled out and hit his shoulder getting Busi booked - the same Fabinho that cheated vs Newcastle to keep you in the title race. Roberston hitting Messi's head early doors - Messi's fault again. And then you talk about Barca's 'dark arts'? Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Centauri B

Anyone can tell us where to find the stats of the WORKATE of this match ? I want to know about the workrate of both teams. I'm sure there is a big difference; we're too slow and passive!
+ We have 6 starter players who have more than 30 years. That's a lot! Considering that we didn't play to dominate the midfield and the ball, we played to defend ! lol. At least we should have played Arthur to defend with ball posssession!

7 players over 30:

1. Messi, almost 32
2. Surez 32+
3. Pique 32+
4. Vidal 32 in a couple of weeks
5. Rakitic 31
6. Alba 30
7. Busquets, almost 31

SwiftGuyver

Origi milner shakiri.. lmao... all are never world class players, you can make a case for some of them being ex-lords lmao.. we were crushed 4-0 by some good ole lordslmao

Doesn't matter. They have a world class coach and they are a genuine team who are well organised, well drilled, work for each other tirelessly and never give up.

They also have some world class players such as Alisson, van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Mane etc and two of their world class talents didn't even play tonight (Firmino & Salah)!

Milner is hugely underrated by many as well. Great player and he has more passion, fight, heart and belief than every single player in our squad except Messi.

Ahmedd

I don't get how a manager can throw away a 3 goal advantage 2 years in a row. It's unheard of. No other top team would do that.

Valverde tries to set up this "attacking" football, but he doesn't have the midfield for it. We have no creativity in the midfield if you have Vidal, Rakitic and Busquets as your starting midfield. There's literally no control with that midfield. It's a dangerous formation to have if you have no creativity in the midfield. They're too defensive.... and those 3 players can't really pass the ball all that well. He might as well went with a 4411 and had Roberto/Arthur in the midfield and Semedo starting at RB. We literally could have afforded to sit deep and frustrate Liverpool and got them on the counter-attack tonight. I think if you're going to have a 433 formation, you need to have pace in your team..... like Malcom and Semedo. Then you need someone who can control the tempo in the midfield, someone like Arthur.

Hey, but what do I know? I'm not getting paid millions like that idiot in charge.

And what about our right flank ? Why not try Messi as a true 10 and put two DM behind him ? With a proper RW and RB. When we had Iniesta and Dani we still had enough creativity to play with only one RB to cover the right flank and a 433 type mid. Now we don't have those anymore. Our right flank is so empty that even Van Dijk went up there.

Kuavo

No-one talks about Robertson's elbow on Suarez in the first game. The clear penalty on Matip which didn't even go to VAR. The clear foul by Milner and Fabinho on Messi which the VICTIMS turned in to Messi's fault. Mane's ridiculous dives which are overlooked because he wears a VICTIM shirt. Fabinho clutching his face when Busquets pulled out and hit his shoulder getting Busi booked - the same Fabinho that cheated vs Newcastle to keep you in the title race. Roberston hitting Messi's head early doors - Messi's fault again. And then you talk about Barca's 'dark arts'? Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

You can blame whatever you want, but dropping a 3-0 lead is all that it boils down to. Calling Liverpool victims is also very disrespectful re. Hillsborough, show some respect please.

The team needs a massive rehaul, I think we've all known this for a couple of years now, beginning with the coach.

Centauri B

Maybe, but Messi last week was unplayable. I think the workrate was critical and this week we stuck our chances away.

Add to that the anfield factor, which many people will laugh at. But it really is a horrible stadium for opposition teams.

At least you boys have won your league. Something I'd exchange in a heartbeat.

Yes, we have Messi, but even though he is the GOAT, he can't be saving our asses every single game. Most of our players are at the end of their careers, it was just a matter of when this would become brutally obvious. Liverpool made it brutally obvious a few hours ago, this is the truth of the matter.

Of course Anfield is a factor, but if we had prime Xavi/Iniesta/Alves, we could never lose 4-0. Not in a million years, we are simply not good enough anymore. Many teams have come to Anfield and got a far better result than 4-0.

As for winning leagues. Liverpool is the only big European club that has not been able to do it, partly due to fluctuations in your performance over the years, partly due to EPL depth in Top 4 (even 6, now) and partly due to bad luck.

But winning leagues is a footnote next to the European Cup. Barcelona, Juventus, PSG, Bayern Munich, and even Man City are all a bunch of losers compared to where you are right now. The European Cup is the pinnacle of World football, even better than the World Cup if you ask me.

Look at United. They have 20 leagues, but only 3 CLs. Look at Juventus, what 35 Scudetti, but only 2 European Cups. Look at us, we have dominated Real Madrid domestically, but we lag badly in CLs. City/Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs and even United are envious of you. All of Europe, especially us, are now envious of you. This is the truth.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Why are comebacks so common nowadays? I remember when we lost against Milan 2-0 and then won 4-0 back in 2013, that was the first time a team overcame a 2 goal deficit since Champions League re-branding (so first time in 20 ish years). Since then it's been happening once or more every season it feels like. Madrid-Wolfsburg, Barca-PSG, Roma-Barca, Man Utd-PSG, Juve-Atletico, Liverpool-Barca...

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Have placed a bet now - after Salah is confirmed out. 300 bucks on Liverpool advancing.

If Barca chokes this epically I better have something to wipe my tears away with.

Hope I never see that money in my life.

Be honest are you happy or sad ? :lol: :lol:

PhilS

I though Vidal played a petty good game He was in the moment, matched the LP athleticism and aggression, was not knocked off his game by the atmosphere.

Short list of Barca players to praise. The rest were out of it, like they were in a fog, for the entire game. Semedo and Arthur were a bit better, but they are just not good enough to swing a game.

Alba had one good play on offense, terrible day at the office. Busquets and Rakitic were really bad, Suarez bad. Coutinho one good play, otherwise just worthless. Messi tried, but was off.

Give Liverpool credit, they were really good.

gregorrin10

I though Vidal played a petty good game He was in the moment, matched the LP athleticism and aggression, was not knocked off his game by the atmosphere.

Short list of Barca players to praise. The rest were out of it, like they were in a fog, for the entire game. Semedo and Arthur were a bit better, but they are just not good enough to swing a game.

Alba had one good play on offense, terrible day at the office. Busquets and Rakitic were really bad, Suarez bad. Coutinho one good play, otherwise just worthless. Messi tried, but was off.

Give Liverpool credit, they were really good.

They were good because we let them. Simple as that.

Home of Barca Fans