Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

HanDW

Suarez, Rakitic and Sergi Roberto need to go. The first two are done and have no future here. Sergi is just trash as a RB and doesn't have enough level to be a reliable MF.

Busi can stay only if he accepts a bench role (like 14/15 Xavi), never as an starter or as an important core of the team anymore.

Coutinho, nothing to say, needs to go too.

Maxim4

Sorry my bad English but I had to write this letter to have my feelings out.

It is very clear that we lack physicality and muscularity.

Of course Barcelona DNA is built on intelligence, technicality and teamwork - but even in the glory days we had various negro workers with physicality and drive. Now? A team of slow dwarfs. Even our non-technical players are weak like Rakitic. Sergi Roberto has no business at right back...he is one of the least physical players in history. He might not even have a place in the team. Lenglet? A symbol for everything wrong with this team.

Unfortunately our negro players such as Dembele, Semedo and Malcom also cannot be trusted. Maybe they have the physicality but they have zero brain. I know there is a trade off, but the small amount they bring is not enough to accept the deal.

Look at Mane, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Arnold, Origi....these negro players are VITAL to the team for their running for 90 minutes, physical strength. Maybe none are at the pinnacle of technical quality but they make the team function cohesively.

We are a team of physically weak, slow, sideways passers...a few brainless clowns, and Messi.

Our first thought should be Pogba, Kante, Ferland Mendy etc.

what a fucking racist you are.
to be black or white footballer has no difference.
you should be banished here for your racist remarks.

Centauri B

Why are comebacks so common nowadays? I remember when we lost against Milan 2-0 and then won 4-0 back in 2013, that was the first time a team overcame a 2 goal deficit since Champions League re-branding (so first time in 20 ish years). Since then it's been happening once or more every season it feels like. Madrid-Wolfsburg, Barca-PSG, Roma-Barca, Man Utd-PSG, Juve-Atletico, Liverpool-Barca...

You are absolutely right. Also, last season, Real Madrid beat Juventus 0-3 away and then were losing 3-0 at home until they were awarded a soft penaldo.

Valverde needs to be fucking fired. No one is going to convince me that it is normal your team bottle a three goal lead two times in a row (one of them being against a very average team and the other one against a team with their best players injured). That is unacceptable, especially when you have a team of Barcelona quality in your hands. He has no business staying here anymore, he really should leave.

Our UCL runs lately have been so embarrassing, it's ridiculous. I think the last time we lost with some dignity was against Chelsea in 2012.

jairzinho

Why are comebacks so common nowadays? I remember when we lost against Milan 2-0 and then won 4-0 back in 2013, that was the first time a team overcame a 2 goal deficit since Champions League re-branding (so first time in 20 ish years). Since then it's been happening once or more every season it feels like. Madrid-Wolfsburg, Barca-PSG, Roma-Barca, Man Utd-PSG, Juve-Atletico, Liverpool-Barca...

It’s been happening a lot because of Naivety and poor tactics. Winning the first leg even by 3 goal margin doesn’t guarantee that you win the tie. You still have to go the 2nd leg and play good football. Sitting back, soaking up pressure or parking the bus doesn’t work all the time, unless the team is built like a mid 90’s Italian team. And even then, nothing is guaranteed. Look at Athleti for example.

Barcilliant

Our prestige, respect and fear factor as a club have vanished today.

The contest looked like a PITBULL vs a medicated Chihuahua.

It may take years before we recover from this blow.

Shame on Valverde, shame on the team. No heart, no desire.... Nothing.

Let the heads roll. It's about time.

Valverde needs to be fucking fired. No one is going to convince me that it is normal your team bottle a three goal lead two times in a row (one of them being against a very average team and the other one against a team with their best players injured). That is unacceptable, especially when you have a team of Barcelona quality in your hands. He has no business staying here anymore, he really should leave.

Our UCL runs lately have been so embarrassing, it's ridiculous. I think the last time we lost with some dignity was against Chelsea in 2012.

We've lost 4 -0 away in Italy, Germany, France and now England. Completed the set. This group won't win it again with that mental scarring. End of an era .

tacticvarium

This era was already done when Xavi left.
Having Messi didn't mean anything and create any difference at least in the CL for the past years.
It's just a continuation of another humiliation with a retarded manager.

Also, we should get a world class manager. It won't matter too much if we sack Valverde and then get another second rate manager. We've been having average or mediocre managers for years now. The last world class manager we had was Pep and even him wasn't a big name at the time. We were gambling with him too. We've been wasting Messi career and not exploring his full potential because of those mediocre managers we had.

We really should get a big name, someone notoriously good for his tactics and that is respected by the players. Just look how Liverpool improved since they got Klopp. We should do something similar. I'm tired of watching this team getting exposed just because tactically we're not up there.

Last edited:
Also, we should get a world class manager. It won't matter too much if we sack Valverde and then get another second rate manager. We've been having average or mediocre managers for years now. The last world class manager we had was Pep and even him wasn't a big name at the time. We've been wasting Messi career and not exploring his full potential because of those mediocre managers we had.

We really should get a big name, someone notoriously good for his tactics and that is respected by the players. Just look how Liverpool improved since they got Klopp. We should do something similar. I'm tired of watching this team getting exposed just because tactically we're not up there.

A top manager is the least of it. We also need a new LW a new ST and a attacking midfielder to replace Iniesta, in a market where hardly any great players are available to buy in these positions. De Ligt will sort the defense if Semedo becomes a regular so at least we are sorted there.

Adversus

Also, we should get a world class manager. It won't matter too much if we sack Valverde and then get another second rate manager. We've been having average or mediocre managers for years now. The last world class manager we had was Pep and even him wasn't a big name at the time. We were gambling with him too. We've been wasting Messi career and not exploring his full potential because of those mediocre managers we had.

Klopp couldn't manage Barca's squad. There is no way he could get Busquets, Suarez and Messi to put in the same work rate. He has obviously tried to bring a bit of that with Vidal but the truth is you can change a culture of a team overnight. The players would get rid of him.
It's why Pep left in the first place.

Barcilliant

We've lost before but this was such a cowardly, entitled performance that it stands out as the darkest night in the clubs history. In 30 years of supporting Barca I've never felt this depressed and we ve had plenty of shit performances.

This was an end of an era and a lack of guts shown by a bunch of overrated fuckers.

Autechre

People actually still pissing their pants about Ainfield next week? Lmao, enjoy hiding under your covers...while winners like me will be celebrating making the CL final.

We will probably beat them there too.

Liverpool’s midfield and defense are horrendous.

This aged well.

Home of Barca Fans