Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Neymessi

I wouldn’t discount them just yet !!

If City win tonight I can see Liverpool going at us like madmen but if City draw or lose ( both entirely possible ) then I’m wondering if Klopp will concentrate on the final league match of to get the EPL trophy ?!?

He’s got unbelievable injury concerns .. no Firmino or Salah or Keita for our game and even VVD missed training !!

If city draws or lose then it is a no brainer that they will go all out for Epl and start a mediocre lineup against us.

Winning against us is a long shot for them to say the least and if City drops points then winning the league will be pretty easy to accomplish.

neo_wolf

No excuses, our players are rested and have fresh legs, liverpool players must not be so fresh. We should go for the win.

Giginho75

To be careful mostly in the first twenty minutes.

Liverpool will try to attack from the first minute.
We have to be able to manage the ball and to create quickly scoring attempts and problem for their defence.

Not so simple, but Barca is a great team.

Remembering Rome, Paris and Turin.
Focused and ready.

We have three goals of vantage, but it would be nice to stay unbeated.

soul24rage

my lineup for this match would be

(442) MATS---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba---Rakitic, Busi, Arthur, Vidal---Messi, Suarez

Liverpool will go for everything from the first minute and press very high. We're going to need Arthur to help Busi be press resistant, control the match better and get the ball out of our half.
Sub in Bob (most likely for Arthur) for energy and pace.
Maybe Malcom for Suarez if we need pace upfront.

jairzinho

my lineup for this match would be

(442) MATS---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba---Rakitic, Busi, Arthur, Vidal---Messi, Suarez

Liverpool will go for everything from the first minute and press very high. We're going to need Arthur to help Busi be press resistant, control the match better and get the ball out of our half.
Sub in Bob (most likely for Arthur) for energy and pace.
Maybe Malcom for Suarez if we need pace upfront.

I would start Arthur too but i Doubt Ernie would start him tomorrow after starting him on Saturday.

Most likely he'll play the same lineup from the first leg.

serghei

I am not saying we are already through. I am not saying they don't have a great European tradition or a great team right now that can hurt us, of course they do.

What I am questioning is this blind faith they are displaying in some exaggerated tradition of great European comebacks. I am willing to wager that we have more (possibly, significantly more) great European comebacks of our own.

Heh. You know what they say right? There's two things you find in Liverpool most. Beatles statues, and deluded fans.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Amusing to read RAWK.

"The club of great comebacks", "This is Anfield", "We are gonna give them hell", "Anfield under the lights", "The spirit of Instabul", "Great European nights at Anfield"

You effin' scouse mofos, if your lot is so incredibly AWESOME under the Anfield lights on European nights, why have you won just one fluky CL in 35 years????

I admire their spirit.

clemente

Yeah this tie is over, VVD, Salah, Firmino is literally their whole team, and with Keita out too I don't understand how they still have hopes.
Ofc not writing off EV philosophy to allow a comeback

raskolnikov

Something is definitely fishy here :lol:

I think they are keeping it 50/50 depending on City tonight. Do they drop points they go all in for the league and let this cl tie slide. If city wins then Van dijk and ox be magically fit tomorrow for that hail mary effort.

Kul_z

I think they are keeping it 50/50 depending on City tonight. Do they drop points they go all in for the league and let this cl tie slide. If city wins then Van dijk and ox be magically fit tomorrow for that hail mary effort.

Exactly, but somehow thats a good sign. They are aware that they're exhausted and they have to give their all against us and probably go out and also go with nothing in premiership later this weekend. Its their fault, they had 7 points advantage before city tie and they bottled it first class.
Just get the job done, i dont care about hammering them, scoreless draw, losing by two goal margin, whatever just get to that final

George_Costanza

WTF is going on? why best Liverpool players are all injured suddenly? Did Valverde borrow Zidan's black magic book?

hqdefault.jpg

Home of Barca Fans