Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

serghei

I'm quite relaxed, and I hope we can enjoy a great game and be satisfied with the team at the end. There are slim chances this game will be the difference maker. Most likely we'll have to win our ticked to Madrid in England.

Really don't think we will lose this game. A win by 2 goals would be spectacular. Even a 3-1 would be amazing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Liverpool fan here who watches Barca almost as much as LFC. Purely on a football side of things rather than endless childish 'we gonna batter you', 'you ain't won shit for 30 years' ;) This is the dream tie for me as I have drooled over Barca's football at their best for years now. Obviously Barca not at their best comparatively but their second or third best is better than 99% of teams in the world.

There will be no surprises in this match in terms of tactics - Barca will seek endless possession and try to prise open a very good LFC backline, while LFC will seek to counter with pace. I think both teams will therefore score unless something like a red card disrupts the script. I think Barca are rightly favourites and expect them to score 2-3 goals as although LFC's defence is brilliant in the EPL they rarely face attacks of this quality and frankly I doubt them when under constant pressure. Also Barca have to go all out in this home leg - it's their raison d'etre, and have the ability to blow teams apart when fully ramped up and motivated. I see a one or two goal lead for Barca with a likely away goal for LFC setting up a tense return leg.

Overall I'm excited to see Messi play - he is simply the very best player ever to walk this earth and no one but none including Pele or Maradonna were even in the same league as him. Enjoy him while he lasts ;)

So prediction is Barca win, Messi to score and LFC away goal :hooray:

Welcome!

We sure are lucky to have Messi. Enjoy the match :beer:

raskolnikov

I have a bad feeling about today, Valverde cant outmatch Liverpool cause he dont know how to do it, lets pray that our Messiah is on point tonight

Damn, I hope not. Have been slighy nervous all day at work because of this match. Really excited about a fun good game. If we somehow got trashed in a way it made the return useless it would really ruin my day.
I still feel Barcaforum more often than not is too pessimistic about the team. Its more even then given credit for and we have Messi. So still hoping for a great result.

Centauri B

Its about net-spending, Lfc hasnt spend close to those three clubs. City, chelsea and psg are the three main reasons why football has become more about money than anything else.

I dont see that viewpoint to be fitting, but if thats they way you see, fine. PSG is imo a much bigger threat to our club than liverpool. As said, they have already taken neymar from us, arguably mbappe, skyrocket the price of de jong and almost taken him if it werent for barto, tried to pursued messi, segio and xavi also, and probably other players i dont recall right now.

The reason football is all about money, is because money rules the world. It's a universal principle that has been with us for a very long time. I agree that PSG are a pain on our butts, but so are Liverpool who may destroy our dreams for a 3rd Treble. Liverpool can also leapfrog us in total CL titles won, which is something that PSG/City/Chelsea will never be able to do. Also, Liverpool may be somewhat poorer than City/PSG/Real Madrid, but they are still one of the very richest clubs in the world and we should consider them as a mortal danger. Liverpool winning this is very bad news for us on multiple levels: a) We miss chance to do another Treble, b) We miss chance to go clear of Liverpool/Bayern in the all-time standings, and go one behind Liverpool, c) We waste one more of Messi's last few years.

Centauri B

This forum is embarrassingly pessimistic. We have at least 50% chance of going through. I think the team has not played a single game at 100% this season. Tonight will be the time to do it.

MessiTBE

Banned
People will see tonight why I think we will get beat by Liverpool. We are so perfect for Liverpool, the way we play, so perfect for their counter attack football

kobby

What makes Liverpool so scary? I have to admit I dont watch them frequently but based on their results, they're not prime Barca or even 2013 Bayern. The only impressive result I see from them is 1-3 against a flaccid Bayern side. Besides that, all their results are normal, both in Europe and domestically. They drew 0-0 in a must-win league game against Man United. Same United we recently beat, barely playing out of first gear. There is a reason they are behind City domestically---even with all their ridiculous luck.

kobby

People will see tonight why I think we will get beat by Liverpool. We are so perfect for Liverpool, the way we play, so perfect for their counter attack football

Why do you say this? From what I've seen, teams that play like us seems to give Liverpool problems: Napoli, PSG and Spurs (the only beat spurs thanks to a fortuitous goal and terrible shooting from the Spurs forwards). Heck, even Roma last season almost overturned the 5-2 deficit from the first leg against them.

mesiesta

So it's about 4 hours left for the kick-off. I think Valverde will start Roberto, Arthur and Coutinho today (the rest of the team I think everyone knows already). Hope they will have a good match, especially Coutinho.

Givenchy

many (fans) see us as underdogs in this tie which is strange BUT i think thats what this squad needs, extra motivation. over the past 5 years we always go into matches as the favourites and end up taking our foot off the gas

if Coutinho starts, extra pressure on Messi as he and Suarez are fucking useless.

the real mistake would be Bob vs Mane though

read in some twitter feed that klopp will go quite defensive and let barca the ball for the most of the time while defending in a 4-5-1.

you think that could be the case? imo he will switch between crazy pressure and sitting deep.

Of course he will, English clubs have been terrified in Camp Nou since TV was in black and white. It's obvious that people have been fooled by the EPL marketing and its fans arrogance. They will come as they always do - scared.

raskolnikov

They used to say the same about Madrid back in the day yet we often owned them. Its not as simple as you would think beforehand. Naive slow barca walking into counters getting owned like vs Bayern in 2013. Atleast I hope Valverde and the team are smarter than that haha.

What makes Liverpool so scary? I have to admit I dont watch them frequently but based on their results, they're not prime Barca or even 2013 Bayern. The only impressive result I see from them is 1-3 against a flaccid Bayern side. Besides that, all their results are normal, both in Europe and domestically. They drew 0-0 in a must-win league game against Man United. Same United we recently beat, barely playing out of first gear. There is a reason they are behind City domestically---even with all their ridiculous luck.

What makes Liverpool so scary? A forum full of cuckold Barca fans that's what. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans