Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Havesaks

Look, if we are such evil hateful "anti-Valverde" fans, how would it ever be a "win" situation for us? You basically just contradicted yourself.

More like it's an excuse for you to "win" while looking like a saint alongside naysayers just in case EV fails.

For us, the criticism for Valverde has never been a win or lose, it's just EV fans being obsessed with bringing up results. Intertwining us with your simplistic flawed argument is kinda tiresome while trying make people out like they want their team to lose. Like I said, it all depends on the tactics and lineup that night and how well the coach prepares the team against the opposition.

Who said anything about evil?

No, its just been obvious for a while, that the anti-valverde fan fraction, for some time have been pretty irrational in rating him, and claims like "its not about winning or losing but tactics applied and lineup" is just underlining my point. The best indicator and prove for if the manager does good decion-making in regard to tactics, rotation, man-management, are, suprise suprise: results. Thats why people call you out on you coach-managers opinion - somehow this team cant stop winning since day 1 despite consensus was this team wont win titles in season 1 no matter who the manager was, and since EV has taken a more pragmatic tactical approach (due to our aging core) no matter how good results he produces, its not enough. You just want him out. I find it hillarious that results are this good, but somehow a guy on the internet knows better even tho the results are a lot better than what you can expect or what even was expected by almost every single user on this board summer 2017. I get why one would be opposed to the style, not that I agree to compromize results by playing more joyful and pretty, but that would make somewhat sense, but when you start arguing that Valverdes decision not produce the best results - because that what you are indicating - then it just pretty ironic when the results never have been better under any manager, not even the idol Pep Guardiola who btw just exited the tournement because of his die-hard believes.

I have read too many posts like "dont care if Valverde wins treble, he needs to go" - its just doesnt make sense.

No, I dont say anyghing about the fraction wanting us to lose. I said its a win-win sitation, so dont start making up.

clemente

Who said anything about evil?

No, its just been obvious for a while, that the anti-valverde fan fraction, for some time have been pretty irrational in rating him, and claims like "its not about winning or losing but tactics applied and lineup" is just underlining my point. The best indicator and prove for if the manager does good decion-making in regard to tactics, rotation, man-management, are, suprise suprise: results. Thats why people call you out on you coach-managers opinion - somehow this team cant stop winning since day 1 despite consensus was this team wont win titles in season 1 no matter who the manager was, and since EV has taken a more pragmatic tactical approach (due to our aging core) no matter how good results he produces, its not enough. You just want him out. I find it hillarious that results are this good, but somehow a guy on the internet knows better even tho the results are a lot better than what you can expect or what even was expected by almost every single user on this board summer 2017. I get why one would be opposed to the style, not that I agree to compromize results by playing more joyful and pretty, but that would make somewhat sense, but when you start arguing that Valverdes decision not produce the best results - because that what you are indicating - then it just pretty ironic when the results never have been better under any manager, not even the idol Pep Guardiola who btw just exited the tournement because of his die-hard believes.

I have read too many posts like "dont care if Valverde wins treble, he needs to go" - its just doesnt make sense.

No, I dont say anyghing about the fraction wanting us to lose. I said its a win-win sitation, so dont start making up.

Here we go, the only thing EV apologists can say is "there are results", whats the point to even write anything? Our football is pathetic, and we got knocked out by Roma last season, this season we haven't faced a serious opposition yet, Lyon and MU are the luckiest road to semis possible. And it makes complete sense that people don't want this defensive 0 chasing even if we win a treble, Ajax are playing more attractive football than us, stop acting like you're blind and everything is perfect.

Centauri B

Here we go, the only thing EV apologists can say is "there are results", whats the point to even write anything? Our football is pathetic, and we got knocked out by Roma last season, this season we haven't faced a serious opposition yet, Lyon and MU are the luckiest road to semis possible. And it makes complete sense that people don't want this defensive 0 chasing even if we win a treble, Ajax are playing more attractive football than us, stop acting like you're blind and everything is perfect.

It's not just that there are results, there are *awesome* results. Literally, we had one bad result in two years. Just look at the great Man City of the "genius" Pep. Failing pathetically in the CL for 3 years in a row. Whom did they face? Monaco, last year's mediocre Liverpool & Spurs?

Look at Real Madrid. EV's team has humiliated them domestically two seasons running. Look at Juventus (a team many clueless pseudo-experts) thought were the favorites for this season's CL. Look at super-expensive PSG (the less said, the better) Look at super-rich United, we eliminated them without braking a sweat. Look at Spurs managed by the "brilliant" Pochettino, we put 4 past them in their own ground, and should have been at least 6. Look at Atleti, playing second fiddle to us in LL and failing in the CL two seasons in a row. Look at Bayern, how much they would like to be in our position right now. Look at Dortmund, getting humiliated by Spurs.

And yes, we cannot play the sexy football we did when we had peak Xavi, peak Iniesta and peak Alves. It's simply impossible with the lesser players we have right now.

If we eliminate Liverpool in the next few days, then EV's triumph will be complete and total. And all our so-called fans as well as all the so-called experts who have been waxing lyrical about Pep/Jose/Klopp/Poch/Allegri etc etc etc and at the same time laughing at EV, will be having humble pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a long time to come.

serghei

Haven't lost a game at home to an English side in Europe since the 2007 loss vs Liverpool. 12 years.

Ahmedd

In 2015 we started the season slow too. I hated Luis Enrique’s football but the team managed somehow to put itself in a strong/confident mindset. Even if we are not the best we could possibly be (I think we are weaker than in 2015) we have a good «*treble mode*» mindset. Rm wasn’t the best team last year but always managed to pull a win because of their confidence I think.

vlad

Barca handled easily tottenham in the group stage, same tottenham that is now in semis and kicked out mighty pep, barca did put 4 goal past them in england, and got 1:1 with mixed line up. Its about time barca get lucky with the draw until semis, nothing wrong in that. Fail vs roma isnt only on valverde, players are also responsible

No one is saying that barca is perfect, also who would thought that 300m signings would be so inconsistent. Barca's squad is quite old, i would not use ajax for example, they always try to play such football, we used to see them getting trashed in groups, now they won jackpot with the coach and great generation, thats quite rare. Suarez is past his prime, messi is messi, but his workrate is poor and barca needs to sacriface 1 player to cover pitch for him, thats rakitic, who is often getting bashed here due to his lack of attacking skills while his high workrate is ignored, then you see roberto going in attack along right flank, without option to pass, then barca isnt able to counter attack due to lack of workrate from front 3, thats still fine in la kiga, but barca is getting exposed in CL because of that, we shouldnt ignore those stats how barca is one of the lowest team when it comes to covering the pitch, while saying that, its alot on valverde, but its also on the players.

Last edited:

Centauri B

Haven't lost a game at home to an English side in Europe since the 2007 loss vs Liverpool. 12 years.

Off the top of my head:

2008: 0-0 vs United (semi-final)
2009: 0-0 vs Chelsea (semifinal)
2010: 4-1 vs Arsenal (quarterfinal)
2011: 3-1 vs Arsenal (Last 16)
2012: 2-2 vs Chelsea (semifinal)
2014: 2-1 vs Man City (Last 16)
2015: 1-0 vs City (Last 16)
2016: 3-1 vs Arsenal (Last 16)
2016: 4-0 vs Man City (GS)
2018: 3-0 vs Chelsea (Last 16)
2018: 1-1 vs Spurs (GS) -> dead rubber for us, playing B-team. Do-or-die for Spurs.
2019: 3-0 vs Man Utd (quarterfinal)

jamrock

What's with all this "genius" pep, talk I've been seeing all over the board these days.

Are we saying pep is not the most visionary manager of this generation? By a long long way?.

Because I'm not understanding.

defyqa

And yes, we cannot play the sexy football we did when we had peak Xavi, peak Iniesta and peak Alves. It's simply impossible with the lesser players we have right now.

Hmmmm. How can Ajax play sexy football then? Do they have better players?

Centauri B

What's with all this "genius" pep, talk I've been seeing all over the board these days.

Are we saying pep is not the most visionary manager of this generation? By a long long way?.

Because I'm not understanding.

Yet his CL results without us, are what exactly?

vlad

Hmmmm. How can Ajax play sexy football then? Do they have better players?

They have young, talented and hungry for trophies players, compare that to barca.

They dont have that 1 player who can do wonders when things doesnt look good, like barca have messi, so they have to play as a team, dont get me wrong here, ernesto takes blame for that, but players also, its easier for them to just pass the ball to messi

Last edited:

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
Marcus rashford could have scored after 45 sec if i remember. Anything can happen in this game.

Kul_z

A bit nervous, but the thing that no one from madrid fags, qsg, juve wont win cl makes me relaxed. Let the football win, visca barca!

Home of Barca Fans