Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Centauri B

�� So true.

They deserve our contempt. I am a working class stiff who has to perform daily or I get fired. I do it to put food on the table for my family. Fuck me if I'll feel sorry for these overpaid frauds. We should feel for people like cops, nurses and other important jobs where they are paid nothing and still do a great job day in day out.

Love Barca and football but fuck these overpaid cockriaches.

It's not that we should despise football players, or anything like that, but my bombastic and slightly vulgar comment was meant to underscore the degree to which professional football players have it good, and portraying them as some kind of victims or oppressed underclass is inane to the extreme. Yes, they have feelings and all, but a degree of perspective is necessary here.

Daniele

Gruesome night for Barca. Liverpool deserved to win. Barca, since many years, is no more a team but a set of individualities. The only idea is waiting for Messi's magic. But you cant rely only on one player to win trophies like CL. Hope for a new manager next year with a different idea of football.

serghei

Yup. Full circle.

What a couple of days. Horror. But I'd lie if I say a little part of me didn't expect that after last year.

Exactly. We could get so dumb that we would park the bus in the opponent's half. The attacking team would be confused and they would score an own goal trying to unlock it.

:worthy: Valverde

dave4167

Valverde was at fault for last night's pathetic surrender.

Instead of playing a more defensive side at Anfield to stop Liverpool scoring 4 goals, he fielded a team to win a game at Camp Nou. 2 year on the bounce, he's been found out as an average manager in charge of a declining Barcelona squad held together by the brilliance of the greatest player of all time.

It should have been Pique, Lenglet, and either Vermalen or Umtiti in a back 3 with Alba and Semedo as wing backs. Arthur, Busquets and Rakitic in the middle with Messi just behind Suarez up front. The object was to qualify not to win on the night. Hats off to Liverpool who along with Spurs tonight have shown that determination and belief can take you anywhere.

This is the end for the Barcelona team of the last decade. Time to root out the dead wood and start from scratch like Real Madrid are having to do, starting with the sale of Coutinho who isn't good enough for the bench at a club like Barcelona. Either go back for Neymar or go for Dybala/Mbappe.

A long term replacement for Suarez is needed and in truth was needed this season. Imagine a club the size of Barcelona having only 1 recognized quality striker? Aguero would fill that space for 2 or 3 seasons and give time for a long term replacement to be found. But first and foremost, they need to sack Valverde and go with either Pochettino or Conte until Xavi is ready to bring back the good times.

If only there was a way of cloning Messi once every 20 years.

FCBfan22

Exactly. We could get so dumb that we would park the bus in the opponent's half. The attacking team would be confused and they would score an own goal trying to unlock it.

:worthy: Valverde

Yeah. And even Messi and Suarez would defend if we parked the bus in opponent's half...

hooddocumentary1.png

people said that we were overconfident, but i don't buy it. madrid went balls out in the last 3 years and never gave a fuck. teams were even scared of them. when you are a serial winner that should be the mentality. sure you might suffer, you might get lucky, but in the end you can't bottle it like that, if your barcelona or real.

we just shit the bed, complacency at it's finest.

Agree.
It's about mentality, and. Unfortunately this team doesn't have it.
We have barely seen our players calling each other out on the field
And once we are down on the scorelines against a tough opponent , we usually see players looking at the ground.and walking around
The winning mentality is lacking in Barcelona
Self belief is gone

FatSuarez

Another Liverpool fan showing us they have a great team, but the most deluded and retarded fans in the world.

Their second stringers ran Barca into the ground with two days rest. Maybe they're not a great team, and what does that say about this Barca...

Centauri B

Valverde was at fault for last night's pathetic surrender.

Instead of playing a more defensive side at Anfield to stop Liverpool scoring 4 goals, he fielded a team to win a game at Camp Nou. 2 year on the bounce, he's been found out as an average manager in charge of a declining Barcelona squad held together by the brilliance of the greatest player of all time.

It should have been Pique, Lenglet, and either Vermalen or Umtiti in a back 3 with Alba and Semedo as wing backs. Arthur, Busquets and Rakitic in the middle with Messi just behind Suarez up front. The object was to qualify not to win on the night. Hats off to Liverpool who along with Spurs tonight have shown that determination and belief can take you anywhere.

This is the end for the Barcelona team of the last decade. Time to root out the dead wood and start from scratch like Real Madrid are having to do, starting with the sale of Coutinho who isn't good enough for the bench at a club like Barcelona. Either go back for Neymar or go for Dybala/Mbappe.

A long term replacement for Suarez is needed and in truth was needed this season. Imagine a club the size of Barcelona having only 1 recognized quality striker? Aguero would fill that space for 2 or 3 seasons and give time for a long term replacement to be found. But first and foremost, they need to sack Valverde and go with either Pochettino or Conte until Xavi is ready to bring back the good times.

If only there was a way of cloning Messi once every 20 years.

You are right.

I am still amazed at why Messi & Suarez did not retreat in the beginning of the 2nd half in order to help our struggling midfield & defense. If Liverpool did not score early in the 2nd half, the tie was over.

As a Liverpool fan reading [MENTION=23825]LFC7[/MENTION] I just had to register and give my 5%.

I'm norwegian so excuse my poor english.

When I grew up I always considered Barcelona to be the spanish "Liverpool", while Real Madrid was the spanish version of "Manchester United". I have no idea why. Probably because every United fan was supporting Real Madrid as their second team due to them winning in that specific period of time. You know, some fans just pick the current number 1 as their team.

Anyway, this made me support Barcelona to some extent. Later on I've been to Barcelona on noumerous occations, and even watching random matches in 2010-2012 where the team was by far the best team in Europe. Definitely my favourite big city in Europe as well. Friendly people all over the place and a purely a beautiful city. Compared to Paris I would say the reputation Paris has got as a nice city is a huuuge fraud after visiting Barcelona.
However, back to football. Ive been on several matches with Liverpool. 2005 in Istanbul etc, but for me the match that really stands out is the one we had at home against you in 06/07 when we lost, but went through on away goals.
This game made me respect Barcelona fans so much. The pre-match build up was something I have never ever experienced before or after this match. We sung together in the pubs before the match as friends and had mutual respect for one another and the whole sequence was so friendly all over the place. "Luis Garcia drink sangria etc". Seriously one of my best experiences as a Liverpool supporter ever.

After the match Barcelona fans was behaving top notch even being eliminated. Watching some of my fellow fans behaving like shit last week in Barcelona it makes me embarrassed. They are truely a minority.
In recent years the transfers of our best players to Barcelona have made the bond between the clubs worse and some Liverpool fans seems to forget that football is hierarchy. For South Americans Barcelona will always be one of the two biggest clubs in the world. Deal with it and move on. Tbf we got overpaid as well, so why this random bs anger?

I can to some extent understand why LFC7 felt cheated at Camp Nou. Like, we did not expect Suarez to celebrate or behave like he usually do, against us. Since most of us value him as one of the absolute greatest players ever to have played for Liverpool and somehow thought he had greater feelings for Liverpool. But then again, this is how Suarez have been all his life. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to understand that this is the way he will be on the field against anyone. We are still licking our wounds after Suarez and Coutinho though. I believe thats what it is all about when it comes down to when some Liverpool fans now suddenly behave like pieces of shit against Barcelona.

Liverpool acted the same amount of scummy against Barcelona at Anfield anyways. Usually Liverpool plays really fair so I have no problems admitting Liverpool players being douchy yesterday.

And yet again the traveling Barcelona fans was behaving classy as few other, even though botteling for the second year straight. Respect and fair play to you guys. Best of luck next year. "Form is temporary, class is permanent".

As a Barcelona fan, I used always root for Liverpool back in the day, this was Man United golden years.
I wasn't a fan, b.c I never followed them like Barca, but anytime I got the chance to watch the EPL, I was always rooting for Liverpool no matter which team they played against
I think some of the tension between the fans of Barcelona and Liverpool deff has to do with Barca getting those Liverpool players.
But from the Barca side, Liverpool losing the final against Madrid, when they were clear favorites, was one of the toughest pills to swallow.
I think many fans started to dislike Liverpool a little after that.
After all, Barca have prevented United twice in the last few years from winning the CL.
How could liverpool not return the favor?
I will be rooting for Totenham this final, but I wouldn't mind too much if Liverpool won it.
Maybe winning it will put more pressure on Liverpool next season, and that's good for us 😀

Home of Barca Fans