Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Agree. I dont know how people expect Martin to start the CL FINAL. The only way he'd make it on the pitch is probably as a RB or a LB. However the Toure choice against Chelsea was interesting. Did he choose him over Martin because of lack of confidence in him? Or was it because of Drogba, giant vs giant, ivory coast connection etc...because if that was the case hed probably use martin pace against Ronaldo.

TiTi

Guys......Busquets sucks in middfield and he will suck against Man U.... we need Yaya ,Xavi and Iniesta in middfield.

Irish_Cules

People are saying that Sylvi will be destroyed but he had a good run of games when Abidal was injured and he was superb. Also we need an attacking full-back now that Alves is out and Sylvi is the only option.

redout

I agree. Besides, for such a big game it`s good to have a guy of his experience

Thats what im talking about... EXPERIENCE.

But his experience wont count for much when his 35 year old legs are left for dead when Ronaldo flys down the wing (considering he is LB). That is what I meant when I said Pep has some tough decisions to make. Then again on the other hand Ronaldo has an awful habit of wondering around and switching wings at times.

TiTi

But his experience wont count for much when his 35 year old legs are left for dead when Ronaldo flys down the wing (considering he is LB). That is what I meant when I said Pep has some tough decisions to make. Then again on the other hand Ronaldo has an awful habit of wondering around and switching wings at times.

Ronaldo is not that good dude trust me... Xavi, Toure and Iniesta will help on defence too and our attack will be brilliant with Titi,Messi and Eto'o.

IraqiCulé

Last time around our defense contained Ronaldo very well. And then there was that Zambrotta hickup...

We're going all the way guys. Man. Utd. will play a more open game that's for sure.

Besart23

guys why do you worry this much when we have Pep alongside Barca.He did it last night in SB,why not ir Rome,why not with Titi back,why not with Puyol back.Tell me did alves-abidal affected something in the game NOP..so play caceres RB puyol pique sylvinho/keita and the other standard,Up Barca

redout

Ronaldo is not that good dude trust me... Xavi, Toure and Iniesta will help on defence too and our attack will be brilliant with Titi,Messi and Eto'o.

Well I would beg to differ. Over the past two months he has seemed to rediscover some of last seasons form and scored 9 times in his 11 last matches over that period. Thats a pretty admirable return and against Arsenal the other night he was top notch. People seem to be writing him off this season yet he has scored 25 goals ! The thing I would be most worried about against Barca is his aerial threat.

Rulz

2009 Internet Champion
We cannot play Busquets in midfield again. If anything the Chelsea game showed us how important Yaya was to the midfield, SergiB might be good against weaker opposition that don't pressure us, but ManU will, and SergiB is no where near experienced enough, or good enough (yet), to start that game.

I think Pep went with Yaya because he was the best fit to take Drogba, so surely he will play Caceres now? There is time to play Caceres in the remaining La Liga games to give him time on the ball and gel a little bit with Pique, we need his speed as well because Sylvinho will have trouble with Ronaldos pace (say what you want about his abilities or his personalities, but he will rape Sylvinho in terms of speed, so it will be good to have Marty back there to back track and help out).

VALDES
Puyol-Pique-Caceres-Sylv
Yaya
Xavi-MagicMan
Messi-Etoo-Henry

Important notes:

1. Etoo: he needs to pull the finger out of his ass. I don't care whose finger is up there, but it needs to come out please.
2. Henry: needs to keep attacking all night. no matter who they play at RB, he is better and faster and will need to win that battle to help us attack with efficiency.
3. Yaya: has to look out for the defense, shouldn't go on too many attacking runs.
4. Puyol: has to be VERY careful with Rooney, we can't afford to let him skip past on the right.
5. Valdes: i don't know what he's been doing to get his performance up lately, but he needs to keep doing it. His monopoly price is now $260 thanks to the last couple of weeks.

Keys to winning this match:

1. Iniesta and Messi need to run circles around Rio and Vidic. They are both huge and aggressive, but Messi and Iniesta need to make them keep chasing and tire them out, as well as pull them out of position.

2. Defense should NOT attack too much. Sylv and Puyol are no where near as fast as Abidal and Alves, and they will need to stay back for the most part to deal with the ManU threats. Let the midfield/attack take care of our forward runs after the half way line.

FCBTubi

i am just afraid that if we maybe play marty on the LB then ronaldo would dive ALOT. because marty tackles really hard and then ronaldo would make it look harder than it really is...

Home of Barca Fans